Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which also proves she cut her finger that day too. MOO

Well according to her she reopened the wound from the broken glass/metal edge from the restaurant she was working at called Margarittaville...wait no...Margaritta glasses at the restaurant she was actually working at. The small restaurant that doesn't adhere to health and safety codes.

Or no...was it cutting the green apple? Or dropping the glass at work...or was it the glass she dropped earlier in the day at Travis' house. Oh wait...it was the female Ninja who cut it......

Nevermind. :floorlaugh:

c46adac9e9fcc8fda7f04137532ba88f_normal.jpeg
Tweets Alyce LaViolette ‏@AlyceLaViolette 3h You know what... Nevermind. I'm speechless at this point. Probably putting end to this twitter non-sense soon.

Was this a tweet from Alyce LaToilette Unsure spelling:floorlaugh: I thought she said on the stand, she doesn't tweet, use a computer, etc.

My thoughts about this case are all over the map.

Without doubt, Jodi Arias is guilty. I do NOT believe that the crime could have been self defense or at least not entirely so and even if it were--there would have been an attempt to run out of the apartment crying for help--the sadistic gruesome tortuous killing of Travis shows overkill --which would NOT have been necessary if one was only involved in only saving themselves....she could have hurt/wounded him to disable him enough that she could have run away. I don't see any way around that.
However, my impressions of the prosecutions theory of premeditation is that they weren't really solid.......the oil cans could have been purchased and borrowed simply for use to protect her on a long journey. she didn't attempt to make her using said oil cans a secret--she borrowed from a close friend/former boyfriend and purchased a third at Walmart and kept the receipt.
Coloring her hair wasn't something that she kept secret either or to appear as a disguise--as would have wearing a wig. She could have easily been identified by its length and her other physical attributes. She had pics of herself in the new hair color and of course pics at the victims home with her new brunette "do". That piece of conjecture fell flat with me.

The two biggest pieces of evidence that point towards premeditation and criminal intent are the LICENSE PLATES and the MISSING GUN gun from her grandparents home. We don't know that the gun that was used at the crime scene is the one that was stolen from her grandparents home, but it is very suspicious. I couldn't go with murder one on that suspicion alone though.
The license plates definitely are deviant and looking to avoid detection though.....and my BS detector went on over-drive with the story that she told Ryan about some kids playing with it and that she had "found" it on the ground and thought it was her own.
While I think it is generally in poor taste to have anything to unkind to say about the departed, I do think that Travis was "abusive" and hypocritical though...however in no way did he deserve what happened to him. He was a player --a major flirt and a two timer, etc....they were involved in a sexual relationship that was a bit kinky and had shades of BDSM....most women Jodi's age have had a rotten boyfriend though--many women have engaged in sexual activity with a guy hoping that it would win them love and/or just because they like it. Jodi was a willing participant and even acknowledged that the act of tying her to a tree and putting it up her rear was "so debasing....and SHE **LIKED** IT" That sounds like a dominant submissive relationship to a degree.... I don't like Jodi Arias...she is not a sympathetic person, but I also don't like for women to be shamed about their sexuality while the man is just sewing his wild oats. He procured the relationship with her--gave her lots of mixed messages and was ambivalent about giving her up...after all, he said himself on the phone that he was making her his number one priority on his upcoming trip. She wasn't his stalker....(even if she was a jealous girlfriend and did idiotic stupid crap that jealous females do- he made her doubt and she was right--he was cheating) and he wasn't afraid of her.......if he did he would have reported it to the police. The most I can make out of their relationship is that is was immature and toxic. Neither one was getting what they wanted entirely out of it and neither one was willing to let it go either.
Was there only ONE gun shot? There never was any discussion of a possible struggle with the gun and other shots going off--I have only read of the one gun shot--which struck me as odd--and if it was first and she proceeded to torture him with the knife then she is beyond evil..
I also agree with one of the the above posts as well that said that the defense point that she didn't take him out immediately makes her mission to kill (First Degree) seem not as plausible.

My guess is that she is going to be found guilty of Murder 2/ manslaughter.

About the bolded portions:
[the oil cans could have been purchased and borrowed simply for use to protect her on a long journey. she didn't attempt to make her using said oil cans a secret--she borrowed from a close friend/former boyfriend and purchased a third at Walmart and kept the receipt]

There is no reason to assume you are going to run out of gas on the highway between Los Angeles and Mesa. There are 24 hr truck stops and gas stations at nearly every exit along the route. And who needs 15 gallons of gas to prevent running out? That is a full tank and a half of gas. Besides, her FIRST story about the gas cans was that she wanted to save money by purchasing it in cheaper stations outside of California--and she did just the opposite.
And if she was so worried about being stranded, why didn't she look for her phone charger or replace it so she did not drive alone all night without a working phone? You don't find it odd that she 'lost' her charger as she was about to enter Arizona, and she 'found' it just as she left Arizona?

She kept her pile of receipts for two main reasons---to have a paper trail placing her in California and Utah and Nevada---but none placing her in Arizona.
She did not keep the gas cans a secret at first because she did not realize their implications, nor did she understand what a genius the prosecutor was. Yet.

["he was cheating/ he was a major flirt and a two timer..."]

He was not 'cheating' because they were already broken up. And even when she snooped and hacked his accounts when they were dating, he was never caught cheating. All she found was him 'talking' to other girls. So what.

Do you realize that they only dated for 5 months and never lived in the same state while they were dating? This relationship never really got off the ground. Once he realized she was being so obsessive and strange, he cut it off and broke up with her. AND THEN she moved to Mesa. They continued to be friends with benefits, by mutual consent. So he had the freedom to flirt or date anyone he wanted to.

[ and he wasn't afraid of her.....if he did he would have reported it to the police......].

Then she was not afraid of him either, because she never reported him to the police.

Do you believe her claims of pedophilia and violence against her. Because I do not. I think she is a pathological liar and made those accusations up, years later to try and escape the Death Penalty.

I also agree with one of the the above posts as well that said that the defense point that she didn't take him out immediately makes her mission to kill (First Degree) seem not as plausible.

She could not take him out immediately. His room mate was still home. And once the roomie left, her DNA was all over Travis, so she needed him to shower before she killed him, or her DNA would be left behind.

And I suppose she had an emergency first aid kit in that rental car trunk too? Didn't she show up at Ryan's with her finger bandaged? Wonder if she wrapped that up at Travis' house before she left? I don't think I recall any of her blood being found anywhere other than the palm print?

I bet she had to stop somewhere to get bandages (no one called it a "Band-Aid"- must have been gauze bandaga?) and to buy a long sleeved top to cover her cuts.

AWWWWWW so cute. His name is?? My first grandchild was born on 5th of April, named Jayce Parker.

I'm jumping the gun here. But when it comes time for the victim impact statements, I hope JA has to sit there and listen, with no paper or pencils on the table in front of her.

would like to thank everyone for the prayers and well wishes...now...let me introduce to you our newest little websleuths.....my grandson.... <3

OMG too cute! Congratulations!!

Was this a tweet from Alyce LaToilette Unsure spelling:floorlaugh: I thought she said on the stand, she doesn't tweet, use a computer, etc.

Yes, she said she didn't use email either but in her first tweet she indicates tweeting is more complicated than gmail. She lies.

I have a hard time remembering a lot of things JA has said... aka lied about... in this trial, but that is one thing I distinctly remember her saying and haven't forgotten. Hopefully the jury hasn't either.

As JM so eloquently states, "with the truth, you ain't got to remember nothing." lol

I would really like to know what she did to make him so upset to send her those texts telling her that she was evil and the worst thing that ever happened to him because I think that was the end. It was right after that that she made her plan to kill him. He was either going to take her on that trip or she was going to kill him. And even after a day of sex, he still wouldn't take her to Cancun instead of Mimi. Jodi thought that Travis might even marry Mimi, not realizing that Mimi just saw him as a friend.

Not that all men are pervs, but I do think that most men let the woman in the relationship draw the line in the sand about how far things will go and how kinky they will go. With her, that line in the sand was just about non existant. I believe that he was growing tired of feeling bad and wrong about what they were doing and wanted to break up with her totally.

I also don't think that he let her in the house that fateful day. I think she snuck into his house while he was sleeping and he awoke to some sex already happening (if you know what I mean... if you ever saw the movie Single White Female, you know what I mean). The reason I think that is because of those texts that he sent, saying he never wanted to see her again. Seems like whatever she did to upset him was bad enough that he never wanted to see her again. So having a day of sex after that seems off to me.

I think you are SO right! I bet she snuck in through the doggie door, went upstairs and started performing o*** sex on him. She turned the story around. She had him where she wanted him but little did he know what she had planned!

I could have sworn there was "a baby" icon/smiley thingy on here, but I cannot find it.

