Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what she was thinking as she did it....reliving it in her mind? On second thought, I would prefer NOT to think about what is on that mind.

The link says error?
I did however seen it today as I was watching Juan's final say. It was intentional slow and deliberate. Evil so evil and I pray the jury seen it.

BBM

Are you certain of this LK? I could have sworn JSS bent over for the DT and let them all in.

You're correct. Murder 2 + Manslaughter etc etc etc. BS! This case was overcharged ie: Death Penalty. I pray the jury sees through all the fog and Murder 1 is the verdict. With the makeup of 8 men and 4 women I am convinced the DP won't prevail so if LWOP is what we get, it's going to have to be enough for all of us. God Speed to that Jury!

two.....I may be wrong. The state of AZ is tough and I have no idea of the makeup of this jury. I do think that some of the evidence that was presented to fortify premeditation was too speculative and some of it was downright flimsy.
The most compelling things to me are the LICENSE PLATES and the stolen GUN from her grandparents home.
I also think that the defense point that she was there for 12 hours before the killing took place speaks volumes about her intent. (or rather makes the idea of her mission to kill seem less strong)
She is guilty.....it is just a question of to what degree the jury will decide. Maybe everyone on the jury is going to be solidly convinced of the case presented by the prosecution.....we shall see.
I hear ya but...
How do we REALLY know she was there for 12 hours?
She said he slept until 1:20-1:30pm.
The room mate said he saw him around 6:30am.
He also texted Chris Hughes at 12:13pm.

Why would she say he was sleeping when he was texting CH?:twocents:

The only proof we have is the *advertiser censored* photos about 1:42pm.

Thank-you, I am not going nuts, I saw that also. Then questioned my interpretation.

Me too I thought its my imagination but I see I'm not the only one noticed and hopefully the. Jury seen it.

She creeps me out in a visceral way. Those pics show me what I don't always consciously see, and she does look like a demon from a horror movie in those shots. I can't imagine being in her presence, much less sitting close to her day after day. I really think you see today's JA in that one picture of her laying on TAs beds with her braids. That face looks like courtroom JA, which we can contrast to earlier pictures and her media appearances.

I heard a story on HLN about Travis driving off in a car at a Mormon retreat to take a break from Jodi's 'attention' .. once she saw him in the car driving off she ran after it like a dog! Stories like that, matched with these pictures paint the real Jodi I'm thinking.

How good are the pics .. can we get a thread for whackiest court moments where we can post these and clips?

to the throat .....was it repeated for effect or did she did it over and over again. She looks unhappy and shakes her head afterwards as if she is disagreeing with something.
What a repulsive gesture to make when Travis died in that manner. :vomits:

It was a double take. Notice, precisely as JM said "..kill him.." She is one evil ba do de do.

I have only been following it more closely these past few months. I did watch all of her police interviews....I am aware of the lies, the narcissism, etc.
I certainly don't want to make anyone feel bad --I am just saying what my guess would be may transpire...not necessarily what I want to happen.

Jodi is guilty and must serve the time for the crime.

Exactly! How can you follow this case and not see what has been brought out. By juan to prove 100 % premeditation. Ignore the negative justice for travis will prevail regardless those trying to make us upset.

She creeps me out in a visceral way. Those pics show me what I don't always consciously see, and she does look like a demon from a horror movie in those shots. I can't imagine being in her presence, much less sitting close to her day after day. I really think you see today's JA in that one picture of her laying on TAs beds with her braids. That face looks like courtroom JA, which we can contrast to earlier pictures and her media appearances.

She makes me physically nauseous.

How in the world after everything we've seen, do people still believe this **** is only going to get second degree?! That could mean with time served, she could be out in 5 years on the low end in Arizona.

I've seen multiple posts here to that effect. Unreal. :help:

I don't think she will, but if there are a couple holdouts on the jury, it COULD be a compromise verdict. But if she does get 2nd degree, I would think the judge would,give her the maximum sentence allowed.

She stabbed him in the heart; stabbed him 29 other times; then shot him in the head...what more does the jury need?

Premeditation... they have that too!
Oh, and I bet she announced to TA that "I'm stabbing you in the heart, just like you did to me" she's evil enough...

I heard a story on HLN about Travis driving off in a car at a Mormon retreat to take a break from Jodi's 'attention' .. once she saw him in the car driving off she ran after it like a dog! Stories like that, matched with these pictures paint the real Jodi I'm thinking.

How good are the pics .. can we get a thread for whackiest court moments where we can post these and clips?

Sky Hughes said he could not even urinate without JA standing outside the bathroom door waiting on him.

to the throat .....was it repeated for effect or did she did it over and over again. She looks unhappy and shakes her head afterwards as if she is disagreeing with something.
What a repulsive gesture to make when Travis died in that manner. :vomits:

It sure looks like a slash to me. What a creepy evil creature she is. I hate her!:stormingmad: And Windy, she only did it once, and she only did it to Travis once too....

I'm sooooo glad I'm not a criminal!!! :blushing:

OMG. Me too. It was 78 degrees here today (abnormally hot for this time of year) and I could barely handle sweeping my little front porch. I'd spontaneously combust on the chain gang.

Originally Posted by scorpio24
I actually appreciated both equally. His cross exams
WERE brilliant, but I thought his closing was particularly
effective. I expected the same JM I had seen since JA
took the stand: a man on overdrive, angry & spitting fire.
I'm sure the jury did, too. Instead, he was almost
reverent. I found myself transfixed by his demeanor and
the pacing of his argument.
I thought the closing showed a great deal of restraint on
JM's part. I also thought it showed a great deal of
respect for Travis and his family as well as the jury. He
let them know that he believed them to be reasonable
people. He simply laid out the facts based on the
evidence and put his trust in them. It was a far cry from
Nurmi replaying the sex tape and saying he didn't even
like his client.
JM DID show emotion when the circumstances dictated.
For instance, when he described the chain of events by
showing the crime scene photographs, I wept. I thought
he was brilliant throughout the trial, but I thought his
subdued approach during closing was absolutely
magnificent. He rocks!
Yes, ITA Juan Martinez does in fact ROCK! I, too found his closing arguments to be presented with such reverence and respect for Travis..and especially the respect that Juan has for Travis' siblings who have been there with him not only just throughout these last 4 months of trial..but rather Travis' siblings have been there through this for 5 long years with Juan preparing and pushing this to go to trial so that he could get justice for this family that he knows is long past due..

What I noted in closing arguments was Juan's having made a very real effort to go out of his way to show this uber reverence and respect toward this victim, Travis..as in to try to "right the wrong" that this evil murderer has gone about inflicting throughout the course of this trial.. I felt as tho Juan somehow wanted to express and show this man the dignity and respect that this evil murderer literally and figuratively stripped him of in both life and death.. As tho, to somehow put a proper end to her very literal reign of terror..and IMO Juan did this withOUT going out in a big, flashy bang type of way, but rather to bring to a close this nightmare with a restoration of respect for this man who more than deserves it..I felt as tho it was a perfectly fitting closure of sorts..it just felt "right"...it felt "good"..it felt like there was very real meaning to it and it was not just memorized words from a prosecutor to a jury... I don't know that I'm adequately describing what exactly I mean, but I can only say that it moved me and that I truly felt as tho it was a signifying of Travis' name, Travis' memory being set straight and brought back from the dark, depths of hell that the evil murderer had taken and dragged his name and memory down into in an all out effort to truly continue to slaughter Travis over and over and over..even in death.. I believe this affected Juan..I mean honestly how could that NOT affect someone who has been witness to what this evil individual has done to this victim physically in slaughtering him??...and then going about continuing to slaughter his name, his memory, and his legacy??.. I believe that this long drawn out nightmare with Jodi Arias at the helm has sparked an anger in Juan in his being a man who stands for what is "right".. I believe that he has made it part of his goal in not only successfully prosecuting and convicting Jodi of having murdered Travis...but equally as important was Juan's goal to attempt to somehow "right the wrong" where Travis' name and memory are concerned..and I personally believe that his closing argument was every bit as much about restoring that respect to Travis' name and memory..as much as it was about summing up to the jury Jodi's guilt of the premeditated murder of Travis.

I even got the sense that Juan was attempting to somehow even negate the nastiness, the dirtiness, the seediness of Kirk Nurmi's continually droning on for months about their sexual relationship...Kirk Nurmi's gross way he spoke about every aspect involving sex..the slang, crass, disrespectful way in which Nurmi over dramatized every tiny issue that he could dredge up regarding these grown adults sexual relationship.. I felt as tho Juan, in his closing arguments went out of his way to speak about their sexual relationship with such respect and dignity..even saying to the jurors that they knew that this couple had a sexual relationship and that this sexual relationship was "NORMAL" and that they didn't need the prosecutor to continue on and on with over zealous, salacious, dirty details of these two grown adult Individuals who had an equally consensual sexual relationship.. I really felt like he wanted to somehow take the skankinees.. The dirtiness of this young man's PRIVATE, perfectly normal, respectable sexual relationship, that Jodi, Nurmi, and her defense team had twisted and turned, spewed and spat out of their mouths day in and day out for over 4months ..I felt as tho, Juan wanted to get back to the "real" of it all, away from the seedy, dime store, bad sex novel that Jodi and Nurmi had created and fed to this jury..

