GUILTY VA - Shanita Eure-Lewis, 35, *Ashanti Alert*, Gethsemane Baptist Church, still missing, 16 July 2022 *husband arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
The Virginia State Police issued an Ashanti Alert for a missing 35-year-old woman, last seen in Newport News Sunday morning, who is believed to be in "extreme danger."

Shanita Mikell Eure-Lewis was last seen between 9:30 a.m. and noon Sunday, July 17, in the area of Gethsemane Baptist Church on Roanoke Avenue.

Eure-Lewis is a Black woman with black hair and brown eyes, standing 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighing 178 pounds. According to police, she was last seen wearing a pinstripe shirt, cream-colored pants and tan flats.

Police handed out missing person flyers of Eure-Lewis in hopes of finding the the 35-year old mother. She was last seen by her family and friends at Gethsamane Baptist Church during Sunday’s church service.

"She was here Sunday. We talked, joked and she said she was going to get her sons and coming back, so we expected her to come back," Vera Riddick said.

But Eure-Lewis never returned for the second church service.

"This is the pastor’s, my husband’s anniversary this week, and she was actually the chair. For her not to come back for the second service was really unusual," Riddick said.

Police and detectives searched her house today after obtaining a search warrant. Drew also said the vehicle Eure-Lewis was last seen in has been located.

"The vehicle was located in Hampton. We have officers headed there now. We’ll obtain a search warrant for that vehicle and process it, just like we did the house. We’re not going to leave any stone unturned. I want to make sure that there is nothing inside that house, anything that points to any information, any indication or cell phones. Is there any notes, letters," Drew said.

Eure-Lewis has two sons under the age of 18 and is married.

"Is her husband a person of interest?" Head asked Drew.

"Her husband is definitely somebody I want to talk to. Detectives are talking to him at this point. I think the last person to be with her is somebody we want to spend some time with. There’s a lot of questions and hopefully he’ll be able to answer some of them," Drew said.

Last edited:
The Virginia State Police issued an Ashanti Alert for a missing 35-year-old woman, last seen in Newport News Sunday morning, who is believed to be in "extreme danger."

Shanita Mikell Eure-Lewis was last seen between 9:30 a.m. and noon Sunday, July 17, in the area of Gethsemane Baptist Church on Roanoke Avenue.

Eure-Lewis is a Black woman with black hair and brown eyes, standing 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighing 178 pounds. According to police, she was last seen wearing a pinstripe shirt, cream-colored pants and tan flats.

Police handed out missing person flyers of Eure-Lewis in hopes of finding the the 35-year old mother. She was last seen by her family and friends at Gethsamane Baptist Church during Sunday’s church service.

"She was here Sunday. We talked, joked and she said she was going to get her sons and coming back, so we expected her to come back," Vera Riddick said.

But Eure-Lewis never returned for the second church service.

"This is the pastor’s, my husband’s anniversary this week, and she was actually the chair. For her not to come back for the second service was really unusual," Riddick said.

Police and detectives searched her house today after obtaining a search warrant. Drew also said the vehicle Eure-Lewis was last seen in has been located.

"The vehicle was located in Hampton. We have officers headed there now. We’ll obtain a search warrant for that vehicle and process it, just like we did the house. We’re not going to leave any stone unturned. I want to make sure that there is nothing inside that house, anything that points to any information, any indication or cell phones. Is there any notes, letters," Drew said.

Eure-Lewis has two sons under the age of 18 and is married.

"Is her husband a person of interest?" Head asked Drew.

"Her husband is definitely somebody I want to talk to. Detectives are talking to him at this point. I think the last person to be with her is somebody we want to spend some time with. There’s a lot of questions and hopefully he’ll be able to answer some of them," Drew said.

For those of you like me who were wondering what an Ashanti Alert is here is a link to more info:

Newport News police plan to discuss new developments in the case of a missing mother at an afternoon news conference.

35-year-old Shanita Eure-Lewis was last seen Sunday around 9 a.m. attending Gethsemane Baptist Church at 5405 Roanoke Avenue.
“She was part of our 8 o’clock worship. As I understand it, she left to go home to get her two sons and bring them back the next worship service but did not return to the next worship service," said GBC Pastor Dwight Riddick.

An Ashanti Alert is a network to help find missing people between the ages of 18 and 64. It was named in honor of Ashanti Billie, who was abducted from Virginia Beach in 2017. Her body was found eleven days later in Charlotte, North Carolina.

BREAKING NEWS: According to court documents obtained by WAVY News 10, Adrian Lewis has been charged with first degree murder in the death of his wife Shanita Eure-Lewis. Her family reported her missing Sunday.

BREAKING NEWS: According to court documents obtained by WAVY News 10, Adrian Lewis has been charged with first degree murder in the death of his wife Shanita Eure-Lewis. Her family reported her missing Sunday.
oh no :( her poor kids.

oh no, this is such a selfish act. These children have lost both parents in a critical moment in their lives. Hopefully these children have a strong support network to surround them as they are going to need it.

Newport News police plan to discuss new developments in the case of a missing mother at an afternoon news conference.

35-year-old Shanita Eure-Lewis was last seen Sunday around 9 a.m. attending Gethsemane Baptist Church at 5405 Roanoke Avenue.
“She was part of our 8 o’clock worship. As I understand it, she left to go home to get her two sons and bring them back the next worship service but did not return to the next worship service," said GBC Pastor Dwight Riddick.

An Ashanti Alert is a network to help find missing people between the ages of 18 and 64. It was named in honor of Ashanti Billie, who was abducted from Virginia Beach in 2017. Her body was found eleven days later in Charlotte, North Carolina.

What a beautiful smile.

NEWPORT NEWS, Va. - According to court documents, Adrian Lewis, husband of missing Shanita Mikell Eure-Lewis, has been charged with first-degree murder and using a firearm in commission of a felony in connection with the death of his wife.
Husband charged in murder of missing Newport News woman: court docs

Sounds like he shot her. I pray her children weren't present and that they are in safe loving arms of family right now.

watching the presser now. Case is still early on, LE can't tell us much at this point, still building the case. Still no body, would love for Mr. Lewis to tell us where she is. We will be analyzing the shovel, the other evidence for more leads. At some point we may ask for the public's help but now is not that time. We don't want to run risk of volunteers mucking up the scene and inadvertently destroying evidence.

We don't know what precipitated this. Some neighbors say they weren't arguing, others say they were. I suspect there was an argument that morning. There was no one thing that caused these charges. It was demeanor, Items recovered from vehicle, from dumpster text messages, etc. that cause us to conclude Shanita is dead. It was a totality of the evidence. No one thing.

There was an individual who was detailing the vehicle at the request of AL and detectives seized it for forensic technicians to process. Based on what was seen in that vehicle I would have expected someone to question its condition if seeing what we saw.

The children have been with family members since prior to AL and Shanita leaving (so it would seem thankfully they did not witness the murder)

I owe it to the family to keep them informed and I will do that later today, we are searching several key areas and depending on what we find there may be another update later today.

[heavily paraphrased by me]

The criminal complaint in this case reveals a timeline prior to Mr. Lewis’ arrest. It states that on July 5 Eure-Lewis told her husband she wanted a divorce. On July 14, she reportedly removed all the guns from their Newport News home and took them to her sister’s home. She also left her two children with her sister until early Sunday morning, July 17, when both Eure-Lewis and her husband reportedly went to pick them up. That was around 1:30 a.m.

At 9:40 a.m.
court records state that Eure-Lewis’ sister got a phone call from Adrian during which he told her that Shanita was having an affair. Hours later, around noon,she said she got another call from Adrian Lewis where he told her that they got into a fight and that Shanita jumped out of the truck near Jefferson Avenue and Harpersville Road. The criminal complaint says a police review of cameras did not corroborate what Mr. Lewis says happened.

At 12:10 p.m., Shanita’s sister received a text from her sister’s cell phone which continued into a lengthy conversation, just by text. A mutual friend of the couple later told detectives that Adrian confided in him that he sent the texts to Eure-Lewis’ sister from her phone. The same friend told police that the night before Eure-Lewis went missing, that Adrian told him he would kill her if she cheated on him, court documents state.

Around 3:45 p.m. Sunday, Shanita’s sister told police she was at a traffic light when spotted Adrian’s truck parked next to a dumpster in a parking lot. She then noticed him placing items in a dumpster. Some of the items collected by police include a shovel with dirt, a brown purse and sandals, both identified as belonging to Shanita.

Police later located Adrian’s truck at a hotel in Hampton.
A special thank you to @ticya

Investigators quickly learned "Eure was observed [at] approximately 9:40 a.m. Sunday leaving her residence with her husband," Adrian Salvatore Lewis, 49, according to the statement.

"The vehicle they were traveling in was located in Hampton Monday afternoon," it is alleged in the statement. "The vehicle was processed Monday evening and additional evidence was recovered. The case has transitioned to a homicide investigation based on the evidence that was recovered."

On Tuesday morning, arrest warrants were issued for Lewis, who was taken into custody soon after.
Lewis is charged with individual counts of first-degree murder and use of a firearm in the commission of a felony.
Va. Woman Went Missing Between Sunday Church Services. Now Her Husband Is Charged with Murder

The criminal complaint in this case reveals a timeline prior to Mr. Lewis’ arrest. It states that on July 5 Eure-Lewis told her husband she wanted a divorce. On July 14, she reportedly removed all the guns from their Newport News home and took them to her sister’s home. She also left her two children with her sister until early Sunday morning, July 17, when both Eure-Lewis and her husband reportedly went to pick them up. That was around 1:30 a.m.

At 9:40 a.m.
court records state that Eure-Lewis’ sister got a phone call from Adrian during which he told her that Shanita was having an affair. Hours later, around noon,she said she got another call from Adrian Lewis where he told her that they got into a fight and that Shanita jumped out of the truck near Jefferson Avenue and Harpersville Road. The criminal complaint says a police review of cameras did not corroborate what Mr. Lewis says happened.

At 12:10 p.m., Shanita’s sister received a text from her sister’s cell phone which continued into a lengthy conversation, just by text. A mutual friend of the couple later told detectives that Adrian confided in him that he sent the texts to Eure-Lewis’ sister from her phone. The same friend told police that the night before Eure-Lewis went missing, that Adrian told him he would kill her if she cheated on him, court documents state.

Around 3:45 p.m. Sunday, Shanita’s sister told police she was at a traffic light when spotted Adrian’s truck parked next to a dumpster in a parking lot. She then noticed him placing items in a dumpster. Some of the items collected by police include a shovel with dirt, a brown purse and sandals, both identified as belonging to Shanita.

Police later located Adrian’s truck at a hotel in Hampton.
A special thank you to @ticya
I think I'm confusing myself or maybe not. So, he calls Shanita's sister to say she jumped out of the car, then approx 10 minutes later her sister received texts from Shanita's phone. Was he pretending to be her and then admitted it was him? YA GOTTA LOVE STUPID! Praying for answers for Shanita's family.

Last edited:
STERLING, Va. (7News) — A Virginia man was taken into custody after he allegedly tried to flee the country following his wife's murder, according to U.S. Customs and Border Patrol.
Va. man arrested at Dulles, attempted to flee to Jamaica after wife's murder: Police

yeah, not the sharpest tool in the box this fella. I hope he give up the location of her body so that her loved ones can put her to rest properly and get some sort of closure.

SBM
The new documents ask the court to fast-track permission for access to Apple and Google records. A judge will decide if Apple and Google should be ordered to comply with the request. [snip] That information is vital because police have yet to find a body and they need the Apple phone records to further establish the timeline putting Adrian at the point of her death if he was there.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fraudulent--named-wavy-employee/ar-AAZRvaI

SBM
The family of Shanita Eure-Lewis told WAVY it plans to create a way for people to donate to help her children, but have not set up anything at this time. [snip] A fraudulent account emerged this week,... [snip] 10 On Your Side wants to be especially clear about another concern. The person who set up the fraudulent fundraiser claimed to be WAVY weekend morning news anchor Kiahnna Patterson. Neither WAVY nor Kiahnna have anything to do with creating the fraudulent fundraiser.

The 35-year-old's whereabouts are still unknown after she was last seen at Gethsemane Baptist Church in Newport News following an 8 a.m. service. Newport News police quickly issued an Ashanti Alert, or an "endangered" missing adult alert.

According to a criminal complaint, she was last seen having an argument with her husband, Adrian Lewis, on Sunday.

Adrian Lewis is now charged with first-degree murder and use of a firearm in the commission of a felony related to her disappearance after authorities arrested him at Dulles International Airport allegedly attempting to leave the country.

Water Team Inc., a nonprofit community-based search organization, said Eure-Lewis' disappearance is now the 18th case they've begun searches on. The group also spent weeks searching for the still-missing Hampton 4-year-old Codi Bigsby.

Thursday, Slabinksi and several other volunteers searched near the Monitor Merrimac Bridge and will do so again in a different area of the Peninsula Friday afternoon.

“We wanted to wait at least 10 days because we figured the police needed ample time because there would be forensics to gather," he said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24
Back