Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Before the non-verdict was announced yesterday, Beth Karas said JA was crying in the courtroom. I suspect she was crying because she'd just been told her mother wouldn't be in the courtroom at the reading of the verdict.

I suspect the sort of crying while smiling was because she was told she in on 23 hour lockdown and no interviews until something is decided and over. The smiling was for the juror she looks to, and for the twisted thought that she won in manipulating at least one of them.

Beth was on HLN and said a producer talked to Jodi's mom. According to her she was close but was told it was only a question and that the jury wouldn't even be in the room.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Close...is a relative term.

Fact remains...they didn't show up.

If they were indeed close, why not show up?

I'm not buying it. I've defended Jodi's mom throughout because I sympathize with any mother in that situation. I expect moms to be there. Especially at the end.

********I think the family support her to the extent that the jury seen them there everyday. It was their duty. IMO I think their obligation towards Jodi ended when the jury went out that last time.*******

They too hoped to be done with her!!!!! Imo

I haven't posted much since the mistrial on the penalty phase was announced because emotions seem to be running so high.

I don't fault the jury AT ALL. I was always doubtful that a death penalty verdict would be reached.

But remember, she is being punished. Each and every day that she is locked in a cell, she is being punished.

She cannot eat what she wants for breakfast, lunch or dinner. She cannot get quality art supplies. She cannot take a shower every day. She cannot visit one of the 1,000 places to see before you die. She cannot attend services at the temple. She cannot shop for a new dress or cute bikini. She cannot experience the promise of meeting a new "cute guy" who might be "the one". She will not have a child. She cannot get a suntan beside a beautiful resort swimming pool. She cannot learn a new outdoor sport such as kayaking or trail running. She cannot enjoy a lovely glass of wine, or her favorite mixed drink. She cannot have the pleasure of buying someone a meaningful gift. She cannot watch a beautiful sunrise or sunset. She will never have the pleasure of picking flowers from her own yard. She will never host a holiday celebration. She cannot stroke a dog or cuddle a kitten.

Sure, she may have a gleeful moment or two when she thinks she has "won" some issue or made some point, but she will never have happiness.

I am perfectly fine with life in prison for Jodi Anne Arias.

Just guessing but I would imagine most of the blood would be dissolved off the articles no?

:twocents::twocents::twocents:

Visible "blood" might NOT be present but you've got to respect that pesky technique of "touchDNA' testing that picks up material tucked into those "nooks & crannies" of solid state materials.___________Just sayin!

Just guessing but I would imagine most of the blood would be dissolved off the articles no?

I don't know honestly. I would imagine the floor mats would still be stained and more importantly the gun matched with the bullet and the description to grandpas gun.

I don't believe it anyway. I think it's just another gun found rumor

I suspect the sort of crying while smiling was because she was told she in on 23 hour lockdown and no interviews until something is decided and over. The smiling was for the juror she looks to, and for the twisted thought that she won in manipulating at least one of them.

No, this was before the jury was in the courtroom. Before all the media was in the courtroom.

But yes, she does attempt to manipulate the jury when its in court.

Posted by Litigatrix, and brought over........
The jury foreperson is usually a strong-minded individual...but some of the statements that he made seem to show that he was rigid in his opinions and may have leaned on some of the less sure jurors...."We couldn't allow ourselves" "My jurors""It had to"...I have mixed emotions about it I guess, because that's the purpose of deliberations, but him speaking in absolutes just rubs me the wrong way. What do you think? BBM...

"But we couldn't allow ourselves to be emotional and for that I am very proud of my jurors, they did a fantastic job of holding it together - though it was a different story when we got into the jury room. Speaking about Travis Alexander, he said: 'I am very sure in my own mind that Jodi was mentally and verbally abusedby him (not by Mr. Alexander..by "him") . Is that an excuse? Of course not. Did it factor into the decision we made? It has to."

It hit me the same way. He actually seemed to be proud of himself, and felt what they did was a great job. It's only a great job if you wanted to save Jodi from the DP. I think having some witnesses that would testify as to Travis's true character would have helped to sway a few of the 4 jurors to see the other side, but not this guy. First of all, he couldn't get past the fact that Jodi could have done it, (physical size) and if she hadn't admitted it, I'm not sure he would have found her guilty of 1st degree murder. It's pure luck that we aren't here crying over that fact. I wasn't impressed with the foreman. I've read that it takes a narcissist to live with another narcissist, so maybe that's what we've got here. He sure thinks a lot of himself. He reminds me of Casey Anthony's foreman. He came off smug, and all-knowing, too ! Yes, I am blaming this juror for the no-decision. You won't insult me by disagreeing with me, but I won't be moved by it.

:rocker: I totally agree with both of you about the foreman ...

He did come off "smug" and so sure of himself ...

I can't wait to read a statement analysis of this know-it-all's remarks ...

:moo:

Beth was on HLN and said a producer talked to Jodi's mom. According to her she was close but was told it was only a question and that the jury wouldn't even be in the room.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

i find that hard to believe. whatever they were told it was, they should have been NEARBY in case they had to get there in a hurry. everybody else got there. nobody knew what was coming but everyone was rounded up. i think they got caught out by the jury coming back and really were off snapping photos at the grand canyon. now she's just trying to cover her a$$.

Bringing over from last thread

Look, I'm on YOUR side. I wanted her to get the DP yesterday. I hate her, I think she's a cold blooded killer. But the fact remains, Travis could have EASILY walked away from her numerous times and chose to continue on with the sexual aspect of their relationship long after the stalking behaviour started. Yet he didnt. Is that an excuse for what she did? NO, absolutely not. But I can totally understand why some older generation people can see why that is considered emotionally abusive.

I just wanted to say I'm 62 yo, I have 2 sisters 66 yo & 76 yo..and we all don't buy into JAs story and we all were hoping for murder one death. But sometimes I think my sisters and I are the exception to the rule in these matters till I talk to one of my daughters (36yo) who would go murder1 LWOP ... I don't know...uhmmmm...she totally missed getting some of my "genes" I got no problems with DP at all.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
ETA: sorry I'm not sure the whole post got copied right, but topic of age is what I was referring to anyways.

After some thought yesterday, I suspected the 4 who voted for life may have been swayed by the relationship between Jodi and Travis. I had such strong feelings against Travis after that sex tape came out, I got mod-snipped. I also noted she maintained friendly relations with some of her exes. Some jurors may have thought Jodi would never have killed anyone if she hadn't met him. I, on the other hand, totally believe she would have. It was just a matter of time.

good question on HLN about JSS pulling cameras for this new trial.

they think the DT will ask for that. i think they'll ask for that, probably sequestration and for SURE change of venue.

I'm sure if they could they would request the Pinellas county for the venue next time.

19 miles down river from Hoover? I doubt the items would be bloody.

I didn't read that the items were found in the water. Who's to say they weren't in a plastic bag in the middle of a field? I'm sure it's just a rumor, but it would be great if they were found.

On a lighter note, (joking) maybe Jodi's parents were at the Grand Canyon trying to recover grandpa's gun. That might be more important than going back to court to hear the verdict. At least they wouldn't be followed since everyone would assume they would be at court.

I think it was a set-up that can later be used to her advantage. "My family wasn't here at the most important moment of my life."

Could be. Another 'boo-hoo' moment for the CK. :stormingmad:

They actually have family that lives in AZ, unlike Travis' family.

Interesting... wonder for how long? Like couldn't CMCHJA have went & stayed at their house when moving back to CA? So does this mean she also misled TA that there was no one else in AZ she could turn to for help??

Hmm interesting!

After some thought yesterday, I suspected the 4 who voted for life may have been swayed by the relationship between Jodi and Travis. I had such strong feelings against Travis after that sex tape came out, I got mod-snipped. I also noted she maintained friendly relations with some of her exes. Some jurors may have thought Jodi would never have killed anyone if she hadn't met him. I, on the other hand, totally believe she would have. It was just a matter of time.

Agreed about killing in a matter of time. The next man that refused to marry Jodi and could offer her what Travis could would have been killed, for sure. It just so happens that it was Travis. She was bound and determined to marry the next man she wanted to after Darryl refused to,

I didn't read that the items were found in the water. Who's to say they weren't in a plastic bag in the middle of a field? I'm sure it's just a rumor, but it would be great if they were found.

On a lighter note, (joking) maybe Jodi's parents were at the Grand Canyon trying to recover grandpa's gun. That might be more important than going back to court to hear the verdict. At least they wouldn't be followed since everyone would assume they would be at court.

Read somewhere awhile back that the gun and knife are buried in the backyard of JA's parents house.

I doubt we'll ever know what JA did with those weapons.

:seeya:

Who is Angie?

Hang on...marking my spot until I bring over the video.

Must see video. She is just like Jodi...without all the lies.

Ah! So refreshing !!!!

I love an honest psychopath! IMO She is no different than Jodi, the ONLY difference. This one isn't a liar!!!

IMO behind the mask and the lies this is how Jodi's mind works. Cold, goal driven and remorseless

Psychopath all the way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The denial was for HIM -- not his producer ... But his producer's name was on the jail visit logs for Jodi ...

I wish I had the link but I don't ... and it was reported on HLN ...

He denied that he or his production company had paid the family any money. Jodi is funneling the artwork proceeds to her family though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow