Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

Early on in this case there are court minutes that indicate the State's theory was exactly that - TA was shot first.

So if she shot him when he was sitting in the shower, he got up from that blast to the head then somehow made it over to the sink? JA testified that TA was on all fours hold his head/face so that must have been just after she shot him. Would he have been able to get up from that and stand up at the sink?

The State presented evidence that the victim was first shot on the right side of his head near
his eye with a .25 caliber handgun and that the bullet lodged in his left cheek.

See page 2, 2nd paragraph here:

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/082009/m3846408.pdf

You know what .. after the ME's mistake I think it's a possibility that he was shot first .. what if she put a gun to his head as he was sitting down in the shower, stood up and shot him in the face in a downward direction, bullet lodges in cheek and she runs from the room, he stumbles to basin, coughs up blood, she returns with the knife and starts stabbing him in back.

Perhaps however if we saw the skull we'd all know it had to have gone through the brain, and only the ME would know, so on the fence I shall sit.

:fence:

Just checking to see if the ribbon avatar worked.

:rockon:
The gun is surrounded by so many questions with no answers.

For example, are we to believe Jodi's story about the gun being on top of the shelf? I don't because there was no accompanying ammo.

Besides, if Jodi used Travis' imaginary gun, wouldn't she want to get it found so she can prove it wasn't grandma's.

She stole the gun with murder in mind. Except, it don't go as planned. If it did, she wouldn't be awaiting the decision on her life.

:banghead: I wish she would just spill the beans on the gun.

She never will, that would be an admission to premed. Fortunately, doesn't matter, the gas cans got her good, and she lied about the 3rd one on the stand because that goes to premed, but I was at premed with 2 gas cans.

I spent yesterday looking at pictures of Travis throughout his life. He was the most adorable little boy and handsome young man. But it's not just about looks, God gives us that. It's the smiles and the gentleness and the sense of fun that you see in him. This is not someone who is going to fly into a rage over a dropped camera. He is not an angry guy. Even in his "posing" where he tries to look formidable, he looks adorable instead. He is no shark. He's the guy you want for your friend. He's the guy you can call when you need someone to talk to. He's the guy you can count on to make you laugh. He's the guy you want for a mentor. Juan did an amazing job of reminding everyone that this is about Travis.

Exactly, the simply scientific fact is if Travis was shot in the head first, he'd be incapacitated.

I 1000% believe Dr. Horn. This was not a clear cut autopsy- there was alot to document,

Mind, you... this pic kinda makes we wonder why caused him to be slumped in the shower. :what:

Travis+Alexander+slumped+over+in+shower+5+30+pm+june+4+2008.jpg
To me it looks like blood pooling around his bottom, anyone else see that cause I've never heard anyone talk about it so I am confused about why it looks like blood to me

Just checking to see if the ribbon avatar worked.

Justice for Travis!

I used the instructions over and over and keep getting a wrong file extension error! Must be Windows 7... :0(

I'll just put it in my signature line!

Good Morning Websleuthers :) Dreamt about WS last night LOL Posts kept scrolling in my head, and I kept reading them. What a weird night. What a weird impact this has had on all of us! I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far and is getting a chance to take a deep breath and relax a little bit.
We're getting closer every hour. Justice for Travis is just hours away I think. I really believe that with JM on Travis's side, we'll have a verdict by the end of the day Monday. Crossing my fingers here. The Alexander family needs to be able to hear those words soon. Very very soon.

Any guess on what Jodi will have Donavan tweet for her after she gets her M1 conviction?

Jm will do it for her with another great John Donne Poem- it will have to be an expanded tweet

#deathBeNotProud

Death Be Not Proud

Death be not proud, though some have called thee
Mighty and dreadfull, for, thou art not soe,
For, those, whom thou think'st, thou dost overthrow,
Die not, poore death, nor yet canst thou kill mee.
From rest and sleepe, which but thy pictures bee,
Much pleasure, then from thee, much more must flow,
And soonest our best men with thee doe goe,
Rest of their bones, and soules deliverie.
Thou art slave to Fate, Chance, kings, and desperate men,
And dost with poyson, warre, and sicknesse dwell,
And poppie, or charmes can make us sleepe as well,
And better then thy stroake; why swell'st thou then?
One short sleepe past, wee wake eternally,
And death shall be no more; death, thou shalt die.
John Donne

To me it looks like blood pooling around his bottom, anyone else see that cause I've never heard anyone talk about it so I am confused about why it looks like blood to me

It does look that way but may be a shadow....If he had already been stabbed in the back or something, I don't think he would have slumped down and then crossed his leg like that.

It is a very weird picture. She may have ordered him down and he crossed his leg defensively right before she stabbed him.

IMO, the last few shots we see of Travis sitting, I think "it" presented itself in the one shot where Travis looks startled and I imagine him just sliding down to a seated position thinking this is the end.

I say this because my ex once came home from a hunting trip and I was in the shower not expecting him until later in the evening, he snuck in and whipped the shower curtain back. He was standing there in full cameo gear, face painted and I froze and slid down the wall, not knowing it was him, thinking I was facing my worst nightmare.

I hope it's ok that I copied this avi?

:seeya: Yes, I can agree with you that if ever let out, she will kill again.

She is broken and cannot be fixed. And, Ted Bundy traits; the charm, narcissism, power-seeking control freak.

I think JA is an entirely different animal than the run of the mill jealous lover, greedy business partner etc. usually found in murder cases.

She is, imo, a predator. Run of the mill murderers usually aren't. She is, imo, not much different than Bundy or any other like predator we've read about.

If she is ever released, she will kill again. In fact, IMO prison guards and other inmates are at risk from her.

IMO if Travis owned a gun and the knife "it" used to slaughter him they would have been left at the scene or mysteriously "found" like the cell phone was.

Interesting point. If TA owned a gun perhaps JA would have posed a different story....someone came in while she was there..she hid...and TA was brutally murdered.....like the ninja story with JA as the heroine....but the main point is the gun would have fit into the picture as being TA's.

I am not the liar JA is but she would have tried to make the pieces fit.

You know what .. after the ME's mistake I think it's a possibility that he was shot first .. what if she put a gun to his head as he was sitting down in the shower, stood up and shot him in the face in a downward direction, bullet lodges in cheek and she runs from the room, he stumbles to basin, coughs up blood, she returns with the knife and starts stabbing him in back.

Perhaps however if we saw the skull we'd all know it had to have gone through the brain, and only the ME would know, so on the fence I shall sit.

I think she meant to shoot him first, but an old gun and her "supposed" unfamiliarity with weapons, well things didn't work out the way she planned. She tried, but I suspect a round was not chambered. The lack of hemorhage in the brain pretty much tells me he was dead before she inflicted the shot to the head. I can't overlook this aspect of the autopsy, it speaks pretty loud to me.

Anything is possible. There are phenomenons all the time.

There is a possibility the bullet when downwards through the nose, sinus and lodged in the zygomatic bone.

But, meh, she still killed him 3 times over (unnecessary extreme force).

It does look that way but may be a shadow....If he had already been stabbed in the back or something, I don't think he would have slumped down and then crossed his leg like that.

It is a very weird picture. She may have ordered him down and he crossed his leg defensively right before she stabbed him.

Many moons ago it was cleared up...it is the shower drain....not blood. :jail:

Testing my ribbon avatar. I'm also fasting today in honor of Travis and his family.

:floorlaugh: No kidding eh? Borrowing 2 gas cans from DB. Why? Because she wanted to save money on gas, but yet fills up in Pasadena (expensive city)?

Then she goes and buys a 3rd! She really messed up in her plan. :facepalm:

She never will, that would be an admission to premed. Fortunately, doesn't matter, the gas cans got her good, and she lied about the 3rd one on the stand because that goes to premed, but I was at premed with 2 gas cans.

I think thats the drain.

I think she meant to shoot him first, but an old gun and her "supposed" unfamiliarity with weapons, well things didn't work out the way she planned. She tried, but I suspect a round was not chambered. The lack of hemorhage in the brain pretty much tells me he was dead before she inflicted the shot to the head. I can't overlook this aspect of the autopsy, it speaks pretty loud to me.

Ah true .. blood .. it's more than just the dura mater (sp) it's blood in the head, blood in the chest cavity, blood around the wounds in his back etc, and blood flowing from his neck. Either way anyway, that neck wound is pretty much Murder 1 on it's own. An open and shut case. That has taken 5 years including a 4 month trial to prosecute. Bring on judgement day, it's well overdue.

BBM~ Yes, she may have the gun pointed at him. I don't see blood. Maybe the face pic is Jodi while in front of him while he's slouched down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member