Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So they aren't deliberating over the weekend correct? What time do they start deliberations on Monday?

I know this is for Legals but in case anyone here knows...Out of Town???

JM said the jury MUST consider the charge of M1 FIRST and only if they cannot find guilt do they move on to M2?

Is this correct? Appears all the elements are met which doesn't leave much room for any who want to vote with sympathy...which is how it should be imo. This could certainly shorten deliberations.

After Juan waxed eloquent for (5? 6?) hours, Nurmi couldn't just get up there and say "he called her a 3-hole wonder" and sit down. But he didn't have anything to work with...

So he drawled on and on to kill time, I suppose....to make it look like there was some defense argument to be spoken.
LOL...no, I'm actually talking about the speed of his delivery. He sure did pick up speed in his closing...considering. :)

just checkin in to let everyone know that my daughter may just be having our little "Juan
Websleuths" today......oh the timing couldn't be any better than this......asking for a little prayer here please......Grammie Cam

When JA tried to cop a plea for 2nd degree using blackmail threats as leverage, you know that only fueled Juan's fire to convict her! In addition to committing murder, she thought she could screw with the justice system? Bad move....

OK, I completely missed this part, I came into this trial wayyy late...

PLEASE :please: even if it's old news would you please tell me about the black mail threats?

Who was she trying to black mail?

I decided to spend part of the afternoon in church, reflecting about all of this, hoping the jury would do the right thing. Funny thing is, despite being raised Catholic, I'm not a practicing one.... After witnessing so much strife happen to good people, like TA and his family, I long abandoned blind faith.

Out of respect to the family, I went back today for the first time in many years. Not sure why or for what. When I reached the front door, this sign was blowing in the wind. At that moment, a calm washed over me. Justice is coming. :)

gandk.jpg

You know what I find REALLY REALLY scary? I think she's glad that Travis is dead.

I completely agree with you. ALL her trial behaviour, sly peeking at her handiwork, and her vile defense tactics proved that to me.

Please, please let the jury see that, too, with all the overwhelming evidence presented by our hero JM.

The biggest problem I have with that (sort of) reasonable theory is that Travis knew she was a pathological liar and sociopath, among other worse and dangerous PD's, which he understood.
Why would he have believed that from an email or text from her? Also, she would have used a pregnancy/ baby against him. Why get an abortion if you are JA?

Well they were having sex, so pregnancy was a possibility. I'm not saying she was pregnant, she may just have told him so and then said she had an abortion because he obviously didn't love her, etc. Just another way to inflict pain on this poor man.

OK, I completely missed this part, I came into this trial wayyy late...

PLEASE :please: even if it's old news would you please tell me about the black mail threats?

Who was she trying to black mail?
Basically she said that unless they were willing to plead her out to 2nd degree she was going public with BS about Travis. I imagine it was the pedo claim AND the sex tape. (?)

I'm assuming the sentencing hearing will not be videoed? Anyone know? I'd LOVE to watch that also!

Med

Deathrow for female inmates is at Perryville. Currently, they are being sued because of the violence that occurs on a daily basis. The number of gang members is growing and the vioience continues in prison. Where jodi is held now is Club Med in comparison. If she is convicted of felony murder, she will be exposed to the violence that occurs in prison. She will retreat to her alternate reality to survive.

I'm sure by now you all will want to duct tape my hands to my chair for repeating this but I take pure, unadulterated JOY in knowing that, in the time period between JA's conviction and her penalty announcement, Sheriff Joe A will immediately place her on the Estrella jail chain gang. I can't begin to say how happy that makes me. Have you ever seen the footage of his chain gang? I will smile knowing that she will at least have a little time on the gang before taking the ride to Perryville. Her last days in Estrella won't be about being a star anymore...just one of the gang :)

Another thing I'm glad about...I do not have to watch the head to head whispering, writing, giggling, [ all captured on video so I ain't lyin here] and the un professional huggy whispery..face to face etc at the table...anymore...I'm like thinkin
"Get a room" ya know:)

No, she did not return them to Darryl.

I think she traded a stolen DVD player and remote for the two gas cans, so no need to return them. Just sayin...had to be a reason she returned to Darryl's with that remote she testified about. :D

Hello fellow WS'ers...one day closer to Justice for Travis.

It's bothered me for awhile about Jodi being at Travis's house all those hours that last day and the sex and all...just a week after those scathing e-mails he sent her...

Then last night I remembered how my emotions went when my 14-year-old golden retriever Bunny died a few years back...I would bawl and sob and heave for a few minutes and then feel calmer for a few hours until the next wave of pain hit.

So I have this theory now...Travis got all that BUILT UP pent up anger out of his system in those late May e-mails. He probably felt clamer and more relieved the week afterwards. He wasn't as emotional when Jodi showed up June 4 because he had gotten a lot of it off his chest the week before...

She probably showed up making nice, and even when people behave AS badly as Jodi had, someone good-hearted like Travis wouldn't really think she would REALLY hurt him.

I bet she made nice, apologised, agreed to leave him alone, but wanted one last romp so they could part on a positive note. She may have even told him she already met someone she might be interested in. She knew exactly how to take down his guard.

Her doing that so soon after he released all that anger the week before when he was in a calmer state explains to me why he was able to spend so many hours with her before she killed him.

That's my theory...it makes more sense to me since I remembered the emotional roller coaster of grief with Bunny...

Rest in Peace Travis...justice is coming...and my darling Bunny is going to play ball with you and let you give her ear scritches until your dear Napoleon comes home to you.

Great theory! I would sooner agree that what she 'scammed' or black-mailed him with was more along the lines of saying she was going to reveal their relationship to someone at the church or similar threat because then he would be more willing to let his guard down when she came to see him on June 4th all sorry and repentant from their preivious fight.

I highly doubt that he would be sleeping with her after that if what she had done was tell him she was pregant and had an abortion. No way would he be dumb enough to touch her after that. OR if she told him she had recorded their phone sex and was going to reveal that, he would never let her take naked pictures of him either in bed or in the shower. He was not that stupid! I think she had done something else to scam or blackmail him, be it money related or threat of revealing their relationship.

That's not to say he should have slept with her again anytime after all her shenanigans, I do believe she told him she wanted one last time with him before they both went on in life. And him being easily seduced by her gave in, thinking he would be rid of her after this. Little did he know that her plan was that if he didn't come back to her and take her to Cancun her plan was to kill him.

She had two plans coming to Arizona. I think Plan A was that if he hadn't welcomed her when she arrived, she would have killed him in the office. But because he welcomed her and they had hours of sex and he still was adamant that he wasn't taking her to Cancun and that their relationship was over, that's when she went into Plan B and got him in the shower and vulnerable so she could then massacre him!

I'm assuming the sentencing hearing will not be videoed? Anyone know? I'd LOVE to watch that also!
Oh, I definitely think it will be videotaped. I can't imagine the media not wanting in on that.

It's a beautiful day here but I'm sitting inside watching the unedited interrogation videos of this [unusual person]. I'm obsessed with this case even though I, like many others, swore after CA that I'd never again get this involved.

Det. Esteban Flores was amazing. He had the patience of a saint, sitting for hours with that thing called jodi, never raising his voice, just calmly trying to coax the truth out of her/it. A waste of his time but no one can deny he gave it his all.

This inhuman miscreant needs to be put away forever. She is unfit for society and unfit for prison. Even death is too good for this one.

I pray there is justice for Travis & his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand