GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why they chose to release this info.
Clearly they ran her card info and saw that it had been used.
Contacted the last location used and asked for video of who used it.

With the time that has lapsed though I am not sure if I think this info is worth anything in public versus not telling him they are on to the card use and hoping he might use it again when he got desperate. I might have sat on that info.

Just so you all know, if it turns out this sweet looking 12 year old girl killed her mommy, my faith in mankind will be permantly shattered. :(

(OT: There was another case in NC a few years back where a teenage girl killed her mom. Walked free for years, but then more recently was charged, I think? Anyone remember that case?)

86939860-07125804.jpg

Is it just me or does it look like he is holding something behind his back?

I applaud his mother for speaking to him and trying to help.
My comments were about how many people were aware of an inappropriate relationship before it happened. Not just her, many people.

Please remember she is 12 and although may look older she is not and may believe anything and everything he says to her - even the most ridiculous. She may not have screamed and yelled because he said he would kill her.

WHo knows.

He looks to be taller than 5'11'' in that photo of them in walmart, with him pushing the cart. My hubby is 5'11'' and stomach hits the ''handle'' part much higher than that. KWIM? I mean..people have longer torsos and stuff, but he just looks TALLER than what they are saying.

And I totally think this pic was taken BEFORE the mom was killed. Who the hell goes to a walmart in the same town to get some things right after youve killed someone? I would book it out of there and go to a different store hundreds of miles away, if I HAD TO. and them TOGETHER? I would have Britt stay in the car, unless she was forced to go along....

Off Topic, Elizabeth Edwards has died. May she rest in peace & God bless her children.

Thank You very much. It help us save time and i missed the presser.

Why is JE hand behind his back? The picture is a little fuzzy but I do feel from what I can tell she looks concern or scare.

And for the life of me why LE never wants to say what was purchase...why is that? this could be clues and could generate tips:waitasec:

I know she is only 12...but 12 isn't what is used to be :( I don't know what happened here, obviously, but we've all seen cases where kids her age did terrible things...but usually to younger children.

My guess is that he is the killer and she thinks she went with him willingly but has probably changed her mind by now and wants to go home...

He looks to be taller than 5'11'' in that photo of them in walmart, with him pushing the cart. My hubby is 5'11'' and stomach hits the ''handle'' part much higher than that. KWIM? I mean..people have longer torsos and stuff, but he just looks TALLER than what they are saying.

And I totally think this pic was taken BEFORE the mom was killed. Who the hell goes to a walmart in the same town to get some things right after youve killed someone? I would book it out of there and go to a different store hundreds of miles away, if I HAD TO. and them TOGETHER? I would have Britt stay in the car, unless she was forced to go along....

Either that or she is not 5'. I'm 5' 2 and my X was 5' 11. My head came approx to his collar bone.

could be reaching for keys on a lanyard or putting wallet away in back pocket..... perhaps it is prior to problems at house and mom says "use my credit card to get supplies at WalMart" Maybe as one poster suggested she bought a pregnancy test (nervous), mom finds out, things get out of control

ETA - completely random speculation....recliner mind wanderings

I missed the presser earlier..sorry if these have already been answered/asked..

1) When were they at Walmart?

2) Where was the Walmart (city/state)?

3) When was the last known sighting of either of them?

4) Why is it being speculated that Brittany may have killed her mom?

5) How long has Brittany known Easley?

Please remember she is 12 and although may look older she is not and may believe anything and everything he says to her - even the most ridiculous. She may not have screamed and yelled because he said he would kill her.

WHo knows.

Exactly. It reminds of Elizabeth Smart's testimony and how LE approached her in a library once, wondering if it was her. Her kidnapper wouldn't let her remove her face covering and told LE for religious reasons that LE could not see her face. She recounted how she was so angry at herself later for not stepping forward but was scared for her life b/c the woman was squeezing her knee under the table. My point is: an adult would have jumped up and stood behind LE, shouting 'they kidnapped me!' But a 12-yr-old still isn't sure of the consequences - would LE give her back to the kidnapper? would SHE get in trouble? (she thought that up until the end, btw) A 12-year-old preteen lacks the same reasoning skills of an older teen/adult.

ETA: This is OT (kind of), but I do think Elizabeth Smart's testimony is priceless, as someone who was abducted, raped, and held captive for several months. Her thoughts/actions give alot of insight into how a child thinks and how they survive such an ordeal. Their young minds just think differently, especially regarding who is control and the consequences - such as 'getting in trouble' with parents/LE.

Is it just me or does it look like he is holding something behind his back?

I thought the same thing!!!!

Wondering why they won't release the TOD. I understand keeping the method quiet, but there is a two/three day gap. It would be helpful to know when she died so people can know how long they've been traveling.

It looks like a hammer handle behind his back. Or something with that type of handle which could reveal the cause of death that only the killer is susposed to know??

I so disagree with bolded part. So many killer has been caught on camera in retail stores after a murder.

Hoffman was at local walmart buying tarps. That just one case. J/S

Thank You very much. It help us save time and i missed the presser.

Why is JE hand behind his back? The picture is a little fuzzy but I do feel from what I can tell she looks concern or scare.

And for the lode of me why LE never what to say what was purchase...why is that this could be clues and could generate tips:waitasec:

It could be evidence of a SO or even the murder. We don't know. But the chief did say in the presser that it was instrumental to them.

It looks like a hammer handle behind his back. Or something with that type of handle which could reveal the cause of death that only the killer is susposed to know??

I can't decide if that's something he is holding or if it is the legs of a stand or something up against the wall.

I can't decide if that's something he is holding or if it is the legs of a stand or something up against the wall.

I thought it was the legs to a stand, also. You know.. they have those hand sanitizer wipes to use on the carts by the doors? I think they even have a little trash can below the dispenser to put the dirty wipe. Just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke