Verdict Watch 05/03/2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, but remember with age comes wisdom. And all "older people" were once younger people and have been around the block a time (or two). Even though none of us can imagine our parents ever having "done it," of course we were wrong! Older folks know a thing or two about a thing or two...;)

(And it's not like this is taking place in a rural Bible Belt county in the southeast!)

I live in a rural Bible Belt county in the southeast and I know a thing or two myself. Nothing that came up in this trial came as any real shock.

Trust me. JA wouldn't be getting away with anything here. :twocents:

About Jodi's tweets.

Her tweet about praying? LOL, there ain't enough prayer in the world to keep her from getting what she deserves. You have to repent to be forgiven and she has done the opposite of repent. She has reveled in her sins and continued to lie.

Her tweet about not getting her commissary order? Oh LOL. Ironic that Travis family is doing a day of prayer and fasting and now Jodi didn't get her snacks for the weekend. God has a funny sense of humor sometimes! And for her to mention Santa Claus? LOL, Santa doesn't deliver to naught little nasty murderers, she might as well get used to that.

Her tweets will soon come to an end. Donovan is just in it for the publicity and it will soon fade away.

OMG I totally did not associate the commissary comment with the Alexander's fasting and day of prayer. Yikes, she is so evil. If she is let out, she will terrorize the Alexander Family non stop. That just cannot happen.

Just wondering why JA wasn't charged with the heinous nature of the murder. It seems like Travis was murdered very cruelty and experienced much suffering at the hands of JA. Could this have been part of the 1st degree murder instructions? Isn't extreme cruelty also used when making charges in murder?

I'd say she is. The prosecution had to prove the murder was cruel to make this a death penalty case. The cruelty of the murder will be highlighted during the sentencing phase of the case, after JA is found guilty of murder in the first degree.

But to answer the rest of your questions
a) Cruelty wasn't in the jury instructions. It's about finding her guilty of either premeditated murder or felony murder
b) Cruelty is used when deciding to make a murder in the first degree, a death penalty case or not.

The prosecution will have to prove this murder was cruel to the jury during the sentencing phase, where they will decide on giving Jodi, LWOP or the Death Penalty.

About Jodi's tweets.

Her tweet about praying? LOL, there ain't enough prayer in the world to keep her from getting what she deserves. You have to repent to be forgiven and she has done the opposite of repent. She has reveled in her sins and continued to lie.

Her tweet about not getting her commissary order? Oh LOL. Ironic that Travis family is doing a day of prayer and fasting and now Jodi didn't get her snacks for the weekend. God has a funny sense of humor sometimes! And for her to mention Santa Claus? LOL, Santa doesn't deliver to naught little nasty murderers, she might as well get used to that.

Her tweets will soon come to an end. Donovan is just in it for the publicity and it will soon fade away.

I made a Jodi pin cushion. I'm praying she can sense me taking all of the pins from my quilt tomorrow at 6pm. :jail:

There are so many things that have frustrated me during the trial. But the most is the fact nobody will ever really know what happened on June 4th. We can assume or speculate but JA will take it to the gurney with her.

Sometimes I think she is purposefully hiding more information (then would actually hurt her) 'cause she thinks when she gets out she's gonna write a book and make a lot of money.

Yes and Travis was demanding "this person's information" in his last text exchange on May 26th. I think Anagrammy may really be on to something here. There was some scam going on between JA and GS regarding Travis, CH and PPL?

MOO

Yes I agree totally that there was something else going on. Depends on whether anyone starts spilling the beans once she is safely locked away.

Penetrating someone who is asleep is rape BECAUSE it is non-consensual. If some couples are ok with that then it's because the consent is implied as both parties are ok with it and KNOW that both parties are ok with it. And whether it's anal or vaginal or oral it's all penetration and it's all rape. No wonder some many men think this is perfectly acceptable behavior when even women think it's no big deal.
:banghead:

I disagree. The bolded sentence above seems illogical because it contradicts your basic premise, which is if one party penetrates another in any orifice without definitive consent, it's "rape."

Following your premise, unless it is explicitly spelled out and discussed, it isn't consensual. The belief that the parties are ok with it because the consent is "implied" is presumptuous ... there is no verbal confirmation and "implied" consent is too nebulous.

"Implied" means different things to different people so if the word "rape" is used, the definition must always be consistent which is "penetration without consent."

When people begin qualifying "consent", everything goes to hell in a handbasket.

So to me, your statement makes the same presumption you claim some men are making.

Jodi picked and chose which sexcapades were "ok" and which were "abusive."

WOW...Just saw on HLN weekend express about how the lady helped through WS media and other donations to help the family. Thank You WS people and others who helped donate to help the family.

ETA: Just made the tie that the "lady" was our own KatieCoolLady KCL. Thank you KCL and everyone else in WS who helped donate to the family.

We're all tired, tired of Jodi, tired of Nurmi, tired of the fog, tired of the pocket hose.

You know what else I'm tired of? I'm tired of panelists on HLN who face lifts and eye jobs make them look like an alien burglar wearing a pantyhose mask.

and I'm tired of aging has-beens hawking face lifts and reverse mortgages.and side-bars. I'm tired of side-bars- 'cause that's when the has-beens come on.

Clearly the woman is unwilling or unable to separate fact from fiction. This behaviour didn't just happen overnight. She has issues. She has had them for a long time. If her *whatever it is that she does* didn't harm her clients (DV victims) then it must have been luck or Divine Mercy because she is clearly incompetent. She herself needs help.

Boy, Rose, you hit the proverbial nailhead! ALV may not be a man-hater, but she's definitely angry with/at them. IDK what happened to her to cause this, but it's apparent!

Anyone who authors a study entitled “The Battered Husband Syndrome and Other Myths”, is indeed in deed of professional help.

She should not be allowed to work in the field of DV based on her prejudice.

Still in hospital patiently waiting for Monday. Seems like a lifetime away

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

I'd say she is. The prosecution had to prove the murder was cruel to make this a death penalty case. The cruelty of the murder will be highlighted during the sentencing phase of the case, after JA is found guilty of murder in the first degree.

But to answer the rest of your questions
a) Cruelty wasn't in the jury instructions. It's about finding her guilty of either premeditated murder or felony murder
b) Cruelty is used when deciding to make a murder in the first degree case, a death penalty case or not.

The prosecution will have to prove this murder was cruel to the jury during the sentencing phase, where they will decide on giving Jodi, LWOP or the Death Penalty.

Let me see how much my Criminal Justice classes stayed with me. They will be determining Aggravating and Mitigating factors, correct?

Great post. Something huge is missing, and I think you're right that it's because it was deemed too prejudicial. And they didn't allow financial data in...

I don't think we can ever find out what it was. Even if the defendant ends up talking someday, we know she lies. And she kept secrets, so who else would know?

I agree, the killer was a secret keeper, but only for specific reasons of benefit. I also tend to think that there are people who have a darn near complete picture of this killer. For example, imagine a conversation with JM, Detective Flores, and even Dr. DeMarte if they could and would agree to tell all they know. Of course there would be a few things unknown but imagine how mind blowing those conversations would be.

I bring up Dr. DeMarte because I believe JM asked her to figure things out and he placed no restrictions on what she had access to. After all, she slipped out the ring theft for example. Some of the things she said just made one really think and, at least left me, with an impression that there is much more going on than meets the eye. Unlike the apologist ALV and the test taking Dr, Samuels - DeMarte was ruthless in her assessment of the killer.

WOW...Just saw on HLN weekend express about how the lady helped through WS media and other donations to help the family. Thank You WS people and others who helped donate to help the family.

That is our Katiecoolady. Look at her KCL thread here on Web Sleuths to see the evolution of it all. It is really something. A shining example of how much good there is in the world.

Just wondering why JA wasn't charged with the heinous nature of the murder. It seems like Travis was murdered very cruelty and experienced much suffering at the hands of JA. Could this have been part of the 1st degree murder instructions? Isn't extreme cruelty also used when making charges in murder?

I believe that comes in during the sentencing phase. Lawyers?

I think JM could not have done a better job. He was fantastic, wonderful, and every other good adjective, BUT juries will forever freak me out since CA trial. I couldn't imagine anyone ever finding her not guilty of all counts. I'm so scared of that happening again, and it has nothing to do with the job JM did because I think he did everything he could. Apparently the Pinellas 12 just didn't get it. I'm traumatized forever.

I think in addition to addressing the forensics, it's a preemptive strike to get ready for the aggravation stage. A knife attack is excessively cruel and when you have a conscious victim who knows he's dying, that gives extra fuel to the jury to find in favor of death.

[snipped for relevance]

Re "a knife attack is excessively cruel" I have a question about JM's saying in close something about Travis bending over the sink coughing up blood and the blood spatter on the mirror indicating Jodi hit him hard in the back of his head as he stood there. If iirc, was that when the two deep cuts in the back of his head that chipped off bone occurred? I can't imagine jurors voting to ever release that hate-filled fiend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JediKaty