I REALLY FELT AS THO JUAN MADE AN EFFORT TO RESTORE THE RESPECT AND DIGNITY TO TRAVIS' AND TRAVIS' MEMORY DURING HIS CLOSING ARGUMENTS.. ..AND IMO HE WAS SUCCESSFUL IN DOING SO and I know for me, the perfect stranger, it is very much appreciated..so, I can only imagine what it meant to Travis' family to have Juan take the time and effort to show such reverence and respect for their brother, Travis..after having witnessed the relentless disrespect, lies, and blasphemy that Jodi and her defense have spewed these past 4 months...

Jmo, but I'd say what Juan has done means the world to Travis' siblings and they have great respect and appreciation for Mr. Martinez fighting so damn hard, and with such fierceness for their brother, Travis...a young man who Mr. Martinez will never even have the chance to meet/know in this life.:(

Sky Hughes said he could not even urinate without JA standing outside the bathroom door waiting on him.

She is EWWWWWWWWWWWWW disgusting. I would say something referring to her "assisting him" in using RR but I will get in trouble. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

You're correct. Murder 2 + Manslaughter etc etc etc. BS! This case was overcharged ie: Death Penalty. I pray the jury sees through all the fog and Murder 1 is the verdict. With the makeup of 8 men and 4 women I am convinced the DP won't prevail so if LWOP is what we get, it's going to have to be enough for all of us. God Speed to that Jury!

Overcharged? Oh no---huh uh. She earned the death penalty and she should get what she deserves. The death penalty is reserved just for vicious, evil people like what's-her-name. She killed him 3x and then killed his reputation in front of the world.

OK, almost went on here last night, could not sleep. Told myself to stay away from everything until Monday. I obviously do not listen...to even myself. Sure I end up seeing this and turned it on. WOW JA must of seen this and since she's smarter than anyone, perhaps why she rented a car. HA no video camera will spot my car going to TA house. Hope she remembers then ending, :jail: Thank-you so much good find.

She even mentioned to Det Flores something about, no I wasn't even near AZ, couldn't you read license plates by camera anyway? IIRC, anyone else remember that?

two.....I may be wrong. The state of AZ is tough and I have no idea of the makeup of this jury. I do think that some of the evidence that was presented to fortify premeditation was too speculative and some of it was downright flimsy.
The most compelling things to me are the LICENSE PLATES and the stolen GUN from her grandparents home.
I also think that the defense point that she was there for 12 hours before the killing took place speaks volumes about her intent. (or rather makes the idea of her mission to kill seem less strong)
She is guilty.....it is just a question of to what degree the jury will decide. Maybe everyone on the jury is going to be solidly convinced of the case presented by the prosecution.....we shall see.

QUOTE=Angelina Frost;9370122]How in the world after everything we've seen, do people still believe this **** is only going to get second degree?! That could mean with time served, she could be out in 5 years on the low end in Arizona.

I've seen multiple posts here to that effect. Unreal. :help:
[/QUOTE]

I don't see the amount of time she spent there before the killing as anything that points away from premeditation. As it has been said, the roommates may have been home, or it is possible that she left at some point and came back. I would also imagine that as cold blooded as she is she never had killed before (as far as anyone knows) and was trying to work up her nerve. She may have even been going back and forth with herself about it. You know, thinking that he is being nice and she had hopes of them being together and then those hopes were permanently dashed so she recommitted herself to her plan. I also think she wanted him to know what she was doing. She wasn't interested in just assassinating him, she wanted to make him suffer and to know that she was going to kill him. She wanted to see the fear in his eyes, maybe hear him beg for his life. She didn't drive all that way to just quietly do the deed and leave. She had an agenda and she had every intention of fulfilling it. I do think she thought it would be much cleaner and she could probably keep the mess confined to the bathroom, where it would be easy to clean up but Travis put up far more of a fight then she expected and it didn't go the way she had fantasized and was a lot messier then she thought it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hell Yeah