Verdict Watch 05/03/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, she is already "effed" in so many ways. I wouldn't even need to read the testimony back, any of it, if I was one of the jurors. Waste of time.

If I were a juror, I would ask for the read back just to stick it to the defense one Juan more time. :giggle:

I do have to admit, I was hoping to hear JM talk about the irises sent to Travis' grandmother. Perhaps he is saving that for the penalty phase.

KN says Jodi could have stolen the gun without staging the break in and no one would have known. She could have taken a bigger gun why not?

Answer--when Travis' friends point the finger at her, and the police come to Yreka, they will search the house and ask the grandparents about the guns in the house. The grandparents will say they own a .25 gun. The police will ask--"where is it?" The grandparents will shrug, "I don't know. it's missing." So what is your point, KN?

As for a bigger gun, we know why she didn't take a bigger gun. You think she could sneak a rifle or shotgun passed Travis?

Jodi could have borrowed a gun from MM? Well, let's just say MM ain't got time for a gun to be traced back to him. I'm sure he probably said that--if she'd even trusted him enough to ask him for a gun for a murder.

He claims her brother and his wife are witnesses in Redding. True. But were they witnesses in this trial? Duh, Nurmi! Did we hear from ANYONE in Jodi's family? No, Nurmi and you know why.

Right on about the gun. Staging the burglary gave her an "alibi" for the missing 25 auto. The phantom burglar stole it.

At this time I continue to think of Drew Peterson. Remember him the xpoliceman that thought he could get away with another murder. I was very nervous till the jury came back with a guilty verdict.

So many things had gone wrong in the investigation...but the yuk is in the pen...so glad that happened.

There are great juries out there...we have to trust and pray.

Looking back on JA's testimony and today's closing argument, I believe it is possible Nurmi didn't really know what JA would say and after she left the witness stand he had no choice but to shift to the crime of passion. I also believe the self-defense came from JA herself and she insisted on testifying. He wanted off the case early on. He also would know he wouldn't be able to sell self-defense to anyone.

MOO

MOO

Good evening Panthera!

I know why some feel that we should cut this DT some slack because they had a no-win case, and a defendant that was difficult (at best). But I can't excuse them for how personal it became for them. These are, supposedly, professionals. And the way they conducted themselves in court was pretty appalling.

What did they hope to accomplish with their snark, and endless smirks and eyerolls whenever things weren't going their way? I was amazed by the obvious indignation every time JW flew out of her chair to object, and how she argued with the judge and demanded an approach even after her objection was overruled. When Juan would object he did it in a calm and professional manner.

I don't think their behavior scored them any points with the jury. I believe this jury will make their decision based on the evidence, but it lessens their credibility when they can't present their case without acting like a couple of juveniles. It was pitiful, really, to watch. Both attorneys made fools of themselves by acting that way IMO.

Hollie and Jacob Mefford (?) are so refreshing, they came across as real to me. Them seemed to feel genuine outrage over what JA did to Travis both in the past and now.

Does anyone know what CH and SH said tonight on Dr. Drew?

The first part of CH was him stating how pissed about the Pedo talk and the changing story as to whether it was little boys or girls he was interested in.

The second part was a beautiful story about Travis when he befriended a homeless man and took him home for a shower and food, then gave him some of his own clothes to wear. It then took him to a restaurant and spoke to the manager and explained that he was homeless and the manager gave him a job.

Trial is over so I met some friends for dinner. I casually said "I just got finished watching the trial" and they looked at me like I had 5 heads and said 'what trial?' Now I realize I spend way too much time with my friends on WS, lol. The real world is quite clueless to this.

Re: Dr Drew and Chris Hughes

One of the things Chris did is tell a personal story about Travis Alexander to offset all the evil lies told about him during the trial:

Paraphrasing:

Travis saw a homeless man on the street - invited him to his home so he could take a hot shower, gave him clothes out of his own wardrobe, took him to a restaurant and got him a job there.

Right on about the gun. Staging the burglary gave her an "alibi" for the missing 25 auto. The phantom burglar stole it.
ITA
Jodi has obviously watched just enough CSI to think she was being slick. There was a lot of planning including the stage robbery.

The family want the death penalty. BritsKate hopes for it for the family. Arizona provides for it. So, not barbaric, primitive or savage, right? So what is scary about that?

Thinking the victims/families should be able to decide justice, that what I mean. Societies quickly devolve into vengeance. That's exactly why we pick 12 peers (meaning community). That's what gives it legitimacy, not vengeance.

I want the DP, I hope for the family it is the DP, I just don't think any family should decide, that's all.

It was kind of ignorant for him to suggest she take it and no one would know. The first person pointed to when Travis was found dead was Jodi. So it's A, B, C easy for the police to come up with she took the gun had it just come up missing. But an immediate police report a week prior to the murder, I guess she thought would throw doubt onto her taking it.

They keep saying Jodi's smart. She's not. For KN to have this line of argument, he's boxing himself into Jodi using Travis' phantom gun. So now the jury has to believe not only was there a real burglary at her GP house, but Travis also happened to have to exact type of gun on his shelf that she was able to get onto without disturbing the items on the shelf, the bags around the shelf or tipping the shelf over.

Now that's some BS. Why can't they be allowed to just sit there quietly and keep up with the discussion as they do in the jury box?

I'm not sure... maybe they'd distract those deliberating? Can't help but input ideas, thoughts, views, on those officially deliberating? Anyway, they can't be in the same room and participate in any way unless they replace a deliberating juror.

Woohooo I successfulky tweeted! I responded to Jodi's tweet about a day of prayer. "I will be join ing tbe Alexander family for a day of fasting prayer on Sunday. I suggest you start praying for forgiveness"
I have had the account for a couple of year so I could read things, but never really tweeted before
That is awesome. You made your point, and maintained your dignity and class at the same time.

Trial is over so I met some friends for dinner. I casually said "I just got finished watching the trial" and they looked at me like I had 5 heads and said 'what trial?' Now I realize I spend way too much time with my friends on WS, lol. The real world is quite clueless to this.

...Are you implying that we (at WS's) are not part of the "real" world? :drumroll:

...I do know what you mean. In fact, I'm not as daring as you. I really don't talk about it much. :blushing:

Why is Nurmi saying Jodi made transfers between her bank accounts? I thought those were cash deposits?

I'm not sure... maybe they'd distract those deliberating? Can't help but input ideas, thoughts, views, on those officially deliberating? Anyway, they can't be in the same room and participate in any way unless they replace a deliberating juror.

Yeah. I guess, they could be on the sidelines rolling their eyes, scribbling furtively and mouthing "bullchite"...Ya know...

ITA
Jodi has obviously watched just enough CSI to think she was being slick. There was a lot of planning including the stage robbery.

Haha that just made me think of those mafioso ninjas she was so scared were going to hurt her family b/c she had watched the Sopranos.

:lol:
:rolleyes:

This is the first trial I have watched since the CA trial. That verdict just tore me up. I have a, totally different attitude toward this one. While, I think she deserves the D, or at the minimum LWOP, I know that anything can happen.

About the sex recordings. I am personally glad they were introduced. It shows two consenting adults. She was ridiculously happy to be doing it. She was more excited and animated than he was!

I am wondering why MM wasn't a witness. JM made it sound like he was going to be with all the little side threats. I am disappointed that we didn't hear from him. Maybe he will show up on one of these shows along with the booted jurors.

Praying for the Alexander family, today and everyday.:blowkiss::blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member