Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I woke up early this morning and went and at on the porch with my dog and a cup of tea and just thought. I thought about the trial and the closings arguments and attempted to figure out why I am so sure that JA is guilty of first degree murder...

To me, it's the stabbing and the slit throat...I think that I could shoot someone if I felt threatened enough...but it would have to be a terrifying physical threat...I could even stab someone under the same circumstances. But only once, and I'd run like hell away as soon as I could and call 911 immediately.

I can't imagine hating someone so much that I could repeatedly stab them in the back, stab the back of their head, and cut their throat. It's incomprehensible.

And i don't believe that this thing, this JA, has forgotten one second of the murder. She revels in her memories.

And that's why I'm glad the jurors didn't really start deliberating yesterday and will start fresh on Monday. I hope that each one of them has some quiet time this weekend to do their own reflecting and get their thoughts in order...

Spent the day trying my hardest to unhear all I've heard, unsee all I've seen and just focus on the trial videos. Well, it can't be done. Nope. I was lost by the time Willmott was done with her opening argument..... There's just something off about that girl ;) JM did a powerful opening argument and it already had me a doing a WTH when Willmott tried to set up the Poor Jodi Defense. I can't imagine the jury is going to have a hard time reaching a unanimous decision for M1...and then of course, DP.
I had a few free seconds later today so I sent another very special, very heartfelt tweet to JA.
Just to let her know we aren't going to forget. No matter what. I kept it clean and I kept it classy. I hope she's able to comprehend it, since she is neither. :)

I've been watching JM's closing again. Awesome! In terms of premeditation I can excuse away some things but I cannot get over these facts. Overwhelming proof of premeditation.

The burglary only two days after that angry message from Travis to JA. Same type of gun used in the murder.
Renting a car away from her town and wanting a white one.
The gas cans
The phone being turned off in Arizona.

I do not like our Justice system, it's so very broken! So much evidence that Jurors can't see. I do understand too predudical to some extent but really, come on, it leaves too much out of the great big picture. We have gone to much to the left. What is, is, why do we as a nation, as people, is beyond me? Makes no sense to me at all. Why hide it!

I woke up early this morning and went and at on the porch with my dog and a cup of tea and just thought. I thought about the trial and the closings arguments and attempted to figure out why I am so sure that JA is guilty of first degree murder...

To me, it's the stabbing and the slit throat...I think that I could shoot someone if I felt threatened enough...but it would have to be a terrifying physical threat...I could even stab someone under the same circumstances. But only once, and I'd run like hell away as soon as I could and call 911 immediately.

I can't imagine hating someone so much that I could repeatedly stab them in the back, stab the back of their head, and cut their throat. It's incomprehensible.

And i don't believe that this thing, this JA, has forgotten one second of the murder. She revels in her memories.

And that's why I'm glad the jurors didn't really start deliberating yesterday and will start fresh on Monday. I hope that each one of them has some quiet time this weekend to do their own reflecting and get their thoughts in order...

Interesting too that she was affected as JM explained the stabbing, and how it happened, you could tell she was remembering it, yet when Nurmi talked about she tried to act affected. If jury paid attention to her at all it was clear which actually occurred. She also just can't get enough of those crime scene photos

Except she never actually cared about mormonism.

I think it was more about psychopath's mind using old rituals, more or less to torture people, punish and control. Let's face it, when the Ten Commandments ...the first thing she said, there was no 'Thou shall not fornicate.' I'm pretty sure a psychopath/BPD would pick religion as a way to prey on people, perhaps to her those old rituals and atonement made her feel like a Goddess, her word. I don't think Jodi cared about anything or anyone except herself and what she could get out of them.

....the more time that I have distanced myself from the closing by the defence, the more ridiculous and pathetic it has become...."chaos, and,'it doesn't make any sense'" pretty much sums it up....
The entire time that Nurmi was talking about the "covert mission" , and how Jodi failed at it, it just re-emphasized my belief in the prosecution's case...it was the strangest ever attempt at a defence argument...I felt, in some ways that I was watching an SNL skit....even now when I have attempted to digest it I find it totally bizarre...

ITA. It's hard to choose the most bizarre Nurmi moment, but his suggesting JA might have put the closet shelf back in place and (I guess) lined up TA's shoes again rates an absurdity spot near the top.

ITA. Very sad .. at least he reached that point before he died, however.

Deanna was incredible, wasn't she? When KN was asking her what she knew about TA childhood, she managed to get on record that he was proud of his father at the end, and remembered the loving things his mom did for him.

I am in awe of her. What a remarkable woman.

ITA. It's hard to choose the most bizarre Nurmi moment, but his suggesting JA might have put the closet shelf back in place and (I guess) lined up TA's shoes again rates an absurdity spot near the top.

Yeah like after trying, and failing to clean the BLOOD all over she just decided to fix the closet shelves!!!

Out, damn spot, oh well, guess I'll just tidy the closet!

THESE are the photos I wish would run whenever Jodi is featured on the news. NOT photos of Jodi and Travis together.

I will never understand the obsession to continually post pictures of her. Yeah I snipped them out. Why??? She makes me sick :puke:

Oh, this is a good topic for compiling a list: most bizarre DT moments

My number 1? The chihuahua eyeball!

I do not like our Justice system, it's so very broken! So much evidence that Jurors can't see. I do understand too predudical to some extent but really, come on, it leaves too much out of the great big picture. We have gone to much to the left. What is, is, why do we as a nation, as people, is beyond me? Makes no sense to me at all. Why hide it!

I don't know where you live, but here in CA we amended our Constitution with Prop 8 (no not that one) that introduced a "right to truth in evidence". This means that state courts cannot exclude any "relevant evidence" even if gathered in a manner that violates the rights of the accused. Of course, the U.S. Constitution will prevail in search and seizure issues, but in CA criminal courts, generally, if it's relevant it's in. Prejudicial evidence has to be REALLY prejudicial to be excluded. :twocents:

Interesting too that she was affected as JM explained the stabbing, and how it happened, you could tell she was remembering it, yet when Nurmi talked about she tried to act affected. If jury paid attention to her at all it was clear which actually occurred. She also just can't get enough of those crime scene photos

IMO Juan's scenario of what happened during the actual murder was VERY close to what actually happened. Her face looked rather pale - I think she was stunned that he could put it all together without her telling them anything that was the truth!

I think you are right because when these jurors find out how much they did not hear they will be upset that they didn't get it all. Even worse, future jurors who watch these trials on TV may feel that if they are selected for jury duty they are not hearing all the evidence and assume that there is more information against a defendant, they just have not heard it. This could lead to a guilty vote because they feel there is more damning evidence they just did not get to hear it. That certainly would not be fair to the defendant.

Jurors are suppose to just consider the evidence that is presented and not speculate but not all jurors follow that rule to the letter.

(Sorry I'm so far behind)

That seems strange to me. I thought the judge instructed them that if they needed anything extra to let the bailiff know and she would get it to them. I also remember when the sex tape was played she said to them that they were only hearing one part of it and when they started deliberating only the tape with both sides of the conversation would go back with them. JMHO

Sorry to quote my own post but I just checked on the legal thread and AZlawyer says they don't get the transcripts. He/she also stated it's not likely the judge would allow them to see them but would ask the jurors to rely on their memories and notes.

I certainly didn't mean to mislead anyone. Humble apology!

Still seems strange to me though. There was A LOT of testimony! Glad I'm not having to rely on my memory for all that!

I wonder if Arias wrote Nurmi's script and that's why the comment that he didn't like her, 9 times out 10. Nurmi, imho, probably knew he was going to make a fool of himself for Arias, even lie. I would have detested her, she probably threatened to tattle on them. As much as I cannot stand the DT, can you imagine having to deal with Jodi. JW looked like she's aged so much, Nurmi put on some weight fast.

Arias invading JW's personal space like she did, not a sign of a battered woman and especially, a child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d_z