Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another top bizarre DT moment: when, after juror Q's to ALV, JW lost it, cackling and dropping papers everywhere and JSS had to call a 10 minute recess for her to compose herself.

True. I think from her two days of interrogation with Flores and Lady Detective, she figured out that the police and the family wanted the details. Like how and why the murder happened. They almost begged her to tell the truth so the family could have some peace. She realized then this is the only power and control she will ever have over this whole situation. That only she knows exactly how, why and what truly happened. So to keep that control she will never tell the truth.
But through the blood I do think Juan got very close.

Good post.

And hey, I've been a Secretariat devotee since the year he won the triple crown. I'll never forget us all being huddled in the doctor's lounge, watching him win the Belmont the way he did. I've watched it since on YouTube and it still gives me chills!

I woke up early this morning and went and at on the porch with my dog and a cup of tea and just thought. I thought about the trial and the closings arguments and attempted to figure out why I am so sure that JA is guilty of first degree murder...

To me, it's the stabbing and the slit throat...I think that I could shoot someone if I felt threatened enough...but it would have to be a terrifying physical threat...I could even stab someone under the same circumstances. But only once, and I'd run like hell away as soon as I could and call 911 immediately.

I can't imagine hating someone so much that I could repeatedly stab them in the back, stab the back of their head, and cut their throat. It's incomprehensible.

And i don't believe that this thing, this JA, has forgotten one second of the murder. She revels in her memories.

And that's why I'm glad the jurors didn't really start deliberating yesterday and will start fresh on Monday. I hope that each one of them has some quiet time this weekend to do their own reflecting and get their thoughts in order...

:goodpost:

And nobody---NOBODY----drives around with 15 extra gallons of gas in their car!!!! Yes, there's no doubt on the gas cans.

Another thing I liked was the Priceline thing. Another blatant lie.

Also, I was so glad he managed to remind them about her rendezvous on the plane after TA's memorial service.

Is she a peach or what?

:moo:

The reason I don't like Priceline is, Sure you get better rates BUT you have to pay the moment you book it and you pay them not the company they got you the deal with!

Interesting too that she was affected as JM explained the stabbing, and how it happened, you could tell she was remembering it, yet when Nurmi talked about she tried to act affected. If jury paid attention to her at all it was clear which actually occurred. She also just can't get enough of those crime scene photos

Like a newlywed poring over her wedding album...

I cant wait to share the guilty of murder in the first degree verdict with you guys...

C'mon Monday!

:clap::loveyou:
:highfive::martini:
:justice:

I don't know where you live, but here in CA we amended our Constitution with Prop 8 (no not that one) that introduced a "right to truth in evidence". This means that state courts cannot exclude any "relevant evidence" even if gathered in a manner that violates the rights of the accused. Of course, the U.S. Constitution will prevail in search and seizure issues, but in CA criminal courts, generally, if it's relevant it's in. Prejudicial evidence has to be REALLY prejudicial to be excluded. :twocents:

In this case, what is the point of issuing a Miranda warning if the things said during an interrogation can't be used against you in a court of law? :confused: :facepalm: I get the Miranda warning, just ... annoying here.

In my opinion, justice suffers because her nonstop psycho babbling after being warned is too prejudicial.

Deep sigh.

Oh my gosh! I didn't remember this! Can the jurors read these transcripts?
She is done. Burned toast.

That is what she would have been had she wrecked with all that gas in her car!

I figured he didn't cross because there would be refuting that the gas can didn't get returned to the same WM. Now am not so sure what his reasoning is because of his objections and what amounts to lying in his closing..confused as usual.

I found that completely unethical for him to tell a lie directly to the jury. Witnesses are sworn in, I think attorneys should be as well.

QUOTE=ZsaZsa;9369403]Strategy.
She will use that as part of her appeal once sentenced. It wasn't her fault, it was his apathy that sunk her....[/QUOTE]

ITA ...As Juan stated...It is Never her Fault. She is just a Wildabeast. I don't know how she figured that her way would work best in a court of law.
Oh that's right she is smarter than everyone else.

I BELIEVE she will be convicted of murder 1. Am sending all energy and prayers for justice for Travis.

BELIEVE!!!!!

I can't help but to try to understand how she thought that she could slaughter Travis and get away with it. She really thought she was that smart, huh? It didn't even cross her mind how many people would be hurt behind her actions. I guess, in her mind, writing a letter and sending flowers would just patch everything up. What a psycho. Speaking of letters: Is that 18 page letter that she sent to the family available to read?

ETAs someone who endured DV for almost 20 years I will tell you straight out. Yes, I would have stabbed him if possible and I would have shot him, if possible. I will also tell you that once I did, in that moment that he was down, I would have ran and ran as fast as possible to get out of the house. I would have screamed and cried and screamed somemore, till someone anyone came to help. I would have screamed for help, yes for me! I would think he was still after me, yes I would. I would have ran out of there as fast as possible, been there and I know. I have never been able to overcome but that was what I was always thinking. Get out of there! Call the cops! Get help.

So, all of JA crap is all crap to me. Been there, can't go back.

...what's a girl to do?.....:floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Ya know, when JM did that, he proved that not only is he an intellectual giant but his wit is incredible too :)

I like how Juan explained that outside of where Travis was killed there was no blood. Nothing in the bedroom, closet, stairs, laundry room, bleach bottle. Yet Bell Arias was in a deep San Francisco fog. However, miraculously at some point in the desert she came around a bit and noticed that her hands had blood on them.

I wonder as each jury member ponders over the weekend, how many lies will come to mind, told by Bell Arias , under oath on the stand ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamapple