Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help but to try to understand how she thought that she could slaughter Travis and get away with it. She really thought she was that smart, huh? It didn't even cross her mind how many people would be hurt behind her actions. I guess, in her mind, writing a letter and sending flowers would just patch everything up. What a psycho. Speaking of letters: Is that 18 page letter that she sent to the family available to read?

I believe that anything admitted into evidence the jury has to review. Is there a list anywhere that shows what was admitted?

As someone who endured DV for almost 20 years I will tell you straight out. Yes, I would have stabbed him if possible and I would have shot him, if possible. I will also tell you that once I did, in that moment that he was down, I would have ran and ran as fast as possible to get out of the house. I would have screamed and cried and screamed somemore, till someone anyone came to help. I would have screamed for help, yes for me! I would think he was still after me, yes I would. I would have ran out of there as fast as possible, been there and I know. I have never been able to overcome but that was what I was always thinking. Get out of there! Call the cops! Get help.

So, all of JA crap is all crap to me. Been there, can't go back.

Thank you for sharing, Mare. I am so sorry for all the years of pain you endured (and still can't wipe away). Soft hug and admiration ((((Mare))))

I like how Juan explained that outside of where Travis was killed there was no blood. Nothing in the bedroom, closet, stairs, laundry room, bleach bottle. Yet Bell Arias was in a deep San Francisco fog. However, miraculously at some point in the desert she came around a bit and noticed that her hands had blood on them.

I wonder as each jury member ponders over the weekend, how many lies will come to mind, told by Bell Arias , under oath on the stand ?

Excellent post and TY for reminding me of that! I have fallen back into the trap time and time again, trying to figure out what really happened with some of her 'facts' stuck in my head. I realize we can't believe anything she said, and can only rely on the hard copies, receipts, evidence that is unalterable.
I can't believe I keep going back to parts of her story, without thinking, and let them sit as the basic framework for what happened. It's all a lie. Getting her and her version of things out of my head could take a while :) But that is EXACTLY what the jurors need to realize. How could her hands have been bloody? BOOM!

Good post.

And hey, I've been a Secretariat devotee since the year he won the triple crown. I'll never forget us all being huddled in the doctor's lounge, watching him win the Belmont the way he did. I've watched it since on YouTube and it still gives me chills!

I am so thrilled that there are a lot of horse devotees here. I have a Secretariat great grand baby that I just bred. I too get chills when I watch the video of him winning the Belmont. Today was a good day to just watch the Derby.

I can't help but to try to understand how she thought that she could slaughter Travis and get away with it. She really thought she was that smart, huh? It didn't even cross her mind how many people would be hurt behind her actions. I guess, in her mind, writing a letter and sending flowers would just patch everything up. What a psycho. Speaking of letters: Is that 18 page letter that she sent to the family available to read?

Plus she was the first and only suspect...her name came up in the 911 call!

I have never seen the letter...can you imagine? Probably something like

Dear Family,

As Travis's "official" girlfriend of five months, I'd like to share some things...

My Mom taught me not to hate. I can't help but hate but there is only one in my hate column, it's not JA.

I do dislike her with every vibe of my being. I do wish she knows she got everything she deserves when she is being put to death. But I don't hate her.

Long ago I heard a wise saying " you should only hate that which is evil". So I have no problem hating Jodi. She is evil personified!

She also turned and looked right at the jurors when she said that. Then Nurmi tries to act like she never said she returned it to the same one. That was basically along the same lines as Jodi saying that no one ever asked her if TA had the knife, during cross when asked about how she got the knife so quickly.

BBM

That was an AMAZING moment as we got a glimpse into her pathological lying sequence. In that one brief moment she tried to fashion a new lie, putting the knife in her victim's hands. But it was so awkward, so transparent, that even the killer knew it was seen as a blatant lie.

48 hours is on. Another woman stalking her ex She also has GAS CANS.

Excellent post and TY for reminding me of that! I have fallen back into the trap time and time again, trying to figure out what really happened with some of her 'facts' stuck in my head. I realize we can't believe anything she said, and can only rely on the hard copies, receipts, evidence that is unalterable.
I can't believe I keep going back to parts of her story, without thinking, and let them sit as the basic framework for what happened. It's all a lie. Getting her and her version of things out of my head could take a while :) But that is EXACTLY what the jurors need to realize. How could her hands have been bloody? BOOM!

Her finger was bleeding. And that's when she said she knew she'd killed him.

Which is an odd thing to think, based on a cut finger. With the fog and all.

:facepalm:

Another top bizarre DT moment: when, after juror Q's to ALV, JW lost it, cackling and dropping papers everywhere and JSS had to call a 10 minute recess for her to compose herself.

One of the many DT blunders and one of my favourites is when JW asks ALV if JA was a victim of domestic violence and ALV said yes she was and they are both tripping over their words, and could barely get it straight... it really was a priceless moment. I had forgotten about it until they showed it on the Anderson Cooper special last night.

Oh, this is a good topic for compiling a list: most bizarre DT moments

My number 1? The chihuahua eyeball!

My #1?

JW: “When Mr Alexander made comments about being afraid of Ms. Arias, right, wouldn’t you want to understand in, uh, put those words in context?”

Dr. DeMarte: “In … would I look at it in context? Yes, I would look at it in context --”

JW, INTERRUPTING: “Right, and you would want to look at then behaviors and investigate maybe uh whether or not this there’s any true meaning behind these words right?”

Dr. DeMarte (patiently): “I couldn’t do that because he's not alive.”

JW (SNOTTY, lol): “So when somebody’s not alive you can’t get any information from them … is that what you mean.”

Dr. DeMarte (now incredulous): “From them directly? That’s correct because they’re not alive.”

And JW did it TWICE. ::trainwreck:

lol

I claimed victory for Travis on this day, that Juan Martinez had Jodi on the ropes on the stand. The jury has been with him ,from jump!

http://youtu.be/nFxy1CwS2Ig

Oh yes, Alex-fan, I remember that set of exchanges. JA was acting like it was just a little jousting contest -- you could see the gleam in her eyes and she was smiling, thinking she was winning this little game. No contrest -- she wasn't even breathing hard. She thought she was so smart, one-upping him every time she answered. And then he'd just shift to another subject....

All this was so trivial to her -- just cute repartee, and she won every round. She was either too thick or too sick to see what she was doing to herself. All this was just building, building, building a house of metal bars :jail: around her. You could see her almost keeping score: Jodi 7, Martinez 0. Jodi 23, Martinez 0, and so on.

She prolly had never met a man whom she could not conquer one way or another. Well, she had never met our Juan before, and he led her down the path of her own destruction. What a pity...

She certainly wasn't smiling like that when we last saw her in the courtroom when the judge finished reading the jury instructions on voting for First Degree Murder. Her face was pale, she was frowning, and she was finally realizing that this was for all the marbles.

Oh, how I smiled and talked to her through this PC screen. How ya like them apples, Mz. Arias??
icon10.gif

Hi Pferrin,

I promise not to keep you up so late tonight. Thank You for your shoulders to lean on. tonight and tomorrow it's ambien for me.

(:)seeya:))

It is only about 38 hours till Showtime.

Tweets
Be careful folks! I just read on the State vs Jodi Arias fb that they
(trolls)are having people's twitter accts suspended if you send a message.
They (trolls) are reporting that people are posting nude pictures etc...
even though they are not...

Only a tiny tiny hint I'm sure of what TA had to endure, with that piece.

I woke up early this morning and went and at on the porch with my dog and a cup of tea and just thought. I thought about the trial and the closings arguments and attempted to figure out why I am so sure that JA is guilty of first degree murder...

To me, it's the stabbing and the slit throat...I think that I could shoot someone if I felt threatened enough...but it would have to be a terrifying physical threat...I could even stab someone under the same circumstances. But only once, and I'd run like hell away as soon as I could and call 911 immediately.

I can't imagine hating someone so much that I could repeatedly stab them in the back, stab the back of their head, and cut their throat. It's incomprehensible.

And i don't believe that this thing, this JA, has forgotten one second of the murder. She revels in her memories.

And that's why I'm glad the jurors didn't really start deliberating yesterday and will start fresh on Monday. I hope that each one of them has some quiet time this weekend to do their own reflecting and get their thoughts in order...

When my twin boys were 9, one of them was diagnosed with Juvenile Diabetes. Before we could take him home from the hospital (he had been in a coma) our whole family had to learn to give him an insulin shot. This included his siblings. We had to practice by injecting an orange.

My husband and the other 3 kids did just fine. I couldn't do it. (I know…rotten mother.) I tried and I tried but just couldn't bring myself to stick that damn orange.

The moral is…Dani won't be stabbing anyone, ever! Now, if someone hurts my family or pets I think I could run over them with my car.:fence:

Her finger was bleeding. And that's when she said she knew she'd killed him.

Which is an odd thing to think, based on a cut finger. With the fog and all.

:facepalm:

You're right!
And...
You're right! :)

I like how Juan explained that outside of where Travis was killed there was no blood. Nothing in the bedroom, closet, stairs, laundry room, bleach bottle. Yet Bell Arias was in a deep San Francisco fog. However, miraculously at some point in the desert she came around a bit and noticed that her hands had blood on them.

I wonder as each jury member ponders over the weekend, how many lies will come to mind, told by Bell Arias , under oath on the stand ?

Not to mention Dr Samuels repeatedly stating that she came out of the fog in the car in the desert "covered in blood". Now where did he get that idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bshie