GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
2nd question.... the guy with the hat and dark jacket. he is with them. they come into the store together. the guy pays for the gas.You can see them talking in line and Easley goes to look out the door to see what pump they're at. the guy pays and then waits for Easley and Brittany at the door. Easley buys something from behind the counter (looks round to me...maybe Skoal?) and then the 3 of them leave

Good catch. He knows them. He enters with JE and BS and waits for them by the magazine rack in front and leaves with them. Maybe he is the friend LE referred to helping JE locally?
Je fidgets an awful lot. His behavior is odd to me, he is either amped up on drugs.meth or adrenaline.

Boy, San Francisco was the PLACE TO BE this weekend! Both Brittany AND Jean were found SAFE. Thank g-d.

Frankly, we should have a new label: "Found Safe, But Traumatized".

The fact that a family member noticed how pervy Easley was acting around Brittany and tried to alert authorities and Brittany's mother, is good to hear, but also so alarming that clearly Smith's mother didn't care or notice. This angers me greatly. Because of this, Brittany's mother paid the ultimate price, and well, Brittany lost her innocence.

I do not know all the details about Brittany and her mother's life/lifestyle and family status PRIOR to this situation, so I won't comment on her father, or anything else. I honestly know nothing about him, other than he is a cop. If someone can cue me in on Brittany, her mother, and her father---and their past, that would be helpful. This thread got really long, fast!

When I have children, in addition to the usual stranger danger banter, I want to talk to them about what they should do IF they ARE taken. Not to believe anything they say, and tactics on how to escape in a public setting (distracting shoppers, employees, playing sick, other tricks). There was a case not too long ago about a (young) girl who was kidnapped by her father, and faked sick to escape---and it was successful. Here is an article: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20023811-504083.html

Someone must have instilled those survival skills into that child. What a bright young girl.

The problem with Brittany's situation is that it seems Easley lured her into a trusted relationship long before the abduction---TIME was on the abductors side. This made it harder to detach from him. What a manipulative sicko. Was he a registered sex offender? If someone could direct me to info on him too, that would be great.

respectfully watchful_eye, (BBM) we don't know that. She may well have tried to act. She may have paid for that action with her life. None of us knows what went on in that house that last week or so. TS may very well have been trying to get him away from them both. This could have bene what precipitated her murder. If she did make mistakes I cannot find it in my heart to be angry with her as she has paid the ultimate price either way.

From what i see in this video it looks like the guy in the hat and blue jacket is with them he comes in at the same time as them, then JE goes out the store and BS stays in the store i assume with the other man.The man checks out then waits by the door then JE checks out and they all leave together.So this other man could have help with dropping JE car somewhere after he dropped off JE and BS to get TS car to leave on their trip to SF. MOO.

I have watched this a number of times and, all the gruesomeness aside, what I find most interesting is that he MAKES A PHONECALL while checking out. (IMO) He gets his phone out, clicks a contact, scans the credit card and pushes "send" to place the call. Just my opinion...I could be wrong. Very curious to know if LE looked into who he called at that very moment or who he received a call from. I just find it so very odd that he just HAD to have that conversation at what I would consider an inconvenient moment. What was SO important?:waitasec:

I am pretty sure that before they were found in SF, Chief Lavinder stated "we know who he was talking to on the phone at Walmart but we will not reveal that information".

I'll go back and see if I can find that.

Also, the vehicle they were in at the Apple Mart is red. Is that not JE's red SUV? Wonder if they were expecting someone to meet them there with TS's car and switch out with someone. This may be close to where Japandaaa possibly saw this SUV and it could be a friend (s) brought TS's car to that Apple Mart, Easley drives it and BS drives the SUV to wherever they ditch that SUV and then they hit the road. All my speculation here but as for the phone call, I'll be going back to see if I can properly quote the chief about the stating they know who he talked to on the phone at Walmart.

0-:19 (sec.)-Easley and Brittany Smith pull up to get gas. Easley is driving a red Chevy SUV.

Going to assume this is JE's SUV. Locals: How far is it from this Apple Market to where TS/JE/BS lived? How far is from this Apple Market to where the SUV was found?

:20-:36- Easley and Brittany enter the Apple Market.

:36-:59- Easley goess back to the entrance door. He seems to close it after it had been propped open and picks up a store product.

While he is near that door, I got the impression he was looking outside for someone/thing.

