Verdict Watch 05/03/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no, are we losing Beth Karas? She just said we are all too hard on him and his closing was effective.
No, she is just being fair and this is the reason why I like Beth the most among all the commentators. The closing argument KN gave in terms of style, and delivery is the best presentation he has given during this trial. May be he has learned a few things from Juan during this past 4 months. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

However, the strategy of changing from self defense, PTSD, DV to crime of passion only shows their desperation. It comes across as they now admit that JA, RS, AVL, Geffener and the defense lawyers all lied to the jury.

Just to be clear, I don’t like KN at all, all his sex talks were so filthy and degrading to Travis and Jodi. The only difference is that Jodi did not seems to mind and want to participate in the sex talks. I think KN is a closet sexual pervert and chose a line of profession that could satisfy his desire. I am repulse by this type of individual.

I apologize in advance as I can't find the original poster for this link within the forum but this article by Dr. Kristina Randle wherein she references the initial police report by Det. Flores is sooooo enlightening. The interview with Mimi Hall is especially enlightening as she describes what I'm pretty sure is the reason that TA went off on JA in those text messages we heard described as "character assassination" by the DT.

Interview With Marie (Mimi) Hall (One of Travis’s Ex’s, Woman He Was Taking To Cancun)
… I asked about Travis’s former girlfriend, Jodi Arias… She heard that she was kind of obsessive and that she had manipulated Travis’ Facebook account. She also mentioned hearing that Jodi would get into the house through the doggie door without being invited. She described Jodi as a “stalker ex-girlfriend.” Marie said she was actually kind of worried about her, because she was obsessive. She also heard that Jodi had stolen some of his personal journals and they [she] had recently taken some pages of his new book he was writing…Travis [last week] called Jodi, because he caught her hacking into one of his email or Facebook accounts and confronted her about it."

Very interesting read.
http://kristinarandle.com/blog/what-people-said-about-jodi-after-the-killing/

Again, my apologies to the person who originally posted the link as I would like to give credit.

Good Saturday morn, all. Typical weekend chores like pruning the roses or cleaning the kitchen floor with some rock tunes on or maybe enjoying the 2nd cuppa? Well, none of those for Jodi. I hope she has endless monotony this weekend as a preview for life after the trial. Hopefully she will have to work really hard to enjoy the least bit of human contact.

She seems to crave the attention so any verdict that keeps her isolated is good. Really hopeful she wont be able to play Prison Idol this year.

I never ever ever want to hear another word said about JA's sexlife. Ever.

I'll go one further, since I think Arias taped Travis with blackmail in mind...you know, secondary gain. I think somewhere along the line, in pillow talk where she wasn't on record ...oh no, the snoopy, stalkerish blackmailer...said, she had fantasies of being tied up and raped, she liked it like that. "Talk to me dirty, Travis. Make my fantasies, yours. Its so debasing, I like it." ..as she was preparing to record his calls for Mimi or whoever else caught his eye. Power and control.

It is only Jodi's word Travis had sex when she was sleeping. Jodi's word....one tends to find the truth in opposite of what Jodi says. Perhaps Jodi straddled Travis at one time when what happens to all men when he was sleeping. Rape?

I believe the law is addressing people who are sleeping and someone comes in and forces sex on them when they are not in a position to say no. When you are sleeping with a partner that you knowingly got into bed with and they wake you up by initiating sex you can still say no. If you slept through the event, unless the other person told you, how would you know. I believe the difference in the law is that the person can't say no when they are not conscious. Plus the way she likes to "pretend" she is sleeping I would not put it past her to have not actually been asleep. It's clear they had a sexual relationship where not much was off-limits.

I really think if she had just changed her ways and played it straight he would have ended up with her. The proof of that is he let her stay for hours on June 4th when he should have sent her packing. He was truly drawn to her, just did not like her behavior. She had everything he wanted. He just could not get past her lies and her smothering behavior. That is a real turnoff for anyone.

I know a few posters were not keen on Juan's rebuttal C/A,But I have to say this.
He told the jury WHY their case and the law does not fit the lesser charges & I am so happy he did this.I think the jury needed Juan to do this,just so they can 1)hear the truth-b/c we know the DT is not going to tell them 2) to feel in their hearts & minds are right about bringing that guilty verdict in..The law in this case in self explanatory & they must follow it..

There ya go...

She made up ALL this crap to justify to her family, the court, the world that is not just a cold blooded murderer who couldn't get what she wanted from someone...and killed him.

she had 5 years to make up a story of self defense after the first 2 stories didn't work. she lied about travis abusing her, and being a pedophile, there are no other witnesses who can even remotely back up her claims the jury knows she does not tell the truth. i'm sure she is going down.

i'm sure the jury will find her defense of travis attacking her in the shower causing her ptsd to kick in, causing her to kill and go in a fog, absolutely ridiculous.
she is a sociopath and thinking only of herself. i don't believe anything she says, it's only self serving.
:twocents:

Just another example of her borderline personality disorder. Shows lack of maturity. The first psychologist for the prosecution stated that people with BPD take on the traits of those they surround themselves because they lack there own personality. Just think about the type of people she has been around over the last 5 years while she has been in jail. Pretty scary thought!! If possible, she is even more dangerous than before. Praying that the jury find M1 and she get LWOP. (I am not an advocate of the death penalty.)

I am not an advocate of the death penalty either, but the thought of her living with any kind of freedom makes me sick. If she is given LWOP she will get to have privileges not afforded to death row inmates. I wish there was a sentence that would give her the living situation that she would have on death row. But since there isn't I hope she gets the death penalty.

JA and her murderous ways have affected the lives of so many people, including us here peripherally. The Alexander Family has been on such a roller coaster ride with trial postponements, motions etc. Their lives have essentially been on hold waiting for judgement day. This is the hardest time, waiting for 12 people to decide the fate of the individual who has caused them so much pain. JA made good on her promise to trash Travis in every way possible if she could not plead to 2nd degree. She has been hell bent on inflicting as much pain as possible on more innocent people.

It is my sincere hope that this jury weighs all the evidence fairly and accurately. In doing so, there is no other verdict than 1st degree premeditated murder. JA will stalk and murder again. Simplistically put, she is one scary individual. She will cause pain and heartache for more people if she is given a verdict of anything less than the maximum penalty.

I hope the jury saw the looks on the faces of the Alexander Family. If there is any doubt in their minds, those tortured faces although stoic, speak volumes. Their lives have not been the same since June 4, 2008 and will never be the same again. The trial "let down" is going to be very hard. I remember when the "individuals" that murdered my 20 year old brother were found guilty of 1st degree murder. I remember thinking, "oh, Tommy can come home now." Except he could not. He was dead.

The "kindest" thing this jury could do would be to render a verdict that is just and fair without delay. The Alexander Family deserves the verdict they hope for and to resume their lives as they know it. They will never, ever be the same, and I doubt we will either, albeit peripherally. JMV

I know a few posters were not keen on Juan's rebuttal C/A,But I have to say this.
He told the jury WHY their case and the law does not fit the lesser charges & I am so happy he did this.I think the jury needed Juan to do this,just so they can 1)hear the truth-b/c we know the DT is not going to tell them 2) to feel in their hearts & minds are right about bringing that guilty verdict in..The law in this case in self explanatory & they must follow it..

My expectation for the 2nd half of JM's closing was that he would really have TA's face up there, JA's lies cued up and demonstrate the length of time the stabbing and shooting took thus how long JA had to change her mind and stop. Proving pre medidation. I do believe after KN's closing and confusion JM had to step by step break down KN's story and rerouted his closing to do so.

This is also why he had the notes. He is an experience prosecutor and I respect his opinion and the way he does his job.

But I did so want him to bring JA to a crying withering mess at the end. :blushing:

I am not an advocate of the death penalty either, but the thought of her living with any kind of freedom makes me sick. If she is given LWOP she will get to have privileges not afforded to death row inmates. I wish there was a sentence that would give her the living situation that she would have on death row. But since there isn't I hope she gets the death penalty.

Agree. Too bad there is not a death penalty without death to inflict on people like JA. I just know that I could never sit on a jury of a capital murder case.

Penetrating someone who is asleep is rape BECAUSE it is non-consensual. If some couples are ok with that then it's because the consent is implied as both parties are ok with it and KNOW that both parties are ok with it. And whether it's anal or vaginal or oral it's all penetration and it's all rape. No wonder some many men think this is perfectly acceptable behavior when even women think it's no big deal.
:banghead:

So if two people are in an ongoing relationship, in other words, they have been together for a period of time, including consensual sexual intimacy on a regular basis, they are asleep in the same bed and the male initiates a sexual act upon the female (or female upon the male...) while she (he) is sleeping, then, in your opinion, it's rape - period? Even if the female (or male) responds to the sexual advances in a positive and welcoming manner? In other words, she (he) enjoys it?

Certainly I could/would accept that it was rape if the female (or male) said no, wasn't welcoming or wanting to sexually engage and yet the person persisted- that, IMO would be rape.

And, just to clarify, this does not include ANY situation whereupon two people are not in a current consensual sexual relationship. JMO ~

My expectation for the 2nd half of JM's closing was that he would really have TA's face up there, JA's lies cued up and demonstrate the length of time the stabbing and shooting took thus how long JA had to change her mind and stop. Proving pre medidation. I do believe after KN's closing and confusion JM had to step by step break down KN's story and rerouted his closing to do so.

This is also why he had the notes. He is an experience prosecutor and I respect his opinion and the way he does his job.

But I did so want him to bring JA to a crying withering mess at the end. :blushing:

I know Tip,but this was a must for Juan.He had to show the jury the truth & tell the jury that all of their CIC was just arguments & lies with nothing to support any of it & the jury can not bring a lesser verdict based on that.I hope I am making sense..lol

I hope the jury saw the looks on the faces of the Alexander Family. If there is any doubt in their minds, those tortured faces although stoic, speak volumes. Their lives have not been the same since June 4, 2008 and will never be the same again. The trial "let down" is going to be very hard. I remember when the "individuals" that murdered my 20 year old brother were found guilty of 1st degree murder. I remember thinking, "oh, Tommy can come home now." Except he could not. He was dead.

The "kindest" thing this jury could do would be to render a verdict that is just and fair without delay. The Alexander Family deserves the verdict they hope for and to resume their lives as they know it. They will never, ever be the same, and I doubt we will either, albeit peripherally. JMV

I hope the jury also saw the look of evil on JA's face at times during the trial. Prayers for the Alexander Family and Friends.

Though I believe JM/state proved premeditated murder, I would like clarification/info on the following points:

1. When did TA go to his bishop about JA?

2. DarrylB’s sister's side of the story: did JA call her to set-up a visit? why didn’t the visit happen?
6/3/08; ~7a Pacific Grove CA JA told DarrylB she was going to visit his sister in Pasadena CA.
3. The “remote”, did it have anything to do with stolen DVD player from JA’s Gma/Gpa’s house?
6/3/08; ~10a Pacific Grove CA JA returned back to DarrylB's house; according to DarrylB, JA gave DarrylB "a remote control"; JA said she does not remember
4. Receipt or beautician's account of JA’s visit to “nail” salon:
6/3/08 Salinas CA JA said she had manicure. (?Hair dyed brown? ?Brazilian wax ?~2.5 - ~4 hrs depending on svcs)
5. What did TA say/discuss on last call to/with ChrisH?
6/4/08; 12:13p Mesa AZ TA called ChrisH; last outgoing [?call made?] or incoming call [?anwsered?] on cell phone, located in office.
6. When did JA go to her bishop about TA?
?? ?Yreka CA? JA testified she went to her bishop, AFTER SHE MURDERED TA, and admitted "sexual sin" with TA but lied by omission about having murdered TA.
7. Were the Hughes next on her list?
?? JA purchased 9mm gun; found 1 month after arrest, hidden in escape rental vehicle

Just another example of her borderline personality disorder. Shows lack of maturity. The first psychologist for the prosecution stated that people with BPD take on the traits of those they surround themselves because they lack there own personality. Just think about the type of people she has been around over the last 5 years while she has been in jail. Pretty scary thought!! If possible, she is even more dangerous than before. Praying that the jury find M1 and she get LWOP. (I am not an advocate of the death penalty.)

I'm confused, are BPD that evil? I think Travis had it right, Jodi is a sociopath (with BPD traits). Or as the forensics docs on DD say, the whole shebang of disorders.
Good gawd, when I read that tweet--I never thought about the Alexander's prayer and fast. I don't think evil. I thought the witch was trolling for deposits for her commissary account. She's probably trying to kill 2 birds with one stone. She so deserves the death penalty.

I have always thought Jodi would kill again, I think she has serial killer written all over her. I think she enjoyed killing Travis, enjoys reliving it. She used that word "trophy", she is just too bizarre and creepy. I live in the state where BTK resided, she reminds me of him wanting the attention in the media...although he wasn't the female vixen.

As for her other tweet about Juan, she's trying to get her little followers to dig up dirt on Juan (for free) on past cases. Good luck with that, Jodi. Not going to happen. I hope everything she tweets can be used against her if she gets Murder 1, Premeditated.

Agree. He had to rebutt point by point from Nurm's way long close. It would have sounded a bit choppy no matter what because of that, but I think it seemed more so because of the incredible, seamless, powerful, masterful narrative he spun during his close.

Expectations. Nurmi sounded better than he was because he has been so dreadful for 4 months. JM did so great on close we thought rebuttal would be even better. But......there is no way to better the best. Praise in the highest to the master of close, JM.

So if two people are in an ongoing relationship, in other words, they have been together for a period of time, including consensual sexual intimacy on a regular basis, they are asleep in the same bed and the male initiates a sexual act upon the female (or female upon the male...) while she (he) is sleeping, then, in your opinion, it's rape - period? Even if the female (or male) responds to the sexual advances in a positive and welcoming manner? In other words, she (he) enjoys it?

Certainly I could/would accept that it was rape if the female (or male) said no, wasn't welcoming or wanting to sexually engage and yet the person persisted- that, IMO would be rape.

And, just to clarify, this does not include ANY situation whereupon two people are not in a current consensual sexual relationship. JMO ~

If someone begins to initiate sex with a sleeping albeit long time partner - personally speaking, I think it's rude. Very rude. Now, if the partner is awakened with light kisses and gentle caresses and then sex is initiated with a consensual partner - different story. Unless there was some kind of prior acknowledgement by the partners that being awoken with sexual intercourse is something that is welcomed and enjoyed, I think the appropriate response is, hey, wait a minute - at least let me drink some coffee first!

My husband loves it when I rape him and encourages it. LOL!

Agree. He had to rebutt point by point from Nurm's way long close. It would have sounded a bit choppy no matter what because of that, but I think it seemed more so because of the incredible, seamless, powerful, masterful narrative he spun during his close.

Expectations. Nurmi sounded better than he was because he has been so dreadful for 4 months. JM did so great on close we thought rebuttal would be even better. But......there is no way to better the best. Praise in the highest to the master of close, JM.

KN sounded better only bc Juan did not know what their final arguement was going to be-you never know whats going to come out of his mouth-well... beside the words sex,lies & dirty little secrets..
Juan had months to prepare for his C/A,but only hrs to prepare his rebuttal.Thats why it sounded so choppy..but he did great for just a few hrs of prep time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member