Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Prosecutor has the "final say" so to speak, but any good prosecutor would take the family's wishes into deep consideration.

I live in Indiana so it may not be relevant, but years ago, when I pressed charges against my ex for battery, they consulted me about a plea bargain, which would have lowered the charge to a Class A Misdemeanor. I said no. I think ultimately it was not my choice, but I liked the fact that they consulted me, prior to making a final decision. He now has a Class D Felony on his record, because if you batter the same victim, more than once, at least in Indiana, it it is categorized as habitual, and therefore becomes a Felony. Keep in mind this was many years ago, and the CJS is constantly evolving.

Originally Posted by kscornfed
Did you love her saying that when JM asked her about
rubbing herself all over Ryan Byrnes?
Keepin' it classy, as always!!
^^THIS^^ is one of the most chilling and IMO very telling points made in this trial with Arias on the stand...

IMO she is so pure, as in she is so very much the epitome of what is sociopathic..she is so very completely unaware that these words spoken on the stand are just so overwhelmingly inappropriate and extremely telling of her true psyche...and yet she's IMO completely 100% unaware of the flashing neon signs that alert warning to every one of us that the mouth from which they came is not anything at all like you and me..and that very literally the human-like qualities begin and end with the outer esthetics of this creature..with the inner make up and core being completely alien and foreign to us in every way, especially in lacking of a soul, conscience, or any type of a moral compass whatsoever..

Jodi's nonchalantly speaking those words, " well, I was single." In response to Juan's questioning her about having IMMEDIATELY THEREAFTER she slaughtered and killed Travis 3 times over in the utmost of brutal and horrific ways..immediately after her carrying out such a heinous, vicious slaughtering of Travis she simply hops back in her rental car and speeds off to her newest Morman boy-toy with whom she rolls, grinds, and adjusts in his love sack... Again this sexual, flirtacious behavior with Ryan Burns is immediately after she just slaughtered viciously a man whom she claimed to love so very much..yet within mere hours she's sexually hot and heavy with Ryan Burns in his love sack.. And what is Jodi Arias' reply or response when the prosecutor asks her about it on the stand, under oath, while she is being tried for this first degree, premeditated murder???

With complete and utter nonchalance, in the most blasé manner imaginable Jodi Arias' simple reply to the prosecutor was, "Well, I was single."

Sociopathy, my friends.. This IMO without doubt is typical sociopathy.. Jodi Arias is absolutely a sociopath...IMO that's just a fact that I have zero doubt about...jmo

Hi Katie!! :seeya:

Thanks for your input! As always, your heart is in the right place. Take it from some one who knows. I have walked in the Alexanders shoes. My brother & his wife were brutally murdered by her uncle. You can bet your bottom dollar that JM discussed this deal with the family & they refused. The DA has to keep them informed of ALL offers. We offered Berry Hall LWOP to avoid a lengthy trial & he refused. We as a family, didn't want the DP, because his family had lost a family member as well also. They were murdered in 2008 and we finally got justice in 2012. On the way home from the sentencing we saw a double rainbow. That's all I needed to see, to know that Alan & Lisa were thanking us. Thanks again for your insight & wonderful posts. :)

Having followed a few trials with you Tulessa I see you have a wonderful sympathetic heart.

My avatar is in memory of Tori Stafford - a little girl who was brutally murdered and raped in a sad, horrific crime that was badly handled. In the end, justice was done (as far as it could be on this earth).

Yes - I would defend someone being abused. Always. Mostly, I believe in justice - for everyone.

Part of that justice means fairness to the accused. As hard as that can be sometimes.

No - Travis doesn't deserve to have his memory abused. But he wasn't a perfect man (is there such a thing?) - and the details of his relationship with Jodi are part of justice because they are part of the truth.

Attributing false statements to what happened in order to rile up anger against his murderer is, to my mind, the opposite of justice.

False statements? I have missed some posts then. JM was as honest as they come and I have the utmost respect for him. Nurmi? Not so much! He did what he had to do to keep her from getting the needle. Sadly, I don't think it was enough.

Ready for this? Here is JA's big project for DV. All proceeds from the shirts go to Long Beach Women’s Shelter & Reach Beyond Domestic Violence. Being sold on pro Jodi site. There are no words

x3mtt.jpg

Gag! Does ALV have any connection with the Long Beach Women's Shelter?

Having followed a few trials with you Tulessa I see you have a wonderful sympathetic heart.

I must admit that you are one of my favorite posters, and I pay extra attention to your posts. They always make so much sense! :blushing:

I am so sorry, lvcarolina girl. Do you know there is a WS thread on the case?
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194181&highlight=kenneth+cutter

I will try to pay attention to her case now. Thanks for sharing this very sad story. ((((((hug you)))))

I did not know there was a thread. Thanks. I have mainly been here on this thread wanting to see justice through to the end for Travis. Kim's proceedings are slow going at this point. Waiting out her justice will be my main venture after this one.

Do the jurors return to court tomorrow at 9:00 their time to continue with deliberation and then start their new schedule they picked after that (if they need more time after tomorrow)?

WHY she did it is the bottom line. Is it a subject of curiosity? Sure. But I said earlier that trying to evaluate actions in a person like Jodi is almost impossible anyway. And, legally, it is completely irrelevant.

Who can possibly think like her which you would need to do to understand "motive"? That's why Nurmi's closing was so ineffective. Trying to equate her actions with those of a normal person is never going to be persuasive so his arguments about why she would do this or that if she really meant to kill him are just white noise and irrelevant and bear in no way on the only important element, premeditation.

This is really about about just the basic facts. You need to throw out the psychological mumbo jumbo and just focus on what happened. That's all you need and all that's relevant to premeditated murder.

Not even the sequence of events matters. Whatever came first she proceeded to murder him two additional times. There is NO legal justification whether self-defense, battered woman, heat of passion, super-fog or otherwise that excuses or diminishes the premeditation element that is all that is necessary for Murder 1.

Hopefully the preceding makes sense. I did a 24 hr fast and ended it as we had longstanding dinner plans and I started with wine and hadn't eaten for all those hours so...bear with me here as we just sent our company on their merry way. None of them know anything about this trial or have even heard of Jodi Arias (the perils of living in a small NE college town), thus my need to check back in here with like minded obsessives.

I will very respectfully disagree with you on your post. Here is why... Who did it is FAR more important than why they did it. Although motive is great to have, legally it is not required to obtain a verdict (that is law, not just my opinion).

I also watched the entire trial and all of the elements needed to prove 1st degree premeditated murder are there: That is all you need for a conviction.

1. Her DNA, palm print, hair and photos prove that SHE committed the crime.

2. Crime scene photos, victim photos, autopsy photos clearly show WHAT was done to the victim.

3. Cover-up was proven by clean up of the scene, clean up of herself, putting the dog behind a fence and locking the bedroom door, cleaning and repositioning of the corpse, deletion of the photos, towels and camera bleached in washing machine, fake phone call to Travis later that day, alibi of Ryan Burns, lied, lied, lied and acted (very successfully) like nothing was wrong to everybody she knew.

4. Premeditation elements proven by rental car 90 miles away, gas cans, hair color change, phone turned off entire time in AZ, license plate... She kept a meticulous track of everything she did everywhere EXCEPT AZ... That was deliberate, regardless of what the defense argues. BUT, even if you choose to consider all of those items as coincidence (which is an enormous mental feat)... then you need to consider this extremely important point:

Premeditation can happen in seconds. It does not require a plan. The act of her going from gun to knife is proof alone that she KNEW she would kill him. Again, Juan laid this out brilliantly in closing... everybody knows a slash to the neck will kill someone. She didn't stop there (or begin there). She stabbed him in the heart with a KNIFE. She shot him in the head with a GUN. The few minutes it took to commit this crime and change weapons is PREMEDITATION. That has been proven.

The ONLY way you can legally not find her guilty of 1st degree premeditated murder with all of these factors shown and proven in court, is to believe her story that she "accidently" shot him with his gun that she thought was unloaded, that she obtained from his closet in the midst of a struggle that oh by the way was completely pristine after the crime, and that she blacked out and doesn't remember the stabbing or cleaning or driving or lying for hours after. It defies logic.

So with all due respect, no... motive doesn't matter here. (Although, I firmly believe it was laid out very well during the trial).

We all wish we had clear answers as to why people do what they do, because it's not comfortable to believe that such evil exists in this world. Sadly, it does and history has proven that.

Please don't get caught up in the "weeds" as they say. Focus on the facts of the case and a more clear picture will emerge for you.

Thanks for listening to my side of things :)

Chris Hughes is so wonderfully caring...Travis was a lucky man to have him in his corner!

Do the jurors return to court tomorrow at 9:00 their time to continue with deliberation and then start their new schedule they picked after that (if they need more time after tomorrow)?

9:30 AZ time

The prosecutor takes the case to a grand jury, which issues an indictment. The decision to go for the DP is usually made by a committee at the DA's office, not an individual prosecutor, and especially not a prosecutor who is not the head DA (or County Attorney, as they are called in AZ). The prosecutor's office is not going to waste time or resources "routinely" going for the DP unless it believes it has a good chance of prevailing. I don't know where you are getting your beliefs about Mr. Martinez from, but they are not correct.

I agree.

IF it is shown that a majority of Juan's cases are Death Penalty, it is because he is a GOOD prosecutor who is trusted with the most difficult cases.

Kinda reminds me of the Dr Drew debate: Some say, what a crummy Dr! Look how many of his patients die!
The other side of that coin is that Dr Drew is working with a VERY difficult disease of drug and alcohol addiction and is often given the hardest cases. (Plus I am sure he has worked with THOUSANDS of addicts and we only see the few that have been on his show over a few seasons.)

Yes they do

Yes. I'm in AZ...I will have coffee ready for you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth