GUILTY VA - TerriLynn St John, 23, Middlesex County, 26 Feb 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
O.K. Here's an alternative theory: If she wasn't talking on the phone at the time she was abducted, what if someone came to her door. She answered it wearing the clothes she had worn to bed (the blue "Outer Banks" hoodie), and necklace. It was reported that a shoe or slipper was also found outside the house. So, maybe she had just awakened from someone knocking on the door. She put her slippers on and went to the door to see who it was. She recognized the person. She went outside, rather than let that person inside -- it was someone she knew -- someone she was in conflict with. She didn't want to awaken her children who were still asleep.

The person struggled with her, ripping off her necklace and one of her slippers fell off. Her cell phone was ripped out of her hand and tossed into the bushes. This person would have had to immediately immobilize or overpower her in order to get her into a vehicle and drive away with her without her getting free. Maybe more than one person was involved in her abduction?

The vehicle was waiting in the field beside her house, where the tracks were seen later. Someone was at the wheel. The person who subdued her shoved her into the vehicle and they drove off with her.

After she had been abducted, a friend or relative rang the land line in the house. The 3 year old answered the phone and was told to put her mother on the phone. The 3 year old daughter said that she couldn't find her mother. That is when the caller was alerted that the children were alone at the house. Their hinkey meter went off.

Just my theory. Nothing factual here.

Wouldn't abducting someone while they are TALKING on the phone be a terrible idea? While distraction is ideal, and playing on a phone certainly distracts someone, Id worry that the person would yell out something incriminating before I had a chance to grab the phone and disconnect the call or smash it to the point of not working before they had a chance to say my name (if not a stranger) or some description of me.

I'm going to say that a good, loud, all-purpose, generic shriek would be my reaction, rather than screaming out the name of the person who is assaulting or trying to abduct me. I might use a curse word at them, too.

I'm going to say that a good, loud, all-purpose, generic shriek would be my reaction, rather than screaming out the name of the person who is assaulting or trying to abduct me. I might use a curse word at them, too.

If they were on the phone at the time, I wonder how long it was from time of sudden disturbance to phone call being disconnected.

If they were on the phone at the time, I wonder how long it was from time of sudden disturbance to phone call being disconnected.

Maybe her abductor did not even disconnect the call, because he was busy struggling with her, and just tossed the phone into the bushes. Then, she would have been quickly removed from the area, out of range of the phone's speaker, and whoever was on the call would not have been able to hear her.

Maybe her abductor did not even disconnect the call, because he was busy struggling with her, and just tossed the phone into the bushes. Then, she would have been quickly removed from the area, out of range of the phone's speaker, and whoever was on the call would not have been able to hear her.
Very good point. It's also possible the call never got connected. Or do we know that it did?

Sent from my Alcatel_4060A using Tapatalk

I am of the opinion she was on the phone also, only because the grandparents knew to go check. How did they know that? I am going to ASSUME the daycare wouldn't call a next-of-kin that soon if the kids didn't show up. Yes if they weren't picked up but drop off, many times kids are sick and the parents call in later in the day to report, not first thing. I know we don't know how long the kids were alone but again, I can't see daycare calling next-of-kin that soon?? Hmmmm....

Really scary and I hope they find her soon!

sounds like she was on the phone with her sister, who perhaps lives elsewhere, when something bad happened... and the sister then called her father to go check on Terrilynn and the kids? IDK, the phrasing in some of the articles is odd (the sister discovered the children alone and then T's father went to her home... but if the sister discovered them alone, how did that happen if the dad was the first to arrive?) Details are understandably not that clear at the beginning so I am cutting LE and MSM a break as more is clarified and learned.

I think that Terrilynn tossed her phone vs. perp. tossing it.

Very good point. It's also possible the call never got connected. Or do we know that it did?

Sent from my Alcatel_4060A using Tapatalk

No. We don't know whether or not she was on her cell phone at the time of her abduction.

It seems from some non MSM sources (so take this as speculation and MOO) that there is some disagreement on whether she and the ex were or were not together. Her FB would certainly not indicate a relationship (and she is listed as single). However, in MSM they call the man who saw her at 4:30am that morning her boyfriend. So take that for what it’s worth, with a large grain of salt. This seems to be one of those cases where the comments on articles and such are going to give more insight. I highly suggest reading the comments associated with the articles posted, just to get some more possible perspectives. I’m still very curious about the POIs that were being questioned and why we haven’t heard more on that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess they will be requesting her cell phone records to determine who she has been in contact with.

Police update (I paraphrased)

Police have interviewed persons of interest in TerriLynn’s disappearance and everyone is said to be cooperating. DNA samples were taken and sent for processing.

Officers searched late into the night yesterday. Aerial and land searches continue today.

TerriLynn’s employer contacted her family when she failed to show up to work.

Her two children are unharmed and are safe with a relative.

Police ask for the public to please not share unsubstantiated information on social media. If there is something you feel is relevant to the case, please contact authorities first. Rumors and untruths can take away time that could be spent investigating.

Anyone who was in the area between 4:30 a.m. and 6:30 a.m. that morning and may have seen something is asked to contact police at the 24-hour tip line at 804-758-5600.

https://www.facebook.com/CBS6News/videos/10155502176652426/

Police have interviewed persons of interest in TerriLynn’s disappearance and everyone is said to be cooperating. DNA samples were taken and sent for processing.

Officers searched late into the night yesterday. Aerial and land searches continue today.

Police ask for the public to please not share unsubstantiated information on social media. If there is something you feel is relevant to the case, please contact authorities first. Rumors and untruths can take away time that could be spent investigating.

Anyone who was in the area between 4:30 a.m. and 6:30 a.m. that morning and may have seen something is asked to contact police at the 24-hour tip line at 804-758-5600.

That press conference is definitely an interesting one. They are not only using their administrative and court staff, but they have personnel/assets from VA State Police, Glouchester County SO and Hampton City PD. They didn't waste much time getting a press conference together either.

so I was indeed wrong in re her being on the phone and that's what alerted folks. The alert was raised when she did not show for work. Details still coming out. Please be ok, TerriLynn - your kids need you!

Good they have DNA to go off of.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member