Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm leaving my porch light on for Travis and family since I can't physically attend the candlelight vigil for him today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Seems as if the majority of women like to kill their intimate partners in a more up close and personal way:

stats_zps3ccaa466.png

Source: bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

WOW, that blows my mind. When I think about it though, I'm much less comfortable with a gun than Mr. Me is. The same goes for my daughters & their spouses.

I pray she gets 1st degree murder. However, I do not support the death penalty & hope she gets life w/o parole. I'm trying to stay positive, but part of me thinks it's more likely to be murder 2, it only needs 1 juror to hold out. Whatever the verdict, JA's life is over, look at Casey Anthony, villified & despised, her only supporters weirdos who will argue anything if it's against the popular view.

the trial out of concern for the process and ensuring the trial would not need to be repeated. I have criticized her for being, perhaps, a little too afraid but I don't know the hot button issues that cause successful appeals in AZ nor the makeup of their appellate courts so she likely knows better than I do.

But, i have never thought she was a stupid person. Far from it and she had no problem dealing with Alyce when the need arose. I doubt she harbors any sympathy for this defendant. If anything, she may be even more disgusted by her than we are.

JSS has been flexible to the DT with them presenting their case. However as soon as they've gone for yet another ridiculous mistrial, she's really told them as she sees it. I don't know how much The Court gets to speak about JA but when she does, I think we'll see JSS has the full measure of JA.

I think she would give life in prison without parole.

Does anyone know the Judge's record on sentencing on other cases? I know this is her first DP case. I just wondered if she tended towards leniency or not. TIA

I can't help wonder if the DP could turn her into a martyr for the lunatics who support her. Out of respect for the family though, I'll always defer. If they and the State want her dead, she's certainly earned it. :twocents: BBM

I hate quoting movies but this line reminds me of "Elizabeth" and one of my favorite exchanges between the insufferably arrogant 4th Duke of Norfolk and Queen Elizabeth's Machiavellian Wallsingham

Sir Francis Walsingham: Your Grace is arrested. You must go with these men to the Tower.

Norfolk: I must do nothing by your orders. I am Norfolk!

Sir Francis Walsingham: You were Norfolk.

Sir Francis Walsingham: [shows him his own signature on the treasonous letter from Rome]

Sir Francis Walsingham: The dead have no titles.

Walsingham: You were the most powerful man in England. And you could have been greater still, but you had not the courage to be loyal, only the conviction of your own vanity.

Norfolk: So cut off my head, and make me a martyr. The people will always remember it.

Walsingham: No... they will forget.

Now I when I watch this movie I will think of the insufferably arrogant Jodi Arias and her fate.

:)

I believe it was the 9mm gun that was strapped to the engine block in the second rental car...the gun that Sandy Arias asked Det. Flores about. They didn't find the gun until Sandy asked about it and told them they could find it in the rental, which had already been returned, IIRC.

I don't know if how the camera was discovered was ever discussed, although Jodi testified her aunt found it in the grandfather's truck...I think....

JMO based on memory.

WHO would think to strap a gun in the engine? Is this a widely known hiding place? I wonder where she got that idea or if she has used this spot to hide other things!

Does anyone know the Judge's record on sentencing on other cases? I know this is her first DP case. I just wondered if she tended towards leniency or not. TIA

That's a good question. She seems so milquetoast I can't picture her giving a death sentence as is needed in this case.

WHO would think to strap a gun in the engine? Is this a widely known hiding place? I wonder where she got that idea or if she has used this spot to hide other things!

Someone hoping to go through a border crossing?
:banghead:

Sangrita

INGREDIENTS

32 ounces tomato juice
2 cups fresh orange juice
1 cup Tequila (recommended: Herradura Blanco)
1 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup agave juice
5 dashes hot pepper sauce: (Tabasco)
2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon kosher salt
Lime wedged and sliced, for garnish and moistening glass rim

DIRECTIONS

Combine into a pitcher the tomato juice, orange juice, tequila, lime juice, agave, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper. Stir to combine, cover and refrigerate.

In a shallow bowl or plate, combine the smoked paprika and salt. Moisten the rim of the glass with a lime wedge, and dip into the paprika-salt mixture. Put ice into a glass, and pour the mixture over and garnish with a lime slice.

It is encouraging. Although, that 4% scares me. :scared::scared: Must be the population of a certain page that I don't visit.

If you took a poll of percentage of people who believe 2 buildings fell down on 9/11, 4% would probably say no.

I truly pray it doesn't take long Monday morning. I don't know if my nerves can make it days. The poor Alexander family and friends. Jodi deserves the death penalty for her premeditated slaughter of Travis!

A woman I know warned that the jury may not come back straight away and it has nothing to do with being "hung up" over manslaughter or 1st or 2nd.

She said:

I totally agree. Look at all of us hashing and rehashing. As exhausted as they all must be of that courthouse, I really think
MUST discuss this case and commiserate and go over the evidence just so they can each express their collective horror and disgust. Who else is there to hash all of this stuff out with other than each other and hate on her for her heinous acts??

And each probably wants to get their opinion of how stupid/dumb/ridiculous/evil, etc Jodi behaved and to discuss Travis' family, Jodi's family, the testimony of the witnesses and just dig into fertile ground.

WE all want to keep talking about it so imagine how long they've waited to do just that?

Jodi is toast. They just want to get it all out of their systems.

JMO

The jury may also worry that if they come back too quickly it could be an appeal issue, saying the jury didn't follow instructions.

And we all KNOW Nurmi would be screaming, "Mistrial" at the top of his lungs! :drumroll:

That's a good question. She seems so milquetoast I can't picture her giving a death sentence as is needed in this case.
Wildabouttrial sometimes comments on previous cases being heard in the mornings and not once have I heard him say JSS was lenient on anyone. That said the article that's been posted a few times now that includes the stats of juries giving the DP in about 78% of cases and judges 14% is also worth a thought too IMO.
http://www.nlada.org/DMS/Documents/1106668066.47/0124deathjurors24.html

Hi all... Really wish I could've been able to follow this case with you! Story of my life, I'm always several days behind, but I'm trying to keep up. :waitasec: I'm still watching closings, and one thing I definitely haven't noticed is any chihuahua shaking going on ... I guess that only occurs on opening statements!!! Geesh, this girl is a liar... Here's to a guilty verdict of murder 1... :toast:

I think they should be able to request transcripts of the trial. It's gone on for how many days/months...how could anyone remember every detail?

Edited to add: No snark towards you, Midnight Meddler.

From my understanding, the reason for no transcripts is because you need to remember the demeanor and how they spoke. The words alone leave a lot to the imagination. In the murder trial I served as a juror I was really surprised at our jury team. No matter what question came up, somebody had made note of it. Once their notes were read it helped the rest of us to recall that moment of testimony in our own memories.

A have a question that maybe some of you can clear up for me. The other night on Dr. Drew, Sky Hughes indicated they had poured over Travis's emails twice but could find no indication as to what prompted the May 26th email to JA. I would have to believe the police immediately took possession of his computer. If that being the case, how did they have access to Travis's emails? We know she had his journals because she was ordered by to turn them over after her deposition. TIA for any input on this.

the trial out of concern for the process and ensuring the trial would not need to be repeated. I have criticized her for being, perhaps, a little too afraid but I don't know the hot button issues that cause successful appeals in AZ nor the makeup of their appellate courts so she likely knows better than I do.

But, i have never thought she was a stupid person. Far from it and she had no problem dealing with Alyce when the need arose. I doubt she harbors any sympathy for this defendant. If anything, she may be even more disgusted by her than we are.
The only thing that bothered me and AZLawyer said as much, was all the sidebars and in chambers hearings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larney