:59-1:16- Easley can be seen leaving the store very briefly, without Brittany.

Yes, and this is just after he's at the door doing whatever. I wish the camera had followed him.

1:17-1:27- Easley re-enters the store.

1:27-2:28- Easley is seen joking with the cashier. He buys two cans of Snus using cash. Brittany joins him. And they leave.

He is definitely joking. I also believe that's a large bill ($50 or $100) in his hand because the cashier immediately puts it under the cash drawer. This normally isn't done with small denomination ($20 and under) bill. JMO

2:29-End of Video: Easley drives off with Brittany in the red SUV.

He backed away from the pump. This strikes me odd, but without knowing the layout of the parking lot/pumps I won't judge.

I was nosing around WTM's MS a couple days ago and clicked on one of his friend with the initials CZ and noticed that JE had commented on CZ's status back in June. It sounds like WTM and this CZ were good friends. I wonder if that's how JSE and TS met?

Eta: nevermind. It was a status update from July 31.

On 10/2 she makes a posts and regrets she changed her name on everything to E. But not sure when she actually did, but by then she realizes it was wrong to do so.

Correct, and it makes sense to speculate it was at least changed by or even on that date as she commented on it. I was just trying to make people see that the June/July thing is not proven, because it keeps getting tossed around. :)

I am pretty sure that before they were found in SF, Chief Lavinder stated "we know who he was talking to on the phone at Walmart but we will not reveal that information".

Also, the vehicle they were in at the Apple Mart is red. Is that not JE's red SUV? Wonder if they were expecting someone to meet them there with TS's car and switch out with someone. This may be close to where Japandaaa possibly saw this SUV and it could be a friend (s) brought TS's car to that Apple Mart, Easley drives it and BS drives the SUV to wherever they ditch that SUV and then they hit the road. All my speculation here but as for the phone call, I'll be going back to see if I can properly quote the chief about the stating they know who he talked to on the phone at Walmart.

Newbie jumping in here. I live in Salem and if I am thinking of the correct Apple Market this one is just down the street from where TS lived.

Oh you bet it's interesting!! Thanks! My take on it:

The guy pulling in first is a friend. The red car is JE's Blazer. They are following one another. The door got stuck on the rug when it opened and JE is attempting to fix it. The guy from the first car to pull in obviously is waiting for JE and BS so they can all leave together.

Now the questions: 1. Is the front car TS's...I can only see that it is small and possibly grey...not silver... unless it is the video color. 2. Do I actually see JE laughing?!?!? while talking to his friend in blue?:furious: 3. What are they all pointing at up in the corner? 4. If, in fact, he did call someone while at checkout in WM could this be the person..."We are leaving WM now."? 5. Is this when the Blazer was taken to Roanoke and did the guy in blue bring them back to Salem? 6. For those in the Salem area - where is this store in relation to TS's house, the WM and where the Blazer was discovered?

JE does seem very hyped up. Did anyone notice that it appears he tries to prop the door open? It also appears the cashier is giving the other guy with JE directions. Why would they fuel up JE's red SUV if the plan is to take mom's car? Could it be that all 3 go back to TS's house after the trip to the store? The other guy could have driven off in the red SUV and ditched it somewhere for JE. Hope we don't hear this other guy is also a suspect in the murder or went cross country with BS & JE. To bad the video only makes me ask more questions instead of answering the ones I already have.

Sorry i did not do a good job posting this map, but Walmart and Apple Mart are both on Main Street, 2 minutes apart.

Hmm, if they're two minutes apart where were they the other forty or so minutes?

JMO...but I think he did receive a phone call in Walmart. I further think the phone call came from the man in the jacket and hat with them. I can see them going to pick him up and then returning with him to the area of Walmart. I think that man is the key to how the SUV was found. I think he drove them back to TS's house to pick up the car.

All just :cow:

I have a PC and can't get it to open either. I keep getting an error message inside the player.

Is it posted elsewhere?

ETA: got it to work... :)

Thanks Strawberry! I wouldn't have remembered even if I actually heard it said in a press conference. It just appeared to be a real call and one that he initiated. Now I'm wondering if his friend in blue, at the Apple Mart, was the recipient.

Japandaaa, what time did you see the red SUV pull in front of you/swerve?

The Apple Market ( I believe) is on Wildwood Road just around the corner from WM. Wildwood Road is where the I-81 entrances/exits are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member