Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ex-Mormon (sometimes I think I should just put that in my sig).
I thought about that idea too, and may have put it in words on here or the JM support page on FB. But there's a few problems:

"Blood Atonement" is no longer practiced by the mainstream LDS. Maybe Warren Jeff or the LDS Plyg groups might still (not that they'd admit it).

The offending party (and his family) would be contacted by a member of the Bishopric and his companion (whoever he chose) to notify the individual of the "punishment" after it was deemed through a church court the individual had in fact violated a tenant of the church that required "the spilling of one's blood".

Often, the offending party would be required to dig his/her own grave. He (or she) would then dress in their Sunday best, an official statement would be read, the individual would confess their sin, and then be disemboweled (stem to stern), watch their entrails fall into the grave, and cut from ear to ear (the actual "atoning") usually in a place where they would fall INTO the grave.

John D. Lee, the only member of the Mountain Meadow's Massacre to be convicted, would probably be one of the only infamous Mormons NOT to be allowed the "Blood Atonement" because of his crimes, as directed by Brigham Young. But.....Lee was the patsy for that whole deal. There's many LDS members who are descendants of the, ahem, "Mormon Militia" that murdered 100-140 of the wagon train. (including my mom's 2nd husband who is a grandson of one of the "Militia")

Then you have the purported "Mormon Mafia"......rightttttt. In and out, no fuss, no muss, and don't leave a signature...and have your "patsy" kill themselves, ie, make it look like a homicide/suicide. My "jury" is still "out" on that particular rumor, "group", whatever, because I have seen a few "weird" deaths that make the mind wander. Nuf said on that.

So with that, I think it's truly a lonnnnngggggg shot. I think JA had something else planned and was rushed for time, or just had to get TA to be quiet.

:twocents:

Thanks for that info -- very interesting, albeit gory.

Mormons say that they do not make this "vow" anymore -- maybe not, but they all know about it. Jodi would have known about it; and whether she believed it or not, she knew that it would be horrifically ominous to Travis's family, friends (male & female) and Mormon associates.

Attn camcneishg

Congrats camc! :woohoo:

He is adorable!

Can you please resize his pic? We had to remove it because it was being quoted all over and the margins were blown badly.

Maybe repost in the Sidebar so it won't get buried and lost in the daily threads!

CONGRATS!!!! YAY!!!

Crap, I blew the margins. I don't know how to fix it. I thought I was just posting the link.

Two guesses- people who haven't followed the case closely, or Jodi supporters.

Exactly! How can you follow this case and not see what has been brought out. By juan to prove 100 % premeditation. Ignore the negative justice for travis will prevail regardless those trying to make us upset.

Just popped in for a quick check-in before bed and I changed my profile pic to the Justice for Travis ribbon. Great idea!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

My responses are in red.Murder 2 isn't on the table, she tried to plead guilty to that and the prosecutor denied it because it is premeditated Murder 1, nothing less.

BBM

Are you certain of this LK? I could have sworn JSS bent over for the DT and let them all in.

How in the world after everything we've seen, do people still believe this **** is only going to get second degree?! That could mean with time served, she could be out in 5 years on the low end in Arizona.

I've seen multiple posts here to that effect. Unreal. :help:

Read between the lines as far as supporters of you know who. Ignore it remain positive! Justice will prevail.

Congrats camc! :woohoo:

He is adorable!

Can you please resize his pic? We had to remove it because it was being quoted all over and the margins were blown badly.

Maybe repost in the Sidebar so it won't get buried and lost in the daily threads!

CONGRATS!!!! YAY!!!
oh, I do not know how to do that....how about just remove it then...I thought I just posted a link to tinypics.....did not think that I posted his pic....so sorry:blushing:

AAWww, just saw the pic of the baby! He's beautiful! ...congratulations! so adorable.

How in the world after everything we've seen, do people still believe this **** is only going to get second degree?! That could mean with time served, she could be out in 5 years on the low end in Arizona.

I've seen multiple posts here to that effect. Unreal. :help:

Scary that if that happens, that Jodi could be moving in someone's neighborhood, preying on new victims (someone's son or husband, maybe)....maybe she'll get herself some new knives and a 9mm gun. Hopefully, the Jurors can spot a liar and cold blooded murderer. http://cnninsession.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/redactedtravisautopsy.pdf

to the throat .....was it repeated for effect or did she did it over and over again. She looks unhappy and shakes her head afterwards as if she is disagreeing with something.
What a repulsive gesture to make when Travis died in that manner. :vomits:

The link says error?
I did however seen it today as I was watching Juan's final say. It was intentional slow and deliberate. Evil so evil and I pray the jury seen it.

two.....I may be wrong. The state of AZ is tough and I have no idea of the makeup of this jury. I do think that some of the evidence that was presented to fortify premeditation was too speculative and some of it was downright flimsy.
The most compelling things to me are the LICENSE PLATES and the stolen GUN from her grandparents home.
I also think that the defense point that she was there for 12 hours before the killing took place speaks volumes about her intent. (or rather makes the idea of her mission to kill seem less strong)
She is guilty.....it is just a question of to what degree the jury will decide. Maybe everyone on the jury is going to be solidly convinced of the case presented by the prosecution.....we shall see.

QUOTE=Angelina Frost;9370122]How in the world after everything we've seen, do people still believe this **** is only going to get second degree?! That could mean with time served, she could be out in 5 years on the low end in Arizona.

I've seen multiple posts here to that effect. Unreal. :help:[/QUOTE]

oh, I do not know how to do that....how about just remove it then...I thought I just posted a link to tinypics.....did not think that I posted his pic....so sorry:blushing:

I took care of that for you. :blowkiss:

Still, he is just precious!!!

He is going to be such a good boy! Look at this perfect timing already! :D

So happy for you! :hug:

THESE are the photos I wish would run whenever Jodi is featured on the news. NOT photos of Jodi and Travis together.

8707925715_98693a8366.jpg

8707925757_2525ebc765.jpg

8669853823_12ebb4795f.jpg

She creeps me out in a visceral way. Those pics show me what I don't always consciously see, and she does look like a demon from a horror movie in those shots. I can't imagine being in her presence, much less sitting close to her day after day. I really think you see today's JA in that one picture of her laying on TAs beds with her braids. That face looks like courtroom JA, which we can contrast to earlier pictures and her media appearances.

The link says error?
I did however seen it today as I was watching Juan's final say. It was intentional slow and deliberate. Evil so evil and I pray the jury seen it.

Hopefully that gesture is a premonition of her up-coming future. Karma is a B**ch.

two.....I may be wrong. The state of AZ is tough and I have no idea of the makeup of this jury. I do think that some of the evidence that was presented to fortify premeditation was too speculative and some of it was downright flimsy.
The most compelling things to me are the LICENSE PLATES and the stolen GUN from her grandparents home.
I also think that the defense point that she was there for 12 hours before the killing took place speaks volumes about her intent. (or rather makes the idea of her mission to kill seem less strong)
She is guilty.....it is just a question of to what degree the jury will decide. Maybe everyone on the jury is going to be solidly convinced of the case presented by the prosecution.....we shall see.

Premeditation only means thinking. The idea that she cut his throat, which is a direct KILLSHOT, equals premeditation. The change of weapons, replete with the decision to use one, then the other and to consider the location of them IS premeditation.

ETA: from Merriam-Webster- premeditation consideration or planning of an act beforehand that shows intent to commit that act; to think, consider, or deliberate beforehand

It does not say weeks, days, hours or even minutes of planning. It can take mere seconds.

I took care of that for you. :blowkiss:

Still, he is just precious!!!

He is going to be such a good boy! Look at this perfect timing already! :D

So happy for you! :hug:
Thank you....now on with the Murder 1 verdict.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member