Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only people who parrot this are those, even after repeated explanations both by JM and avid trial watchers here, do not understand the concept of premeditation. It's a fundamental breakdown in grasping the idea that JA didn't need to plan the murder for months, weeks, days or even hours. Premeditation can happen in seconds.

The very idea that not one, but TWO weapons were used ends the story. Even if one buys her story of gun first, she said on the stand that she was unaware of the location of the knife. She considered it's location (premeditation), went to find it (more time, premeditation), picked it up (more time, premeditation) and used it. She used it to stab him in the heart (fatal wound, after delivery she is legally bound to stop the attack) and continued to stab him 28 times subsequently. She caught him in the hallway as he was moving away from her, which we know for certain bc of the cluster stabs to the back, and cut his throat.

The cut to the throat is critical and proves premeditation beyond a shadow of a doubt for two reasons- 1) she wanted to silence him and 2) it was an immediately fatal wound. It is not crime of passion here- a cut to the throat is a deliberate act that involves thinking/knowing the direct strike will 100% kill him. There is no way out of that.

If that isn't enough, if you believe that the gun was TA's (which is total bs, but we'll play along), after she killed him (class X felony) she removed the gun from his home (burglary, and another felony committed during the commission of the first felony). Again, there is no way out of this.

If the jurors don't return murder 1, it's because they didn't have the capacity to understand all of the above. Doesn't matter about her June 2 activities, doesn't matter about spending hours at the house before she murdered him, doesn't matter about gun first/stab first.

Any way you look at it, it is MURDER ONE.

Thank you for reinforcing my thoughts exactly. If you also consider ALL of her actions prior to arriving in Mesa, they are also consistent with a pattern of premeditation, even if she wasn't totally committed to the crime on her six hour trip. She came prepared to kill Travis if/when the time was right.

I am of the opinion that he thought she had left when he stepped into the shower and was surprised at her return and the use of his camera. Just look into his eyes in that last full face picture in the shower.

It should be premeditated murder one by the lunch break, but I think the jury will hold out until the afternoon to announce their verdict.

A have a question that maybe some of you can clear up for me. The other night on Dr. Drew, Sky Hughes indicated they had poured over Travis's emails twice but could find no indication as to what prompted the May 26th email to JA. I would have to believe the police immediately took possession of his computer. If that being the case, how did they have access to Travis's emails? We know she had his journals because she was ordered by to turn them over after her deposition. TIA for any input on this.

A have a question that maybe some of you can clear up for me. The other night on Dr. Drew, Sky Hughes indicated they had poured over Travis's emails twice but could find no indication as to what prompted the May 26th email to JA. I would have to believe the police immediately took possession of his computer. If that being the case, how did they have access to Travis's emails? We know she had his journals because she was ordered by to turn them over after her deposition. TIA for any input on this.

I think this is a reference to the email confrontation to JA on the 26th as reported to Detective Flores by Mimi Hall:

Interview With Marie (Mimi) Hall (One of Travis’s Ex’s, Woman He Was Taking To Cancun)

"… I asked about Travis’s former girlfriend, Jodi Arias… She heard that she was kind of obsessive and that she had manipulated Travis’ Facebook account. She also mentioned hearing that Jodi would get into the house through the doggie door without being invited. She described Jodi as a “stalker ex-girlfriend.” Marie said she was actually kind of worried about her, because she was obsessive. She also heard that Jodi had stolen some of his personal journals and they [she] had recently taken some pages of his new book he was writing…Travis [last week] called Jodi, because he caught her hacking into one of his email or Facebook accounts and confronted her about it."

http://kristinarandle.com/blog/what-people-said-about-jodi-after-the-killing/

Also, there were references to emails that Jodi had fraudulently created via Travis' email about him being a pedophile. I wonder if this is when she did it and if that is what he was livid about.

I always wished there'd been a GPS in that rental car! Didn't she decline one on the rental car form?

From what I understand (from articles that I read, so I could be wrong), some car rental companies have them built into the car and a person renting the car doesn't necessary know it. Not a GPS one would use for directions. It is for the Rental Company to find the car if it goes missing. Sure wish that car had one of those.

That's a good question. She seems so milquetoast I can't picture her giving a death sentence as is needed in this case.

IIRC there was a Supreme Court case in 2002 which led to AZ changing the law in which judges did the sentencing to the current law where jurors do the sentencing. An article posted here said judges gave the DP ~15% of the time before the law changed v. juries since giving the DP 78% of the time. My memory on that is shaky though.

He'll be screaming mistrial for as long as it takes for him to get off the case. I bet then none of those DAs that have been so outspoken about JA's cse come willingly running to JA's aid.

Bawaaahaaahaa! Bingo.

Let's see Holly Hughes volunteer to take over, she knows so damn much more than anyone else on the face of the planet including Juan Martinez with his 90-something % conviction rate.

Ugh. Can't stand HH. Sorry.

Re BBM

Brought this over from previous thread. A great theory about what Travis may have really been mad about in his email to her. This could have been exactly why Travis was so mad at Jodi.

This is a good theory. I just wonder why it would not have been brought out in trial. This would be considered fraud wouldn't it ? There must have been proof, i.e., financial records and the testimony of his upline. Wasn't that Chris and Skye Hughes? This really has me baffled.

The only people who parrot this are those, even after repeated explanations both by JM and avid trial watchers here, do not understand the concept of premeditation. It's a fundamental breakdown in grasping the idea that JA didn't need to plan the murder for months, weeks, days or even hours. Premeditation can happen in seconds.

The very idea that not one, but TWO weapons were used ends the story. Even if one buys her story of gun first, she said on the stand that she was unaware of the location of the knife. She considered it's location (premeditation), went to find it (more time, premeditation), picked it up (more time, premeditation) and used it. She used it to stab him in the heart (fatal wound, after delivery she is legally bound to stop the attack) and continued to stab him 28 times subsequently. She caught him in the hallway as he was moving away from her, which we know for certain bc of the cluster stabs to the back, and cut his throat.

The cut to the throat is critical and proves premeditation beyond a shadow of a doubt for two reasons- 1) she wanted to silence him and 2) it was an immediately fatal wound. It is not crime of passion here- a cut to the throat is a deliberate act that involves thinking/knowing the direct strike will 100% kill him. There is no way out of that.

If that isn't enough, if you believe that the gun was TA's (which is total bs, but we'll play along), after she killed him (class X felony) she removed the gun from his home (burglary, and another felony committed during the commission of the first felony). Again, there is no way out of this.

If the jurors don't return murder 1, it's because they didn't have the capacity to understand all of the above. Doesn't matter about her June 2 activities, doesn't matter about spending hours at the house before she murdered him, doesn't matter about gun first/stab first.

Any way you look at it, it is MURDER ONE.

awesome post!

Can you tell me how to do this from my iPad? I asked a month ago and didn't get a reply. Whatever ou did, please let me know. Thanks. :)

I clicked the image and saved it to my iPad and then chose it as my avatar in the account settings. Pretty simple on the ipad

From what I understand (from articles that I read, so I could be wrong), some car rental companies have them built into the car and a person renting the car doesn't necessary know it. Not a GPS one would use for directions. It is for the Rental Company to find the car if it goes missing. Sure wish that car had one of those.

It might have been helpful if it could retrace the whole route, I suppose. Mostly I think about where she disposed of the weapons. If she really wanted to prove her "innocence" that it was self-defense then it would've been a good idea to go search for the gun so she could prove it was Travis' and not her grandparents. I think the fact that she made no attempt to recover it speaks volumes and is a slam dunk to her guilt.

This is a good theory. I just wonder why it would not have been brought out in trial. This would be considered fraud wouldn't it ? There must have been proof, i.e., financial records and the testimony of his upline. Wasn't that Chris and Skye Hughes? This really has me baffled.

Originally Posted by anagrammy
I have often wondered how jurors cope when they go home, learn what we know, and then go on with their lives. Does it stick with them?

I watched Juan Martinez live but I swear every five minutes the phone rang or someone came to the door. I had no idea I had such a full life!

I had to detach some because it is just too easy for me to slip back to reliving my own experience with my son's death and my father's as well. People get away with murder quite often, apparently.

One thing I have noticed is that Jodi must have been extremely jealous of the love and admiration Travis Alexander had earned. He was the real deal, a person trying to be better, a person with compassion for others. Over years he had accumulated friends who all loved him dearly, who were not afraid of him. His friends didn't violate each other's privacy.

He lived in a world that Jodi Arias could NOT be part of-- because of her lack of character. It became really obvious, even to him, that he could do much better because she was a fake Mormon, a fake photographer, a fake Law of Attraction believer....after all, isn't she about to attract the Death Penalty????

She scammed Travis. Meaning, imo, when he said he was finally really through with her, he went to his finances and realized that the advances in commissions he had been giving her were against PPL sales which she never made. The names were bogus, etc, something like that.

I got this idea from his threat to tell Chris and Skye, who were her upline. Why tell them instead of the bishop? Because it was a PPL scam where she used her information she snooped to enter his PPL account and transfer his sales to herself, and he found out she had been doing whatever it was for some time.

And Travis was such a kind person he didn't immediately call the police or call Chris himself. He tried to use the info to get her to leave him alone. Maybe he knew how useless restraining orders can be with seriously crazy violent people.

Also, I'll bet she threatened him physically, something like, "You don't know who you are dealing with - you will regret this, Travis, I promise you. You can mark my words, if you are still alive."

That would be a provocation for his fear of her (in addition to the stalking).

Anagrammy

Is it a fact that Travis was giving JA advances on commissions? Did I miss this? Why would he provide advances when CH was her up line?

Is it a fact that Travis was giving JA advances on commissions? Did I miss this? Why would he provide advances when CH was her up line?

Also, wouldn't this be something that Chris and Skye would have been able to figure out? I definitely think that she was doing something illegal/shady to get money...

moo

IIRC there was a Supreme Court case in 2002 which led to AZ changing the law in which judges did the sentencing to the current law where jurors do the sentencing. An article posted here said judges gave the DP ~15% of the time before the law changed v. juries since giving the DP 78% of the time. My memory on that is shaky though.

This is a good read and explains how it all works:

https://www.azag.gov/sites/default/files/sites/all/docs/Criminal/ccc/Final-CapPun.pdf

There is a candle lighting in Phoenix today I am hearing. Since we are all spread far and wide I was thinking .....wouldn't it be a great idea for all of us Websleuthers all over the world to turn our porch lights on and leave them on until the verdict comes in? My porch light will be on tonight and everynight not only until a verdict is reached,but until sentancing is done...
Won't you join me please.... at least until we have a verdict? Thanks !

I will do it...I also have a blue candle that will stay lit until we have a verdict.

You didn't miss anything. If any of this were true I'm certain it would have been brought out in the trial because they did do forensic financial searches. It would have spoken to motive - big time. It's a nice theory but I don't think it has any merit. I seem to remember that JA's monies in her bank accounts totaled something like 700 bucks.

Good mornin' everyone. I just heard that Jodi is rehearsing for the Death Row Idol contest. The song she has chosen to perform is

wait for it ........

wait for it .......

(musical note) I wanna hippo campus for Christmas (musical note):guitar::lol:

Sorry ...I'm just in a corny mood this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics