GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/269968
She was 41. He was 32.

They flirted over the Internet. He sent online kisses and declared her "hot." She thanked him for his patience with her.

Jeff Easley moved into Tina Smith's house in Roanoke County, just across Salem's western border, a few months ago, a neighbor said.

No new news that I can see on the local TV channels this morning. Thanks to all who stayed up through the night and kept watch for any news. I did look at the missing FB page and someone posted that seems to be BS's friend that yes they were in a relationship and they called each other HCB for "handcuff buddy".

I will unfortunately be away from a computer today but will be up in the area near TS and BS's home. I will be glued to the TV just in case any news does come out.

It is sooooo cold here today. Hoping Brittany has a warm coat and the monster sends her home.

Pray for a positive outcome for Brittany.

Brittany is listed as a friend on her Mom's myspace...

So, her Mom would have seen her name on there. If it has been changed since early October.... wow.

I think this is the most shocking thing in this case so far. :eek: This sounds like two sisters fighting over a man. :waitasec:

Nobody should be having a conversation like that with Brittany... she is TWELVE!

I don't think Jeffrey Easley is the only person who forgot that. It sounds like most people viewed her as an adult and treated her as such... I have seen how that ends up too many times.

I really think they had a relationship and quite a few people knew or had some idea about it.

That is horribly sad...because this whole thing could have been prevented a long time ago... but also means odds are much better that Brittany will be safe. So I guess that's the silver lining and still the best case scenario.

AGAIN, change your name/picture on MS it changes the picture/name for every post she ever made, starting from day 1.

Do we know "who" changed Britanny's name?

No new news that I can see on the local TV channels this morning. Thanks to all who stayed up through the night and kept watch for any news. I did look at the missing FB page and someone posted that seems to be BS's friend that yes they were in a relationship and they called each other HCB for "handcuff buddy".

I will unfortunately be away from a computer today but will be up in the area near TS and BS's home. I will be glued to the TV just in case any news does come out.

It is sooooo cold here today. Hoping Brittany has a warm coat and the monster sends her home.

Pray for a positive outcome for Brittany.

I was thinking the same thing as I was letting my dogs out ; about her being warm. It then reminded me of Joan Renee Cook ( who is still missing ) and how I always wonder where she is. It's pretty sad that things like this stay on my mind, but I have to make myself aware of what is really going on around me ; so I can stay on guard. All in all, this case kept me up all night. I guess because it's so close to where I am and no matter what "relationship" BS and JSE had together, she is only 12 years old and he KNOWS it's wrong.

I pray for her safe return. <3

I found Brittany's myspace too.. says shes 18.. with JE's last name too.. hope this is okay to post. If not mods please let me know and I'll remove.

I think its very odd that she has a facebook AND myspace with his last name.

http://www.myspace.com/britt_britt16

I'd sure like to know the explanation behind her MS and FB having HIS last name. Also, the MS picture was slightly unsettling to me. Did anyone else notice her "shirt"?

That's a crazy sexy pic for a 12 year old. Hmmm, I think they may be in a relationship? JMOO

YES! Very disturbing...

Alexis Weed, reporter, saying aunt said Easley acted abnormally around Brittany - touching her hair, skin, face.

Hcb is her name for JE. I wonder if her mom found out about their relationship and he freaked out and beat her to death and took BS and ran.

I think the picture of what may have happened is becoming very clear... what a sicko he is... :(

Check the FB comments on Brittany's 'missing' page (link above): one posted just a few minutes ago is telling her if she can read the message that JE is using her, etc. I'm beginning to think along those lines and believe that she was groomed - and that she drove one of those vehicles away (someone had to).

Oh dear God... that poor mom and poor child.

Someone is posting on FB saying you can see all the private pages with an iPhone...? Anyone here have one and can check?

The same person is saying HCB may be handcuff buddy...

I was thinking the same thing as I was letting my dogs out ; about her being warm. It then reminded me of Joan Renee Cook ( who is still missing ) and how I always wonder where she is. It's pretty sad that things like this stay on my mind, but I have to make myself aware of what is really going on around me ; so I can stay on guard. All in all, this case kept me up all night. I guess because it's so close to where I am and no matter what "relationship" BS and JSE had together, she is only 12 years old and he KNOWS it's wrong.

I pray for her safe return. <3

I was reading her thread last night and then took a break to catch her story on NG at 11 and zonked on the couch. Just read on FB page...yep, she was in a relationship with this "man".

This sounds so much like the Alicia Debolt case. AD was 14 and her perp was in his 30's. Not a good outcome...he sodomized and killed her and then burned her body. He was brought to the area by a woman with 2 kids thru prison letters (pen pal)!!!!! ARRggggh. Brainless women.

Praying she is safe and prayer to her family and friends.

I'm thinking they may have taken off to Florida. Seems many want to take refuge there and it's the perfect time a year.

Oh really I didn't know that! I know that we had to pay one on our way home from vacation this summer!

Not sure of now...but I use to travel from PA to TN/NC using 81 and I don't recall a toll.

YES! Very disturbing...

She was very "developed" for a 12 yr old ---7th grader and yes, some of the pics are very disturbing. I remember just one girl in my 7th grade class like this and the rest of us girls felt deminished, but the boys went nuts!

I'm so glad some kids are getting involved on her FB page and trying to get in touch with her and telling her he's a creep and just using her.

WOW, I started this thread yesterday at work and haven't been near a computer to check back in. I'm so glad to see so much interest and support for Brittany's case here! I'll have to do some catching up tonight.

on Oct. 3 under her status he says to her "you will always be my hcb short stack pic 4 ever"

I think PIC stands for partner in crime.. anyone know what else PIC can stand for in that sentence?

I think they were calling eachother hcb... :-/
I think you are probably right about pic.

My guess is that hcb stands for hard-core boo. Boo is slang for boyfriend or girlfriend.

Edit: I see above the speculation about handcuff buddy so that may be it.

Someone is posting on FB saying you can see all the private pages with an iPhone...? Anyone here have one and can check?

The same person is saying HCB may be handcuff buddy...

I mentioned something about how I can view the statuses/comments through my iPhone, but not my computer.

I don't know anything about the "HCB" meaning though.

Then September 24th BS is complaining about how she hates drama...TS replies with something to the effect if you don't like it don't start it and how she's 'tired of playing 2nd fiddle'....

hmmmmm this just doesn't sound good

What?

I would think after losing one child this would be the least thing she would feel or think.

I really think he was grooming her. If he had seen a pic of Brittany online when starting the relationship with TS, then Brittany may have been his target all along. Sounds like he lavished her with alot of attention (based on photos, comments back/forth online, etc). At some point, it seems as if TS may have gotten jealous of the attention but probably not suspecting anything else. Then whatever happened a few days ago --- I'm thinking she found out that there was more to their relationship and blew a gasket. And it all went downhill from there. I have a hard time believing that JE had brainwashed Brittany enough to go along with her mother's murder, but he probably did convince her that the two of them would be together, be happy, etc. A 12-year-old girl is so vulnerable.

This is so sad...

Brittany may not know about her mothers murder.

I am hoping she did not. I cant see how this childs friends didnt speak up to school officals. My kid gets creeped out easy by stuff like this and tells me about it . She also reads here and follows lots of cases with me.

We should start a better parenting thread with tips for identifying grooming ,sexual activity and drug use. So when those topics are googled the thread gets a hit. We might need a forum.

I really think he was grooming her. If he had seen a pic of Brittany online when starting the relationship with TS, then Brittany may have been his target all along. Sounds like he lavished her with alot of attention (based on photos, comments back/forth online, etc). At some point, it seems as if TS may have gotten jealous of the attention but probably not suspecting anything else. Then whatever happened a few days ago --- I'm thinking she found out that there was more to their relationship and blew a gasket. And it all went downhill from there. I have a hard time believing that JE had brainwashed Brittany enough to go along with her mother's murder, but he probably did convince her that the two of them would be together, be happy, etc. A 12-year-old girl is so vulnerable.

This is so sad...

I completely agree !

Brittany may not know about her mothers murder.

I am hoping she did not. I cant see how this childs friends didnt speak up to school officals. My kid gets creeped out easy by stuff like this and tells me about it . She also reads here and follows lots of cases with me.

We should start a better parenting thread with tips for identify grooming ,sexual activity and drug use. So when those topics are googled the thread gets a hit. We might need a forum.

Hear! Hear! I so agree and have stated this before. I think it would be instrumental in educating...so many parents really don't know what to look for in just trying to keeps their kids safe. Some from poor parenting themselves are clueless to good parenting skills (no fault of their own)
They could ask questions and seek answers in welcomed environment.

Kudos to your girl for her interest in staying safe. Reading here gives the kids a big dose of reality.

This a pic from his FB page. He doesn't look like a 32 yr old, imo, but more like a 19 or early 20's....and yes, as one other poster noted...the number of young girls on his FB is alarming. Maybe someone with the knowledge could enlarge this photo. ???

41622_1583732162_526_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1583732162

ETA: I noticed too that he and the mother had a big weight change. I attributed her loss to a grieving parent, but I''m wonder now about drug use also. ??? Is he really heavy now and at 265...big difference in this pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke