MISTRIAL Vanderbilt Rape Trial - Brandon Vandenburg and Cory Batey

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tony Gonzalez ‏@TGonzalez · 6m6 minutes ago  Nashville, TN
Moore wants to know when Batey's memory came back Sunday. Batey: "On the way to church, I guess" / or McKenzie woke him #vandytrial

WSMV-TV, Nashville ‏@WSMV · 6m6 minutes ago
State done questioning. Robinson now on redirect. #Vandytrial

NewsChannel 5 PLUS ‏@NC5_PLUS · 5m5 minutes ago
Re-direct of Batey by Def. Attorney Robinson. #VandyTrial #NC5

WSMV-TV, Nashville ‏@WSMV · 3m3 minutes ago
Robinson done with redirect. Judge and attorneys having another meeting in chambers. #Vandytrial

These tweets are wrong. Batey said " you're asking me questions that I can't answer" in response to the girlfriend, not to the prosecutor.

Dislike inaccurate reporting and it happens all the time.

Is it just me? Why would he tell his then girlfriend what he did the night before? :waitasec: No way would he tell her the truth. I get what the prosecutor was trying to do, but I think it fizzled. At least for me it did. :sigh:

I came away thinking he isn't a smooth liar. He left the whole thing up in the air with his girlfriend saying he couldn't answer. I'd have asked when he thought he would be able to answer and to call me then and hung up.

He doesn't come across as anything but rehearsed. Not sincere. But even if he was, he still committed felonies.

Is it just me? Why would he tell his then girlfriend what he did the night before? :waitasec: No way would he tell her the truth. I get what the prosecutor was trying to do, but I think it fizzled. At least for me it did. :sigh:

Agree with you.

JMO

I feel sorry for him that he essentially ruined a significant part of his life, but I still can't excuse the actions.

NewsChannel 5 PLUS ‏@NC5_PLUS · 3m3 minutes ago
There might be a brief rebuttal witness, then the Batey's defense is expected to rest. #VandyTrial #NC5

One of the talking heads mentioned the rebuttal witness may be the detective that interviewed Batey to show that Batey remembers more than he cares to admit to.

Chris Bundgaard ‏@bundgaard2 · 2m2 minutes ago
#vandytrial judge delivers stern warning to unauthorized person taking pictures in court and posting @WKRN

Chris Conte ‏@NC5_ChrisConte · 5m5 minutes ago
Detective Gish is back on the stand. Says records show phone calls made from Batey's phone although log was deleted on his phone #vandytrial

Def. Attorney Long cross-examines rebuttal witness Det. Gish. #VandyTrial #NC5

Chris Bundgaard ‏@bundgaard2 · 5m5 minutes ago
#vandytrial officer says Batey's texts during time of "blackout" characterized as "coherent" convo, phone calls may have been deleted @WKRN

Def. Attorney Robinson's turn to cross-examine Det. Gish. #VandyTrial #NC5

Side-bar in chambers after Det. Gish's testimony as the state's rebuttal witness. #VandyTrial #NC5

WSMV-TV, Nashville ‏@WSMV · 5m5 minutes ago
State asked Gish about text messages sent from Batey's phone in the early hours of June 23, 2013. #Vandytrial

Gish said 3 different people received texts from Batey's phone during that time period. #Vandytrial

WSMV-TV, Nashville ‏@WSMV · 4m4 minutes ago
Gish said Jaborian McKenzie was one of the people who received a text message. #Vandytrial

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial · 4m4 minutes ago
Judge sends jury out for brief 5 minute recess in #vandytrial

Det. Gish being asked about the cell phone data from the defendants' phones and how he obtained it. #Vandytrial

NewsChannel 5 PLUS ‏@NC5_PLUS · 2m2 minutes ago
Jury still out of the courtroom - more questions for Det. Gish about cell phone records, & how he obtained his information #VandyTrial #NC5

Batey's defense has rested its case. Flecher Long now making a motion. #Vandytrial

Chris Conte ‏@chrisconte · 3m3 minutes ago
Defense make one last motion for acquittal as closing arguments in the #Vandytrial are imminent @nc5

Batey's defense has rested their case. #VandyTrial #NC5

Does the defense attorney always ask for Dismissal at this point?

Being a judge must get old...

Chris Conte ‏@NC5_ChrisConte · 5m5 minutes ago
Vandenburg's defense arguing for acquittal saying his client never touched genital area of alleged victim @nc5 #vandytrial

Chris Bundgaard ‏@bundgaard2 · 5m5 minutes ago
#vandytrial Vandenburg atty asks for acquittal based "no evidence" except "slapping of buttocks" on one count @WKRN

Chris Conte ‏@NC5_ChrisConte · 4m4 minutes ago
Defense also now trying to argue that there was no evidence alleged victim was forced to have oral sex @nc5 #vandytrial

Chris Bundgaard ‏@bundgaard2 · 4m4 minutes ago
#vandytrial defense atty Long cites "no evidence" on other counts during motion for acquittal now being heard @WKRN

Tony Gonzalez ‏@TGonzalez · 4m4 minutes ago  Nashville, TN
Long says testimony on several counts relied only on accomplice testimony. Also: use of water bottle didn't show who did it. #vandytrial

WSMV-TV, Nashville ‏@WSMV · 4m4 minutes ago
Long requesting acquittal for 8 charges for Vandenburg. #Vandytrial

Tony Gonzalez ‏@TGonzalez · 4m4 minutes ago  Nashville, TN
Long: only thing the prosecution has shown re: Vandenburg is unlawful photography (he is charged). Wants cts 1-8 dismissed. #vandytrial

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty7
Back