GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
::sigh::

was sure hoping this would be over today...Brittany's family must be going out of their minds.

no one knows if she's safe. :(

Just hearing from my sister in LE dispatch for Troopers... there have been ALLOT of calls about possible spotting's but all are being checked out and so far none of them are JE or BS

One thing LE will have to deal with...the more Amber Alerts and publicity, the more false sightings they will have...it never fails.

But maybe one will be real.

been lurking in and out and dont have time to read the rest of the thread right now. Can someone tell me why LE thinks they are in Florida as opposed to elsewhere? TIA

One thing LE will have to deal with...the more Amber Alerts and publicity, the more false sightings they will have...it never fails.

But maybe one will be real.

I know the Two county's I deal with NEVER have a problem going to check out calls related to Amber Alerts, Matter of Fact our County has a whole big fund set up for just such stuff so they can all be checked out and they will even bring in more LE and give overtime for it...

been lurking in and out and dont have time to read the rest of the thread right now. Can someone tell me why LE thinks they are in Florida as opposed to elsewhere? TIA

Not really sure... Can't recall if he has family/friends there or not. But since they bought camping gear, it may a logical conclusion to think they headed somewhere warm? Anyone else know? All the locations of friends/relatives of JE are blending together in my brain...

Not really sure... Can't recall if he has family/friends there or not. But since they bought camping gear, it may a logical conclusion to think they headed somewhere warm? Anyone else know? All the locations of friends/relatives of JE are blending together in my brain...

someone they communicated on line???? Internet friends? heading there???

Just popped in quick to see if there were any updates and almost fainted. I thought they had found him. dang!
Kudos to the alert gas attendant. At least we know people are out there listening and watching.

It appears that there is a MS account under the name "Brittany Easley" and certainly looks to be her..... Has this been discussed already?

this was in our local news, http://www2.wsls.com/news/2010/dec/08/cow-brutally-killed-botetourt-ar-703681/

If you read the article, the animal was killed but only about $35 worth of meat taken from the dead carcass.

This is near the National Forest which allows camping throughout the forest.

I guess what I'm getting at is that if they are in the forest camping and hungry.... he could have driven down at night and stole that cow and taken just what they needed.

all conjecture of course. moo

The Amber Alert has been added to the newspage on wctv.tv in Tallahassee. Maybe information from social medias (above post) has placed them in FL or traveling south. The possibility of camping certainly makes better sense in FL.

duh.... I read further upthread. my news is old news to WS.... shoulda known WSers are always on the ball!

this was in our local news, http://www2.wsls.com/news/2010/dec/08/cow-brutally-killed-botetourt-ar-703681/

If you read the article, the animal was killed but only about $35 worth of meat taken from the dead carcass.

This is near the National Forest which allows camping throughout the forest.

I guess what I'm getting at is that if they are in the forest camping and hungry.... he could have driven down at night and stole that cow and taken just what they needed.

all conjecture of course. moo

Thanks for the link!

This is suspicous, even more troubling is that the cow was shot, then dragged to be butchered. But not alot of meat was taken. The meat would certainly preserve at a campsite in the cold temps. This is interesting to me because IMO, this man will go to desperate measures. He could be doing things such as this to 'scare' and intimidate Brittany. (in addition to eating it afterwards) My mind gets carried away with thoughts of what she must be feeling right now. She must be horrified. MOO

wm

Thanks for the link!

This is suspicous, even more troubling is that the cow was shot, then dragged to be butchered. But not alot of meat was taken. The meat would certainly preserve at a campsite in the cold temps. This is interesting to me because IMO, this man will go to desperate measures. He could be doing things such as this to 'scare' and intimidate Brittany. (in addition to eating it afterwards) My mind gets carried away with thoughts of what she must be feeling right now. She must be horrified. MOO

wm

Ok - I think it was JE. And I now think they're much closer to home. :twocents:

A while ago my car was broken into in my driveway in the middle of the night. The car was not locked at the time. Luckily, they didn't get anything because I don't keep anything in there but that's also a possible way he could be getting cash, credit cards, etc. I wonder if he's a smoker because he'll have to buy some cigarettes sooner or later.

Ok - I think it was JE. And I now think they're much closer to home. :twocents:

Me too, they were closer to home.
Leaving that much evidence and not taking any food back to camp, he has to know that is going to draw attention. They have to be on the move at this point.

Wouldn't there be a lot of vacant cabins in the national parks out here this time of year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member