Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm shocked that anyone believed her. I truly can't see how they could. It makes me ill.

Don't forget -- you need to remain physically healthy to battle all of your competitors. Mark shall go only to the strongest! ;)

... and human. Throughout this trial there have been times that I believe she was very angry, frustrated, irritated at things that were said/done. She has been able to keep herself in check. She has handled herself professionally. From what others in the courtroom have said, there were jurors openly crying. She has seen how much work they have put into this over the past 5 months. She has seen them show up every day and often be left "cooling their heels" for hours while motions, etc were addressed. She KNOWS what they have put into this and could see how torn up the jury was over this deadlock. I am sure JSS was affected by the pain the jurors were feeling. I don't think the "glitch" when she was speaking was unprofessional - it was human.
(if we want judges who NEVER feel emotion in the courtroom then we would need people like JA to be the judges. God help us all then!)

I understand your point but I think your statement oversimplifies what I posted. I did not imply that an automaton should preside. I simply do not want a weepy judge.

My statements were also not in reference to her conduct on the bench during the trial, which I found to be almost exemplary (excepting the apparent absence of working clocks in her courtroom, lol).

My statements were point specific to her demeanor at the close of penalty deliberations. I believe choking back tears at a hung jury would have been more appropriate during an interview with Oprah.

Many judges hand down harsh sentences or are forced to release vicious murderers after a trial and they manage to do it stoically. That's what I expect. We don't have to agree. It is JMO.

My husband didn't follow the trial much at all-save for having to listen to me tslk about it everyday. He had a very firm opinion early on, though, that she looked like a cheesy stripper, sounded like a manipulative brat, and that nothing Travis did to her had anything to do with why she killed him.

Good to hear, and I agree.
JMO, I find it so disheartening that some folks feel that if the victim is a woman, gosh, whatever she said or did doesn't justify her becoming a crime victim (say in rape or murder). On the other hand, if the victim is a man, then it's perfectly ok to "evaluate" his behavior, calls and texts to find some justification/blame.

And just for the record, I don't think women or men should be "blamed" for becoming crime victims. I also believe there shouldn't be a double standard in favor of women only.

She's in jail. IMO she'sll never get out of prison one way or the other. I'm sorry for the family being unable to close the door on this at this point, but she is just whistling past the graveyard now. It's just a matter of time... 23 hours a day to sit around and think about it? I'm content knowing that she stuck her foot down her throat with her stupid narcissistic interviews, and that she now realizes they will come back to haunt her down the road. I'm not jumpin' for joy, but I'm convinced justice has already been done with her conviction for aggravated murder. Let her sweat.

I agree, Sleuthy. I just hate that the family has to go through more of this. I want them to just be able to move on as best they can and put Travis's murderer behind them.

I'm shocked that anyone believed her. I truly can't see how they could. It makes me ill.

I don't think they believed he was physically abusive at all. I think they latched onto a few of his words that needed no corroboration. *advertiser censored*, three hole wonder, when he said he "pretty much raped her" yada yada ...

I just keep thinking about all of Travis's injuries and only CMJA had the finger injury, this so shows how she went about to slaughter him when he was vulnerable, the rage and lack of concern afterwords, as well as today, no remorse, all I can say is this jury did not look at every factor as to why she should have been put to death, 4 people should have never been on this jury! I hope these 4 do not come across someone like her or their family.

so he thought big bad JM was MEAN to her??????? good grief, did he not hear the LIES that flew out of her mouth?

i don't really care what the dismissed jurors have to say now. i want to hear from the actual jurors!!

I want to hear from all of them, dismissed and not. Number 8 I want to hear from again because when asked how he felt about the experts, he singled out Samuels, not ALV for criticism. I wondered then if he had bought into any of what she was saying (he did say he didn't believe the physical abuse).

Note to jurors of the Jodi Arias trial: If you think badly of Travis now is not the time to express your thoughts. Think of his loved ones who are devastated all over again. Please and thank you.

Don't forget -- you need to remain physically healthy to battle all of your competitors. Mark shall go only to the strongest! ;)

And you know what? I think I have another love but I don't know his name? Not Joey Jackson, not Vinnie, but he's an African American man on that stupid After Dark crap.

I saw the video on AZcentral of jurors getting on the bus. And even though I had read it in the courtroom watchers' descriptions, I was just struck by how many older people there were. Middle-aged and older. I only saw about 3 younger ones...the two guys in the back and the girl in the middle with the blue jeans on.

I really think age played a factor in this. Think about it...some of these jurors probably have kids Jodi's age. And they know how long life can be...they thought Jodi still has a long life ahead of her, even if it is in prison. I really really feel in my gut this played a big part in the death phase. Yes, it's true that that also means that Travis' death would strike them even harder b/c he was young...but for once I agree with the THs who said they might have formed some connection with Jodi after spending 5 months with her in the courtroom. So sad, makes me think was the defense trying to drag this out on purpose? was Nurmi talking so slowly on purpse? I now think it was done on purpose in the hopes of this "connection" with Jodi, even if she was lying the whole time. Guess lying doesn't mean anything anymore, even if it about a little thing like slaughtering another human being.

Looking at the jurors filing in on the buses, I kind of see why there were 4 holdouts. They've probably never in their whole lives encountered someone like CMJA before, so sweet and innocent-looking, yet evil. They just couldn't wrap their minds around that, I believe. I will be very interested in seeing who these holdouts were and what there ages were.

It really is going to be interesting to discover the age (and gender) group of the holdouts. Interestingly, there were only 4 women on the jury, and we know from reports that at least 2 of them were sobbing after rendering the verdict. IMO, men are not as intuitive and perceptive as women when in comes to judging character. Travis is a perfect example. He was blinded by the killer's so-called charm, not to mention the forbidden fruit (sex).
Juror #8, a male, has stated that there was 'something off' about the killer, but he never went as far as to call her evil. I'm not sure that he would have voted the DP. MOO

Re dragging the trial out to humanize the killer, I agree. In this case, familiarity breeds contempt and I will never understand how anyone could have been bamboozled into thinking that JA was anything less than a cold-blooded killer with no conscience or remorse. It was a no-brainer.
Evil does exist in this world. Why bother to have the DP if it doesn't apply to monsters like Jodi Ann Arias. It's beyond demoralizing!

She's in jail. IMO she'sll never get out of prison one way or the other. I'm sorry for the family being unable to close the door on this at this point, but she is just whistling past the graveyard now. It's just a matter of time... 23 hours a day to sit around and think about it? I'm content knowing that she stuck her foot down her throat with her stupid narcissistic interviews, and that she now realizes they will come back to haunt her down the road. I'm not jumpin' for joy, but I'm convinced justice has already been done with her conviction for aggravated murder. Let her sweat.

Agreed! How in the world are they going to seat a jury who hasn't seen any of the side show?

If you watch the video he says VERBALLY abusive. He does not say he thinks Travis was physically abusive. I think it is important to point that out that distinction.

even so, i don't see how that's a mitigator. they had a fight and angry words were spoken. we also never saw HER side of that exchange. why is that?

didn't that text exchange go on for quite some time, and we never saw the whole thing? what was SHE saying? that's what i want to know. surely TA wasn't just ranting away with no input from her!

Note to jurors of the Jodi Arias trial: If you think badly of Travis now is not the time to express your thoughts. Think of his loved ones who are devastated all over again. Please and thank you.

:goodpost:

Excellent!! Well-said! And all that jazz!

It's devastating that they could trash his character on JA's word. A proven liar. It's so unfair. Poor Travis and his family. Does it ever end???

I'm done, Hopeful. I'm through watching trials. I trust JM 100% to make the right decision as to what to do next. I'll accept whatever he does. I'm NEVER listening to that verdict (or lack of one) ever again. I expected ' we, the jury, fix the penalty at DEATH'....:anguish:

It should be very, very interesting to see what happens in the mini-trial...

Come on, JA, we are all waiting to hear from ALL THOSE WITNESSES you said could confirm your bruises, abuse, PTSD...
If you weren't sure you needed them before, you certainly know it now...
Get them on the stand under oath or just STFU and quit lying.

(she has got to be soiling her striped pj pants thinking of all the stuff she said in those last interviews. LOL wonder what her excuse she will dream up for not producing the evidence, witness, etc. now? Although no one believes her, she was saying her DT made the decisions not to call family, not to call certain other witnesses, etc. What will be her excuse next time?)

I really want to hear from the jurors that were excused.

From the State of AZ vs Jodi Arias FB page:

A message to you, from juror 17:

Hello all! I was sent to this page thanks to a friend of mine now that I am able to see and hear things! I was juror 17 and later on I was chosen as an alternate. I was so disappointed and upset to hear my number called after all the time and work I put into this trial! Today was a hard day for the jury but it was also a very hard day for me!! To say I am devastated is an understatement! I feel so much pain that I can't even begin to imagine what Travis's family is feeling! Although today's outcome wasn't what I wanted and probably most of you as well, I just ask that you remember we are all human and no matter which juror voted which way, it was a very hard decision for all of them! I want to send my love and prayers to Travis's family and I really hope they get the right outcome next time!!!

Personal opinion: I would respectfully venture the hypothesis that the majority of Borderline persons are born that way, although I totally agree that having parents that ran hot and cold would not help a BP's emotional state, that's for sure!

Would love to hear any other opinions on that, and certainly don't mean any offense to those with BP. :twocents:

It can be both. Speaking from what i have learned only from work and school as a non professional it can be both. I have seen it in adults and kids (kids can't carry the official diagnosis but i have seen all the signs in many). Many of the adults I have worked with have a genuine history of bad to severe neglect as children. A number of kids I have worked with also came from homes with bad to severe dysfunction and show many signs of displaying Axis II traits.

There is a smaller amount I have encountered where there are genuinely great parents who have tried so hard and have tried so hard...and it just seems like from day 1 things were just not going right....something was off and they couldn't put their finger on anything specific.

I have no stats to back anything up but I do know significant dysfunction and/or varying degrees of neglect help shape and mold children's personas and its those cases most often I have seen....but by no means am I saying that it only happens in those cases. I have seen some scary kids. Very sad situations with them.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

And you know what? I think I have another love but I don't know his name? Not Joey Jackson, not Vinnie, but he's an African American man on that stupid After Dark crap.

Ryan? Or the guy with the big muscles who picked Vinnie up over his head?

I agree, Sleuthy. I just hate that the family has to go through more of this. I want them to just be able to move on as best they can and put Travis's murderer behind them.

Oh, I know. That's the tragedy, for sure. But now that it's done, for my part, I need to focus on the positive -- they did convict her of murder with extreme cruelty. I think her best shot at LWP was with this jury because of the time the defense spent dragging this thing out. Another jury will be, IMO, much less sympathetic when they hear why this one convicted her. They may leave for deliberations shaking their heads and saying, "Why the heck are we even here? It's obvious what ought to be done." In my view, they may be much quicker to sentence her to death. All Einstein the legal expert has done is delay the inevitable and ensure that it will be that much more wrathful when it does arrive. There's just a wave of energy building, waiting to wash over her like a breaker at Waikiki. I smile at the thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faefawn