My thoughts about this case are all over the map.

Without doubt, Jodi Arias is guilty. I do NOT believe that the crime could have been self defense or at least not entirely so and even if it were--there would have been an attempt to run out of the apartment crying for help--the sadistic gruesome tortuous killing of Travis shows overkill --which would NOT have been necessary if one was only involved in only saving themselves....she could have hurt/wounded him to disable him enough that she could have run away. I don't see any way around that.
However, my impressions of the prosecutions theory of premeditation is that they weren't really solid.......the oil cans could have been purchased and borrowed simply for use to protect her on a long journey. she didn't attempt to make her using said oil cans a secret--she borrowed from a close friend/former boyfriend and purchased a third at Walmart and kept the receipt. No need for gas cans on this journey, there are plenty of gas stations. She wanted to appear she'd never been in Arizona. And the ones borrowed from her boyfriend weren't discovered immediately.
Coloring her hair wasn't something that she kept secret either or to appear as a disguise--as would have wearing a wig. She could have easily been identified by its length and her other physical attributes. She had pics of herself in the new hair color and of course pics at the victims home with her new brunette "do". That piece of conjecture fell flat with me. The haircoloring was done on her journey. Everyone in AZ knew her as a blonde. Noone was supposed to see the pic of her on her phone. You have to put that together with the other pieces of premed.

The two biggest pieces of evidence that point towards premeditation and criminal intent are the LICENSE PLATES and the MISSING GUN gun from her grandparents home. We don't know that the gun that was used at the crime scene is the one that was stolen from her grandparents home, but it is very suspicious. I couldn't go with murder one on that suspicion alone though.
The license plates definitely are deviant and looking to avoid detection though.....and my BS detector went on over-drive with the story that she told Ryan about some kids playing with it and that she had "found" it on the ground and thought it was her own.
While I think it is generally in poor taste to have anything to unkind to say about the departed, I do think that Travis was "abusive" and hypocritical though...however in no way did he deserve what happened to him. He was a player --a major flirt and a two timer, etc....they were involved in a sexual relationship that was a bit kinky and had shades of BDSM....most women Jodi's age have had a rotten boyfriend though--many women have engaged in sexual activity with a guy hoping that it would win them love and/or just because they like it. Jodi was a willing participant and even acknowledged that the act of tying her to a tree and putting it up her rear was "so debasing....and SHE **LIKED** IT" That sounds like a dominant submissive relationship to a degree.... I don't like Jodi Arias...she is not a sympathetic person, but I also don't like for women to be shamed about their sexuality while the man is just sewing his wild oats. He procured the relationship with her--gave her lots of mixed messages and was ambivalent about giving her up...after all, he said himself on the phone that he was making her his number one priority on his upcoming trip. She wasn't his stalker....(even if she was a jealous girlfriend and did idiotic stupid crap that jealous females do- he made her doubt and she was right--he was cheating) and he wasn't afraid of her.......if he did he would have reported it to the police. You don't think slashing his tires and peeping in his windows, hacking his accounts isn't stalking??? He flat out told people he was afraid of her and don't be surprised if he turned up dead. Many abused women don't go to the police either. The most I can make out of their relationship is that is was immature and toxic. Neither one was getting what they wanted entirely out of it and neither one was willing to let it go either. Noone here has *advertiser censored*-shamed Jodi. She claimed rape, sexual abuse, yet she was a willing participant. He was willing to let it go- he told her off 2 days before she stole the gun. He was done with her, he never seriously planned to visit her in California.
Was there only ONE gun shot? There never was any discussion of a possible struggle with the gun and other shots going off--I have only read of the one gun shot--which struck me as odd--and if it was first and she proceeded to torture him with the knife then she is beyond evil..

My guess is that she is going to be found guilty of Murder 2/ manslaughter.
My responses are in red.Murder 2 isn't on the table, she tried to plead guilty to that and the prosecutor denied it because it is premeditated Murder 1, nothing less.

just wanted to bump this. She is freaky. :eek:

Holy Cow, you forget all the creepiness after a while.

I've been wondering how we can find out all the mysteries. Do you think Shana Hogan's book will answer things about Gus, Daryl, etc?

BTW - what were they thinking putting the picture of Daryl's "hands" up during closing arguments...?

How in the world after everything we've seen, do people still believe this **** is only going to get second degree?! That could mean with time served, she could be out in 5 years on the low end in Arizona.

I've seen multiple posts here to that effect. Unreal. :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member