Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so. She had everything in her backpack/duffle bag. She would've of sweet talked herself out of anything if pulled over. As matter of fact, she did get pulled over in Utah and didn't even get a ticket.

I'll fess up to being an ID channel addict, too, and Joe Kenda is my favorite. :seeya:

Wouldn't it be too risky for Jodi to have the gun, knife, and bloody clothes in her car when passing thru the checkpoints at Hoover Dam and the California border in order to get to Crater Lake? Surely Einstein thought of that.:twocents:

It occurred to me yesterday that something Travis wrote in his online blog might have been a clue to what he was so angry about. Probably not, but here goes...JUST SPECULATING BELOW...no basis in fact...

Remember when he wrote on his blog or Myspace (paraphrase): "Who I'd like to meet...anyone except *advertiser censored*....if you have a webcam, I don't want to know you..."

It was something similar to that. Well, what if JA ran her own website for $? I believe there used to be subscription or pay-per-view websites, maybe still are, where a woman would video-chat online with men, and the men could watch her do 'whatever'. Maybe JA was doing this for income.

I thought of this b/c of Travis' "webcam" comment, and also the court's refusal to allow any of her financial records into trial. She seemed to have some money sometimes and an Infiniti. Also, she was private and secretive. She even had her own room when she lived with Darryl. She wouldn't let her parents visit/stay with her. If she had this type of online life, she would need privacy.

If TA found out, he would feel duped that he had been carrying on with a quasi sex worker, (thus the "dildo with a heartbeat" and "*advertiser censored*" comments). And by threatening to expose her, she felt the need to take action to protect her secret.

And this would have been very prejudicial, I think the defense attorneys would say, so they would have kept this from being presented in court.

Does anyone know the date Travis wrote that statement online, and where he posted it? I would be curious how close in time it was to May 2008.
Well, definitely there was SOMETHING prejudicial in those records. Looking forward to ALL that coming out after sentencing.

ITA. I've been wanting to post this, but was embarrassed due to my addiction to the ID channel. All right...there...I said it!! LOL

On one of the programs a few weeks ago, it might have been on the "Kenda" show. BUT, he basically said, everyone around that area knows, "if ya wanna hide something, go to Crater Lake". I immediately thought of MM.

This is what I'm pondering. Perhaps AFTER she's convicted, she might just spill her guts about the gun, etc. Maybe to take someone else down with her. Like MM for getting rid of it. But, still sticking to her whatever the defense "fantasy du jour" is this Sunday morning.

I'm sorry, but I just keep thinking that MM has something to do with this. AND, I apologize before hand if he's not.

Last night I got to the point of thinking how can that live with himself IF IF IF he's involved with helping her in ANY way.

Crater Lake is almost bottomless. But there are lots of other remote areas here in Oregon to dump stuff. The same applies to Northern California. Lots of damns and reservoirs. I'd love to see a mileage break down to see how many miles aren't accounted for if you follow the route they think she took.

Sorry, I'm not giving her a pass that easily. IIRC, the interviewee said that her daughter reported that she was asked to stay in her room at DB's house and sometimes these visitors would show up late at night and early in the morning. I doubt the Mormon missionaries would be there after midnight and why was the tenant asked to stay in her room ?

A new hearsay witness seems to crawl out of the woodwork and onto an HLN show each week. HLN is just worthless tabloid entertainment and I don’t believe a word they have to say…….

I think they should give ja what she asked for if I hurt travis I would beg for the death penalty ..no appeals they are just doing what she asked for

Mikee has a new video. He's sporting a new hat! LOL.

[video=youtube;3koFXCLz3Q8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3koFXCLz3Q8[/video]

People were asking about the next phases in sentencing. This is from hln but for once I don't think it's dramatic
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/02/13/arias-sentencing

First-degree murder:

If the jurors unanimously decide Arias is guilty of first-degree murder for Alexander’s death, the case would then move to the aggravation phase.

That is the prosecution’s chance to present additional evidence that the death was caused in a cruel manner. Arizona law defines it as when the victim suffers physical pain or mental anguish and the defendant knew or should have known that the victim would suffer.

The jury would then deliberate for a second time to determine if the aggravating factor of cruelty is proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

If the jury does not find her guilty of cruelty, the case ends and the judge sets a sentencing date within 30 to 60 days. At the sentencing, the judge decides whether to sentence Arias to natural life in prison or life with parole eligibility after 25 years.

But if the jury decides cruelty is proven beyond a reasonable doubt, the case moves to the sentencing phase.

This is the defense’s opportunity to ask the jury for leniency and present evidence to support why Arias should be spared the death penalty. Witnesses may include Arias’ friends and family. Arias could also make a statement to the jury.

The jury then deliberates for a third time to determine whether Arias should be sentenced to life or death. Their decision must be unanimous. In the case of a deadlock, a mistrial would be granted and a new jury would be chosen for this phase only.

If the jury votes for the death penalty, Arias would be sentenced immediately and she is likely to be sent to death row within hours. If the jury opts for a life sentence, the judge will set a sentencing date within 30 to 60 days and, at that time, will sentence Arias to natural life or life with eligibility for parole after 25 years.

----

ETA and some info from Azlawyer

Assuming a verdict of Murder 1, there would first be an "aggravation phase," in which the jury would determine whether JA is eligible for the death penalty. In this case, the only issue for that phase would be whether the murder was "cruel," which concerns physical and mental suffering of the victim. This will be a mini-trial before the jury, with the state presenting a case in chief, the defense presenting its case, and then the state presenting rebuttal, and mini-closing arguments. This might last only a couple of days.

Then there would be a phase to consider life vs. death. Again, this is a mini-trial before the jury. This phase is for the defense to present mitigating evidence and for the state to rebut that evidence (including through victim statements from the family). This might last a couple of weeks.

The jury makes the decisions.

my ex-BF and still good friend was one of the lead homicide detectives on the carla faye tucker case.
i saw the crime scene photos. that pickaxe was driven through the female victim's shoulder, through the mattress and into the FLOOR. that woman begged them to go ahead and kill her because she was in so much pain. and she was just a woman he picked up that night----carla and her accomplice didn't even KNOW her. they were after the guy.

i think carla faye did change in prison but that didn't change what she did, and she deserved to be executed. it was a horrendous murder.
YES! And being off drugs helped her change as well. Unfortunately, whatever is wrong with JA, I just don't think it's fixable.

After hearing the jurors questions and reading our court watchers notes, I believe they will find her guilty of 1st degree murder. But I have a hypothetical question for you guys. If it came down to it (which I hope it does not!) but if it did and Judge Stephens had to decide whether to sentence the defendant to life in prison without parole or life with parole eligibility after 25 years, what do you think she would do? It concerns me that she has been very lenient in the courtroom when it comes to rulings, time, etc. so I am questioning whether she would go for the maximum sentence or not? What do you think?

IMO she would give her the DP. Judge ruled for appeal purposes but she looked at TA's family each day. It was heartbreaking and along with legal reasons I do believe TA's family and their grief - she would choose DP. :twocents:

I just wanted to say I'm sorry for the loss of your Dad. My Mom was my best friend too so I completely understand how it feels to miss him all the time.
I also agree about the size of her hands not mattering; she slaughtered him plain and simple. Rage and adrenaline can give the smallest of women/men strength and that girl was and still is full of rage.
Today I will do my best to fast (health issues make a real fast out of the question but I will do what I can) as well as Pray and keep a candle lit for Travis. Hopefully tomorrow will be the day.
(ps:I'm not always as on top of my PM's as I want to be these days,please forgive me, I'm having such a hard time with the cards I need to send out from my Mom's passing that my mind isn't completely here. One day at a time I guess)
:blushing::blushing:

My condolences to you. I'm very sorry about your Mom. Yes, one day at a time and some days are better than others. The feelings are like waves, up and down but just remember that time does help you. I wish you strength and comfort. And I just have to say how awesome you are, while you are in grief, you are still thinking about and caring for others.

A new hearsay witness seems to crawl out of the woodwork and onto an HLN show each week. HLN is just worthless tabloid entertainment and I don’t believe a word they have to say…….

In the wake of the advent of 24 hour live cable news and the world wide interwebs something got lost ... good old-fashioned fact checking.

morning!

JSS has been flexible to the DT with them presenting their case. However as soon as they've gone for yet another ridiculous mistrial, she's really told them as she sees it. I don't know how much The Court gets to speak about JA but when she does, I think we'll see JSS has the full measure of JA.

i have tried to get back to RL over the weekend. i agree with the above, and will be very interested to hear what JSS has to say...judges are often rather scathing--rightly so--when the defendent is convicted.

travis's murder truly fits into the category of heinous and cruel...even if we were to believe that she was abused, or she "snapped," her actions went way too far. this is why i'm convinced that even if anyone on the jury were going to give some credence to the abuse claim...they would be hard pressed to find her actions justifiable. i mean seriously, they only knew each other for about a year and a half, and only "dated" for 5 months!!!! moreover, the abuse she describes happened within an even shorter time frame. the "normal rage," of a DV situation that leads to the abuser's death is typically reserved for those unfortunate cases where a victim has stayed with her abuser for years and years, not 5 freaking months!

SMH for this women.

I've seen a few people on these forums who are reasonable sure she will get 2nd degree murder. The DP / LWOP thing isn't my concern right now and I'd be fine with LWOP because the psychopath won't care regardless of what her fate is, but I will be crushed if she receives anything less than Murder 1. I think of Travis and I cry because it's so unfair. I hope that she receives LWoP

Crater Lake is almost bottomless. But there are lots of other remote areas here in Oregon to dump stuff. The same applies to Northern California. Lots of damns and reservoirs. I'd love to see a mileage break down to see how many miles aren't accounted for if you follow the route they think she took.
I always wished there'd been a GPS in that rental car! Didn't she decline one on the rental car form?

my ex-BF and still good friend was one of the lead homicide detectives on the carla faye tucker case.
i saw the crime scene photos. that pickaxe was driven through the female victim's shoulder, through the mattress and into the FLOOR. that woman begged them to go ahead and kill her because she was in so much pain. and she was just a woman he picked up that night----carla and her accomplice didn't even KNOW her. they were after the guy.

i think carla faye did change in prison but that didn't change what she did, and she deserved to be executed. it was a horrendous murder.

Doesn't everyone 'get religion' in prison?
JA said she would rather die than spend her life in prison. I think we should honor that request!

"understand" why/how she does anything. We all saw her in the interrogation and how nothing fazed her. Her actions are not really able to be understood by us as we have no frame of reference for someone like her.

That's why Nurmi's closing is so ridiculous. Saying why would she have done this or why wouldn't she have done that is only relevant if we were considering a normal person. I can't believe anyone on that jury at the end of this trial believes they are dealing with anything like a "normal" person that they can relate to.

It's pretty much all they can do. Imagine what would make a "normal" person kill like she did and then try to create that person, a traumatized woman abused since childhood and toyed with as a sexual plaything, unable to extricate herself because of her low self esteem etc.

But Jodi's own demeanor on the stand with Juan as well as the facts of the killing prove there is nothing credible about that story especially as it depends on believing Jodi and the jury and the world saw ample evidence of how easily and comfortably she lies.

In the interrogation room, Flores showed her the picture of Travis that had her foot in it. You can see blood running down his shoulder. Flores said this is Travis and this is your foot. Her response was "this is his bathroom". Its the only comment she made. No water works. She saved the fake crying for court. I cant wait for the verdict. She may remain calm. Attorneys orders. If she chooses to address the court, I hope the entire Alexander family walks out and returns when shes done. I do believe she will throw out a dig.

True, but I also don't believe Arias was as monogamous as she claims ...

I don't think so. She had everything in her backpack/duffle bag. She would've of sweet talked herself out of anything if pulled over. As matter of fact, she did get pulled over in Utah and didn't even get a ticket.

The whole purpose of flipping the license plate was so she WOULD get pulled over in Utah to establish her alibi. But you never know when the border check guys will do a random search of your car.

There are just so many opportunities in the vast desert areas that she was passing thru, at night, to dispose of her weapons/clothes, IMO.:twocents:

Oh my LORD!! I'm doing EXACTLY the same thing this morning!! LOL
I do the SAME thing every nite!!!

So good to know that I am not alone either! :wink:

I wonder how many ID addicts are on here? :floorlaugh:

I love their programs, and I see many cases similar to this one - sadly, there is more than one Jodi Arias type out there! :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876