GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JS spoke to many woman on FB and MS, heck who knows what other website and this could have been years too. If anyone is helping him, they are held at gunpoint or he is holding another teen prisoner in another home and this is how the person is able to come and go and help out. Even with this, I cannot imagine a woman still wouldn't call the police!

Chris,

Do you have access to criminal records for Alabama?

We have hit a dead end there, but one of my earlier posts shows a string of criminal issues in North Carolina and then in 2002 he just disappears from those records. Seeing that we know he did not become an upstanding member of society since then his criminal record has to pick up somewhere else. Alabama was our guess but their records were not accessible.

Does anyone know where in North Carolina these criminal issues took place?

Heck he could be in another home reading this website or news reports and laughing it up while he is holding another kid hostage to force the mother to help hide them.

has anyone checked Linkedin for him.. i think that is another social networking site..

MB, Craig County came to mind immediately when I saw they had purchased a tent. There is "back woods" there. When I was a kid we had a property on Craig Creek and I mean it is waaaaayyyyy back in the sticks. Back in the 60's we did not even have electricty back in there. My grandfather had built a two room cinderblock cabin with a fireplace and a 'path'. (My grandfather built an outhouse all the way across the creek from the cabin). I was a city girl and hated every minute of those "fun family" camping "experiences" and we went in the summer and spring. Cannot imagine what it is like back in there this time of year. Doubt anyone but local VA residents would know anything about those areas back in there though. Oh and on the way out of that place you had to drive across that creek three times. I believe there are little bridges there now though. Yes there sure are some desolate places for someone to disappear in the surrounding areas of Roanoke/Salem.

My late husband's family owns land in Oriskany (Botetourt Co.). It's roughly 200 acres and I've been all over that land...and there are so many places to hide there, that no one would find you if you didn't want to be found.

The farmhouse has electricity, but only cold running water...and no bathroom, but an outhouse... And this was in the 1990's...

So I def. know what you're talking about.

Giles Co. and on down into far SW VA have some very remote spots also...and some very poor areas that probably have no cable reception and/or internet access. There are some people probably around the borders of VA/KY & VA/WV that have no idea of this story or that they need to be on the lookout for Easley.

I definitely know what you are both talking about. Back in my teens, my friend's uncle had a cabin in Craig Co and we use to always go there in the Summer to get away. It had no electricity or running water, but there was a nearby stream where water was always present. Even with limited resources, we always had fun and made do. Of course we brought our own food, water/drinks, blankets, pillows, etc. It was so far back that we actually had to ditch the car to walk half a mile to gain access to the cabin. It was well hidden by pine trees too.

It's really hard to tell where they could be, but at the same time there are so many abandoned/run down houses that they could hide in. In fact, also in my teens, there use to be an old house right off Texas Hollow Rd that my friends and I use to go to chill in. It looked like someone had abandoned it in the 60's due to the items we found inside. We always went there just to have a place to get away. No one ever came by or checked it nor called the cops on us, etc. ; so I'm sure there are plenty of places like that all over, especially if they are needing shelter.

I live in Huntsville, Ala and the information is running on our tv station. If he comes to this area someone will see him. They state that LE think they may be in the state of Alabama.

I'm just outside Montgomery; so far I haven't seen anything on our local news sites... Not that the Montgomery Advertiser is anything close to being a "real" news site! :blushing:

~Mish

ETA: We happen to have Easley families here in my small town; quite a few children with that last name attend my sons' school. Hhmmm?:waitasec:

The weather has been freezing, I don't think he is going to camp in that tent. Maybe crossed his mind at 1st then he realized it was way to cold. I'd think he would be staying in a car to sleep and stay warm and using the tent to store things or when the tempature is decent or not using it at all. I hope they find the both of them soon.

Heck he could be in another home reading this website or news reports and laughing it up while he is holding another kid hostage to force the mother to help hide them.

I had an eerie feeling what if he used Brittany as bait to get into someone else's home. I really hope not because no one else should be involved in what's going on.

Read somewhere on FB that there is mom, stepdad, and 2 brothers. Not sure about biodad. Being the betting kind....I bet momma is talking to LE. She knows kiddo's dad is a cop and she wants him back alive and her message to JE was to NOT to harm BS. I still think JE called her Sunday to fish for information from her not to give her information. She was probably told about the tent before the presser and that's why the comment about food and being cold came up.

How close are Brittany and her dad? Has it been reported? Has Brittany's dad made a plea for her safe return, or anything like that?

I can't believe how many locals there are here on WS, it is really great to be able to hear from so many...

As far as the color status changing, I would imagine they knew at once that he was dangerous, due to the murder victim left behind...so the change really is interesting...

I'm hoping that LE has an idea of who might take them in...and is on it, and a break comes soon. I can't believe they would be able to stay outdoors long...not many areas of the country where it won't be below 40 degrees at night...

fyi, if you go to m.myspace.com you can search for people and see their stream.

Maybe if a 12 year-old's parents owned a summer house or a cottage she could sneak them a key to have copied?

That is just what I was thinking-do either of them know someone with a cabin? They might go, with or without permission...

The weather has been freezing, I don't think he is going to camp in that tent. Maybe crossed his mind at 1st then he realized it was way to cold. I'd think he would be staying in a car to sleep and stay warm and using the tent to store things or when the tempature is decent or not using it at all. I hope they find the both of them soon.

If he is local still it is to cold to even sleep in a car.

He could steal gas with a hose from local neighbors ,school bus lots , Rental car places. If they dont have money the only issue would be to not get caught stealing the gas. Apartment complexes is where I would go if I needed gas.

I would have also ditched the tags on the car already with stolen plates from a car the same color and even put the old tags on the decoy tag car. I would try to find a car that hadnt been washed for a while. Hoping the owners would not notice. I also might put two different tags from two different cars. I would switch plates often. I would also know this is risky but the options are limited.

I would have stole I.D's before making a run like this. They should check his friends and see when they replaced or renewed their current I.D's or if any are missing. Also check Brittany's friends for theirs.

I hope LE is looking at all stolen car reports in the various nearby states as well...

I wasnt thinking normal parents when I suggested poss hiding them. There are parents that have no idea where their kid is. and/or the kid has no idea where mom /dad is.

Home alone is standard for lots of people. say Mom works 12 hr shift. thats plenty of time to move around etc then go back and hid till she goes to work again. Someone mentioned nurses, and we often work longer shifts. I wish they had shown more of the prayer group. who was not looking sad?

How close are Brittany and her dad? Has it been reported? Has Brittany's dad made a plea for her safe return, or anything like that?
Your post makes me think how sad it is about TS's death. Most of the cases I have followed here on WS, there is usually a distraught mother who goes out and makes pleas for help to find their child, or tries to organize fund raisers to help with searches; i.e., Brittanee Drexel who disappeared from Myrtle Beach in April 2009.

When I have seen the police chief, Lavinder, I have felt that he has a lot of compassion, and he knows that no mother is going to be here when Brittany Smith is found and it is just so so sad.

Have not seen really any family members on the news or any of them making pleas, but perhaps I have missed that.

I was reading through BS myspace posts (Thanx Catydid)...

IMO... I don't think JE is (hcb). Her posts from Aug., list her hcb as "TJ". Also, in other posts she calls JE by name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K-Nine