GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brittany doesn't look too comfortable in a few of those photos...kind of "okay, if he HAS to be here..." type look...

anyone else see it?

Someone is behind the camera, that is the part that dumbfounds me.
A man you just met being this friendly and interested in a preteen he just met should set off every alarm in your body. Clearly it did for the extended family that met him. I wonder if Tina knew she was in trouble as soon as she got there and was just trying to navigate it or if she really bought this? The pictures and the myspace/facebook presence seem to say she was fairly clueless until recently.

They could have used a webcam for the pictures.

TS seems to have been quite wrapped up in mourning her son and maybe didn't notice...or didn't want to notice...what was going on between JE and BS.

Brittany doesn't look too comfortable in a few of those photos...kind of "okay, if he HAS to be here..." type look...

anyone else see it?

No, I have to say, I don't. I seen a tween with that "cool/sexy" look they try to pull off. And to top it off, if she didn't like him, why would she use his last name for a MS page?

anyone else see it?

Actually I don't see that. But maybe I dont want to see it because I keep thinking if he thinks they are in love maybe he won't hurt her and that will buy LE enough time to find them. The press is bashing her for being involved and willingly, I think it is her best shot at surviving.

Jeff Easley
yesjd9c00 9febq0kp a1cdy
10 hours ago via Email · LikeUnlike · Comment

A girl on Facebook who is friends with JSE on the site said this was his recent updated status. She said she copied it exactly from his page.

Is this some kind of code ?!

anyone else see it?

Actually I see that look in the picture where she is with her Mom..........

I feel uncomfortable looking at the pictures of him and BS. Had I been her mom, I would have picked up on that right away. This is probably the same feeling her family got - just too cozy to suit me.

I'm surprised that there are several picture of them together, and yet I haven't seen any of him with the Mom, are there any? I'm also surprised that he hasn't been caught with other young girls, is there any indication that he's been with others? Wow, what a manipulative, dangerous person he is. I can only imagine the betrayal and heartache the Mom must have felt when she realized (and I'm sure it was shortly before her death) that Brittany was his target from the start. I have to agree, if this type of behavior (looking at pictures) was going on, the Mom surely must have been blind to the situation. I don't want to pile it on the Mom though. I think these type of men are major manipulators and liars, and very believable.

HLN is only covering Elizabeth Smart verdict...no other news at all in past 40 minutes or so...

(OT, but WHY 6 months before sentencing, good grief)

Jeff Easley
yesjd9c00 9febq0kp a1cdy

A girl on Facebook who is friends with JSE on the site said this was his recent updated status. She said she copied it exactly from his page.

I'm thinking someone hacked it. I hope it's real, though, b/c his e-mail provider will be able to track where it was updated from, unless it was a cell phone. Even so, the cell phone should ping.

Actually I don't see that. But maybe I dont want to see it because I keep thinking if he thinks they are in love maybe he won't hurt her and that will buy LE enough time to find them. The press is bashing her for being involved and willingly, I think it is her best shot at surviving.

It's unfortunate (and unfair) for the media to do this. She's a 12 year old child...and while 12 year olds aren't quite what they were when some of us were 12, she's still definitely not able to make informed adult decisions. She isn't going to be capable of thinking through all the ramifications of her actions in something this huge.

Jeff Easley
yesjd9c00 9febq0kp a1cdy

Looks like modified L33t to me.

I'm thinking someone hacked it. I hope it's real, though, b/c his e-mail provider will be able to track where it was updated from, unless it was a cell phone. Even so, the cell phone should ping.

It would take a special kind of stupid to hack into a facebook or myspace that you have to know is being monitored by the Feds.

It's unfortunate (and unfair) for the media to do this. She's a 12 year old child...and while 12 year olds aren't quite what they were when some of us were 12, she's still definitely not able to make informed adult decisions. She isn't going to be capable of thinking through all the ramifications of her actions in something this huge.

Wow I agree, a 12 year old is not capable of making a decision of an adult, even if she involved with him, he manipulated her into it. Apparently he's very skilled at this because even the adult Mom fell for it.

I still do not get why no one is saying what this guy did for a living in the past...he is 30 something for gods sake. why not say place of employment, talk to people he worked for.....where his money came from in the past to me is of huge importance.....ugh. was he being supported by family prior to oct....or did he live with roomates etc.?????I just do not get why there is no one saying anything about the type of person he is?????? Normally you get people wanting there few minutes of fame like friends and neighbors, family etc. JUST WEIRD TO ME that no one is saying anything. he had to be getting money from some where prior to Oct????? Mom maybe?????

Am watching HLN and just saw the clip about Brittany. They showed the pic of them as they were exiting WM.

I was trying to compare sizes and what has been said about height/weight. If Brittany is about 5' tall...then it would appear that Easley is about 6' 2"...but surely he is not between 215 & 220 lbs.

I was involved with a guy who was 6' 2". He weighed 240...no one would have ever guessed that...but trying to compare between my guy and Easley...I'd have to say that Easley does weigh at least 230+ in that WM photo. I'd actually put him about 250.

I just heard about it recently as well. I didn't understand either why it wasn't pointed out in the beginning because it makes a huge difference on a car.

How hard is it to take off a spolier?

I was friends with a guy who was about 34 or so and he really liked my oldest daughter, but never got out of hand when around her. She was 17 and thought he was "old". He asked me if I would be ok if he asked her out and I said NO I am not ok with it, you need to wait until she finishes high school and then you can asked her, but be prepared for her to say no. He respected my wishes and actually he got married before she finished high school.

Okay - looked up the "modified L33t". It's some kind of code (similar to ASCII?) and has to do with hacking, I think. I used to do some programming but have just scanned Wikipedia - ha ha... Just wanted to post in case any of you want to look into it as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member