GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
can I also add that I was discouraged by HLN coverage on NG the other night (guest host not NG). When discussing the two vehicles and how his had been located in roanoke a caller questioned how did he get his vehicle to Roanoke, get back to the house to collect her vehicle?

The panelists all went on to discuss that this was a very good point and anyone who had helped give him a ride or get him back for that second vehicle would be in big trouble and face accomplice charges blah blah blah.

I was dismayed. Talk about discouraging anyone who may have picked him up unknowingly and taken him back to the house. I thought it was quite a leap to call such a person an accomplice. Someone could easily have assisted in this with absolutely no knowledge that there was a crime in the middle of being committed.

I sincerely hope anyone who did give him a ride or otherwise assist him will not be afraid to call in their info because of the scare tactics put out there by HLN

OMG!!! Possible sighting in Alabama!

Florence police send video to Virginia to help in missing girl case

FLORENCE, AL (WAFF) - Florence police are helping in the search for a young girl from Virginia who is believed to be with a man with Alabama ties.

Florence police sent surveillance video to authorities in Virginia. They're trying to figure out if the man in the video at a Florence drug store is Jeffrey Easley.

Easley is suspected of abducting 12-year-old Brittany Smith. Smith disappeared from her Virginia home last week after her mother was found dead in that home.

Easley and Smith's mom were dating.

A news conference is planned this afternoon in Virginia. We will carry that newscast live on WAFF.com.

http://www.waff.com/Global/story.asp?S=13652277

I'm surprised that there are several picture of them together, and yet I haven't seen any of him with the Mom, are there any? I'm also surprised that he hasn't been caught with other young girls, is there any indication that he's been with others? Wow, what a manipulative, dangerous person he is. I can only imagine the betrayal and heartache the Mom must have felt when she realized (and I'm sure it was shortly before her death) that Brittany was his target from the start. I have to agree, if this type of behavior (looking at pictures) was going on, the Mom surely must have been blind to the situation. I don't want to pile it on the Mom though. I think these type of men are major manipulators and liars, and very believable.[/quote]

BBM I think your right and this kind could fool just about anyone....it's very scary. Her realization was surely shocking, dumbfounding and numbing to her.

I'll leave it to you since I have no idea what I'm doing - LOL!

Maybe BS was able to quickly send it out and just punched anything quickly looking to make contact for help????

Wow I agree, a 12 year old is not capable of making a decision of an adult, even if she involved with him, he manipulated her into it. Apparently he's very skilled at this because even the adult Mom fell for it.

Media as always runs with what is scandalous with no regard for the party involved. When I was young and naive (as opposed to being old and naive) I always put my name with the last name of someone I was interested in .... what girl doesn't? AND, what 12 year old girl (esp today) doesn't think she's old enough to make her own decisions? Compound on this girl the early development, grief and disrupted family life - and this is what COULD happen. Mom had the same opinion of 'it won't happen to me/us' as every other victim out there Find, persecute and prosecute the responsible party here - JE.

I have a question for you guys....

A couple days ago there was a posting on the Facebook Page for Brittany from a woman who stated she was at an AL campground & saw a blue dome tent camp site set up. She went onto say how she thought it was weird and that it stuck in her mind She claims that she called the tip in but do you think I should double check and call the VA police dept about it? After that above article it just made think of it. Here is the posting:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/permalink.php?story_fbid=118222738245228&id=112253375509634

Apparently more than one person saw the tent. What do you guys think?

Did this FB post actually happen 10hrs ago, or is this old? Can we get a date/time stamp?

I don't think it is anything more than butt dialing, but is very important IF it is current info.

I still do not get why no one is saying what this guy did for a living in the past...he is 30 something for gods sake. why not say place of employment, talk to people he worked for.....where his money came from in the past to me is of huge importance.....ugh. was he being supported by family prior to oct....or did he live with roomates etc.?????I just do not get why there is no one saying anything about the type of person he is?????? Normally you get people wanting there few minutes of fame like friends and neighbors, family etc. JUST WEIRD TO ME that no one is saying anything. he had to be getting money from some where prior to Oct????? Mom maybe?????

Good question. I''m wondering if he got any money upon the sale of the house they owned together?....if true. Granted the sale might have been after the mortgage fiasco, but they owned the house for 5 years. ??? What type of job, if any, did he have during that marriage?

I agree and I don't. They're not capable of making adult decisions, yes, but they are capable of making decisions. Not necessarily informed or rational, but they can still have free will and make choices. It just might not be a good choice.

And I'm not blaming the victim by any means, but I think that the mom wasn't much more objective than Brittany. She seemed desperate for love and she was grieving a terrible loss. I think both of those could contribute to a mindset where Brittany was left to do what she wanted, when she wanted to do it. I don't think a fully cognizant and responsible parent would move a man met on the internet into the house. Relatives outside the home were calling CPS. I think she probably caught on, but way too late.

I know I keep citing the Valessa case, but it was such a big part of our area's consciousness for awhile. That is a perfect example of how lax, indifferent, and/or permissive parenting can turn a child against their parents. I'm not saying TS was any of those things, but if she truly was almost incapacitated by grief, the result may have been the same.

Vicki Robinson let Adam Davis stay in the home. She saw Valessa making bad and dangerous decisions, but felt over her head and intervened too late. She was murdered the day she was to have taken Valessa to a boarding school. People around them saw how Vicki looking the other way was creating a dangerous situation. Vicki actually went to MI on vacation for two weeks, leaving Valessa in Tampa. I don't think the cases are the same, but ultimately my point is that although Adam Davis and Jon Whispel were bad influences, Valessa was on a very bad path before she met them.

I'm speaking in generalities now, without knowing what went on here: sometimes kids are just...bad. Whether it's nature or nurture or drugs or medications or whatever else, children do kill and plan and manipulate as well as a child can. They make decisions all the time; they can plan and deceive. What's up for debate is the ability to make GOOD decisions and the motivation for the decisions they make.

Brittany probably is just a little girl that's gotten in over her head and is desperate to go back to life as normal. I just think that there's no good way to sleuth if people turn a blind eye to the possibility that BS hated her mother and wanted her dead. I mean, those posts about her dead brother telling her to do things to her mom? If that's not a cry for help/warning sign, I don't know what is.

I never read these what were they??

I have a question for you guys....

A couple days ago there was a posting on the Facebook Page for Brittany from a woman who stated she was at an AL campground & saw a blue dome tent camp site set up. She went onto say how she thought it was weird and that it stuck in her mind She claims that she called the tip in but do you think I should double check and call the VA police dept about it? After that above article it just made think of it. Here is the posting:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/permalink.php?story_fbid=118222738245228&id=112253375509634

Apparently more than one person saw the tent. What do you guys think?

No she called it in there. They don't need the same stuff being called in multiple times. Also there is probably someone in VA on that page 24-7

Hopefully one of the reporters asks about the butchered cows incident at the presser today. I'm really curious as to if LE thinks they're involved in that.

I never read these what were they??

It hasn't been confirmed, but it was rumored that Brittany had been seeing her brothers ghost in the months leading up to TS's murder and that her brothers ghost had been telling her to harm her mom.

It was originally reported by a friend of Brittany, I'm pretty sure, but who knows what kind of credibility that has.

Good question. I''m wondering if he got any money upon the sale of the house they owned together?....if true. Granted the sale might have been after the mortgage fiasco, but they owned the house for 5 years. ??? Want type of job, if any, did he have during that marriage?

It was reported that he was a landscaper, but that he was currently unemployed. He had done landscaping jobs in the past though.

I'm just keeping an eye out for any news stories and I took a look at this Roanoke Virgina news site
http://www2.wsls.com/news/

I am livid. :furious: There is not one mention of Brittany except for that little box that tells you most read previous stories thingy.

I usually watch/read WSLS news but I have been shocked how badly they have covered this story. WBDJ7 has been much much better.

Did this FB post actually happen 10hrs ago, or is this old? Can we get a date/time stamp?

I don't think it is anything more than butt dialing, but is very important IF it is current info.

Even if it was just pocket dialing or whatever, Facebooks mobile app has a "geotracking" feature. LE should easily be able to trace at LEAST the city/state where it was posted from.

Am watching HLN and just saw the clip about Brittany. They showed the pic of them as they were exiting WM.

I was trying to compare sizes and what has been said about height/weight. If Brittany is about 5' tall...then it would appear that Easley is about 6' 2"...but surely he is not between 215 & 220 lbs.

I was involved with a guy who was 6' 2". He weighed 240...no one would have ever guessed that...but trying to compare between my guy and Easley...I'd have to say that Easley does weigh at least 230+ in that WM photo. I'd actually put him about 250.

You may be right, but think the description is prolly about right on...imo.
I dated a guy 6'2" who was neither thin or heavy and he weighed about 195, so this...to me...looks about right. One thing, I don't know when the pics of tattos were taken, but his calves were huge. Side thought...if he was on any kind of steroids (also adding aggresiveness) and was giving to BS too, would this effect her development? Increase, etc.??

Sorry for the confusion. I meant the FB post with the jibberish that shows "10 hours ago".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member