Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning everyone!

For months now, I have suspected that there is more to Jodi Arias than what we have seen in the courtroom - an evil that goes beyond the textbooks and our ability to define it.

This morning I came upon a very lengthy two-part theory written by a poster on another crime blog. It blew my mind away! I would like to share it with everyone on WS, but I don't know if I am allowed to post the link from another blog, since it is too long to copy and paste. Please advise.

Thanks!

Colt, I don't think it would be a problem as long as its nothing crazy. I would be interested in seeing it even if you don't post the link. Kindly PM it to me? TIA

I was thinking of throwing the kids in the car and taking a field trip up there on Monday and hanging around downtown. Unfortunately I work Sunday night. If there is no verdict on Monday then maybe Tuesday. There is a science museum up there downtown and dang it I will find something for the kids to do lol!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
OOOOh, I'd love to hear a first person account. Hope you can go!!

I rarely watch HLN. I only like Beth and Nancy Grace ( the old Nancy that is) I just watched a couple of youtube videos about her upbringing and life in general. She has always been a voice for the victims. Very inspiring. I wish she'd go back to having grit AND Grace!

Nancy Grace Fiery Prosecutor - YouTube

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Nancy's big ole hair!!!! Thanks, I needed that laughter. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I'll have to ask this on the legal thread as well, but someone here may know the answer.

The jury foreman is to memorialize of how many jurors voted for premeditation, how many for felony murder, and how many voted both (which I didn't know was possible).
I'm curious why it matters which way they got to M1. Do these numbers have anything to do with the mitigation phase?
Any ideas my intelligent sleuthers??

E[n]dmund(sic)/Tison Requirement

Best practices as documented by AZ Supreme Court and instructions thereto (excerpted) with relevant cites:

"Guilt phase: Premeditation Findings can Satisfy Enmund/Tison

Prosecutors often charge first degree murder in a single count that alleges both premeditation and felony murder. This practice is constitutional because a jury need not be unanimous on the theory of first degree murder as long as all agree that the murder was committed. Schad v. Arizona, 501 U.S. 624, 645 (1991); State v. Tucker, 205 Ariz. 157, 167 ¶ 51, 68 P.3d 110 (2003). However, the Arizona Supreme Court has long encouraged trial courts to inquire of the jury their numerical vote on each theory because it can resolve the Enmund/Tison issue. State v. Smith, 160 Ariz. 507, 513 (1989);State v. Garza, 216Ariz.56, 163 P.3d 1006, ¶46,n.11 (2007) ("this is the better practice").See also, State v. Hardy,230 Ariz. 281,283 P.3d 12, (2012) (although finding no error in trial court’s refusal to use separate verdict forms or instruct the jury to indicate their numerical vote, the Court once again stated that the best practice is to submit alternate verdict forms to the jury when the State presents alternate theories of first degree murder).

A unanimous finding that the defendant premeditated the murder necessarily means the defendant intended to kill, and that finding satisfies Enmund/Tison.State v. Anderson (Anderson II), 210 Ariz. 327, 345, 111 P.3d 369 (2005).

An excellent way to determine the numerical split of the jury is to add the following text to the guilty verdict form:

____ Number of jurors finding ONLY premeditated murder

____ Number of jurors finding ONLY felony murder

____ Number of jurors finding BOTH premeditated murder and felony murder

If the jury properly fills out this verdict form, then the total of these three numbers will always be 12. If “12” appears on the first or third lines then the jury necessarily found the defendant intended to kill and Enmund/Tison is satisfied. If a number other than 12 appears on the first and third lines then Enmund/Tison needs to be resolved in the aggravation phase."

Full Source: Arizona Capital Sentencing Guide

I know, I had some tears suddenly as I wrote about her....I have my little red-headed poodle Mimi now, who is 12 now. My avatar is from the first week she came home.

Your puggles sound adorable! Our Dogs love us no matter what. I'm glad Napoleon is well cared for with Deanna but I know he misses his dad!

Dang it, MarLap! Do you and Beach Girl have any idea how hard it is to read these threads with tears running down and a lump in the throat? Do you? "Yes or No"!!! :blowkiss:

Good morning (ahem...afternoon). Unproductive Saturday after Husband and I didn't get out of bed until after 10:30 thanks to our nervous drinking last night (JA is still ruining lives). I have been assured however, that God does in fact hear vodka prayers and that we are ONE day closer to justice for Travis!

Vodka prayers... Haha I love that!

I rarely watch HLN. I only like Beth and Nancy Grace ( the old Nancy that is) I just watched a couple of youtube videos about her upbringing and life in general. She has always been a voice for the victims. Very inspiring. I wish she'd go back to having grit AND Grace!

Nancy Grace Fiery Prosecutor - YouTube

I remember watching that and loving her on sight.

I still think she is all about the victim and she still lives and breathes these cases. She can't compartmentalize and it's making her bitter and shrewish. It's sad because she could still be Amazin' Grace.

So Nurmi does have another speed other than slomo? What was the point of drawing out every syllable during his direct examination of JA? What better way to turn off a jury, IMO. Did someone tap him on the shoulder and say...hey, speed it up bub or your goose is cooked? Wow! I wish that had happened sooner. Those are daaaays I'll never get back. lol

After Juan waxed eloquent for (5? 6?) hours, Nurmi couldn't just get up there and say "he called her a 3-hole wonder" and sit down. But he didn't have anything to work with...

So he drawled on and on to kill time, I suppose....to make it look like there was some defense argument to be spoken.

after looking at a map with the Hoover Dam location , if this liar was in a fog it was a darn good one. Look at how many curves the road has to and on the Hoover Dam. Even a thinking person would have to be very alert to drive near there considering tourists and all.

Soooo... I find myself wondering: now that the domestic violence lie has been abandoned for 'sudden passion', I guess the Arias family is gonna have I ditch those purple ribbons, huh? I wonder what color ribbon one wears in support of "oh crap, now what?"

Sorry if OT, but I am so with you on this.

My little Terrier has become so attached to me that he is beside me every single moment I am home. He literally follows me around the house wherever I go. When I get up, he gets up. LOL

The funny thing is the 2 past dogs we had years ago were my choice and finally this time around it was my wife's choice and she picked him out. He is a small lap type terrirer and for some reason, he chose to be more closer to me than my wife. Shes a little jealous, but she understands sometimes the breed chooses one person over the other. I think maybe because I spoil him so much with wrestling and taking him out a lot. He has become so attached to me like no other pet I have ever had, and its mutual. :floorlaugh:

My daughter has a little dog like that also. Hes under her feet where ever she goes. His name is Rocky. He growls when her husband hugs her. Its funny.

Did you notice JM got a crack in about Nurmis hair? Nurmi had a physical reaction. JM must of been pizzed at him for something. You can see this in part 4 day 56. Its within the first minute .
That was priceless the way Juan came back!!! Did you hear the very first words out of nurmi's mouth when he did his closing? One of his snide remarks--------------by the way, who starts out the closing statement of a murder trial with a quip meant to put the prosecutor down rather than plea for your lying sack of chyte client??
Sidetracked - lol. e mentioned one of the things the trial was NOT about was a bad haircut. I believe he was referring to a juror question he obviously wanted to poke fun at, as well as Juan's total dissemination of AVL - who nurmi was standing up for.

Juan, at his finest, turned the question around to mean that NURMI had the bad haircut!! It was hilarious, and so fitting. One of his great non-legal moments.

Does anyone think that JM's cross examinations were even more masterful than his closing? I loved his closing but his cross examinations with JA, Samuels, ALV and her friend were my favourite parts of this trial.

I actually appreciated both equally. His cross exams WERE brilliant, but I thought his closing was particularly effective. I expected the same JM I had seen since JA took the stand: a man on overdrive, angry & spitting fire. I'm sure the jury did, too. Instead, he was almost reverent. I found myself transfixed by his demeanor and the pacing of his argument.

I thought the closing showed a great deal of restraint on JM's part. I also thought it showed a great deal of respect for Travis and his family as well as the jury. He let them know that he believed them to be reasonable people. He simply laid out the facts based on the evidence and put his trust in them. It was a far cry from Nurmi replaying the sex tape and saying he didn't even like his client.

JM DID show emotion when the circumstances dictated. For instance, when he described the chain of events by showing the crime scene photographs, I wept. I thought he was brilliant throughout the trial, but I thought his subdued approach during closing was absolutely magnificent. He rocks! :rockon:

Did you notice JM got a crack in about Nurmis hair? Nurmi had a physical reaction. JM must of been pizzed at him for something. You can see this in part 4 day 56. Its within the first minute .

He was pissed. Nurmi called Martinez a liar. Stood by Prosecution table and said "someone here is lying and it isn't Jodi Arias".

Dang it, MarLap! Do you and Beach Girl have any idea how hard it is to read these threads with tears running down and a lump in the throat? Do you? "Yes or No"!!! :blowkiss:

Yes, Juan!

when Nurmi made the crack about not liking Arias 9 days out of ten? He meant he loves her the other days...should have said 6 days out of 7 . 10 days is what he says right?I'll have to look at it on YT again..no on second thought I can not afford to fall asleep this early in the day...

Do you think Jodi could have held a decorative pillow to Travis's head and shot thru it, thinking it would have helped silence the shot? She took the pillow with her...so that would be where the fiber/loop came from and no stippling they were looking for.
I would imagine there would be fabric left somewhere deep in the wound or on the bullet, no?

She would garnered more sympathy had she stuck to that image. Of course she is creepy like that but some jurors might have felt a little sorry for her. Well she couldn't keep up the façade. Her arrogant and unremorseful nature came out for the whole world to see.

Juan was not allowed to argue lack of remorse during the trial - JA is claiming self-defense. She's INNOCENT, doncha know???

In August, 2012, the Defendant filed a motion to Preclude the State from arguing Lack of Remorse in a Potential Penalty Phase.
The State did not submit a response.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/092012/m5404143.pdf

Actually, that was a strategy.

In defending herself, she received access to the evidence personally without having to request access to it from her counsel.

She indicated that's really what she was after all along, from the first moments of awareness after Det. Flores disclosed the mountain of evidence -- especially those resurrected photos she thought she had 'killed' forever.

Once she had her special personal time to pridefully revel in all the evidence, and had laid her plans for concocting those ridiculous fabrications to explain it, she conveniently changed her mind and handed the Defense Team keys back to Nurmi.

She doesn't do things accidentally, nor does she overlook much.

She is one of the more dangerous humans to ever live.

Which is why there needs to be a

pentobarbital-filled
syringe_2.jpg
with her name on it.

Word.

when Nurmi made the crack about not liking Arias 9 days out of ten? He meant he loves her the other days...should have said 6 days out of 7 . 10 days is what he says right?I'll have to look at it on YT again..no on second thought I can not afford to fall asleep this early in the day...
He said 9 out of 10...I guess he thought that would make it easier for the jury to figure out...lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove