Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
I can just picture the jurors in deliberations...
"WTF was Nurmi talking about? Did someone come out of the closet during this trial?"

(I am NOT saying anyone is gay or even implying it! I am only saying they have to be scratching their heads trying to figure out what the heck he was talking about!):floorlaugh:

Let's hope the jurors are sluths and figure it out for themselves. If they do, that means they are able to read between the lines and will figure out many of the things that were withheld from them during the trial and come up with that 1st degree verdict we all want so badly. :seeya:

I'm listening to Chris Hughes on Tricia's radio show right now & though I've been critical of he & Sky (on some issues), one thing can't be denied, he LOVES Travis. It's SO clear in every word he says, in the stories he's telling..the passion shines through and I'll NEVER fault him for that. He's giving me goosebumps.

In Tasmania, the tiny island state south east of the Australian mainland, we are praying, and waiting with you. I have been wearing a blue paperclip all day.Hoping for a quick verdict now. (And wishing I didn't have to work tomorrow so I could stay up tonight, and "be" with you all!)
Justice for Travis and his family!

Agree to disagree. JA loves all this attention she's getting. She's the star and loves it. No shaking from JA ever, that I've seen.

Saw her doing a 'throat cutting' gesture to JM though.
Jodi Arias Cut Throat Motion or Scratch? - YouTube

She's graduated from flipping the bird to NG to cutting JM's throat. Very eerie considering things. From you or me it might not be so bad but from her, after what she did, that is an out and out threat.

Let's hope the jurors are sluths and figure it out for themselves. If they do, that means they are able to read between the lines and will figure out many of the things that were withheld from them during the trial and come up with that 1st degree verdict we all want so badly. :seeya:
Respectfully, I'd prefer they didn't speculate about what they didn't hear in trial--that kind of thinking could lead a jury down the wrong path and/or cause them to spin their wheels. The evidence they have in front of them, the testimony and the photos of Travis after he was slaughtered by Jodi are more than enough to convict her.

In Tasmania, the tiny island state south east of the Australian mainland, we are praying, and waiting with you. I have been wearing a blue paperclip all day.Hoping for a quick verdict now. (And wishing I didn't have to work tomorrow so I could stay up tonight, and "be" with you all!)

Wow! Tasmania! Travis has touched your heart half way around the world. I hope his family sees this. I know they would be so grateful for your prayers. Thank you for posting.

I wish you could stay up, too. I'd love to hear about your island state.:seeya:

I'm listening to Chris Hughes on Tricia's radio show right now & though I've been critical of he & Sky (on some issues), one thing can't be denied, he LOVES Travis. It's SO clear in every word he says, in the stories he's telling..the passion shines through and I'll NEVER fault him for that. He's giving me goosebumps.

Me too...listening to it only know.

Agree with you......you can hear the passion in his voice!!

Truth MUST prevail over LIES!!!

lies-truth.jpg

I watched the Nancy Grace special last nite on this case and she was describing the injuries that Travis had received ...when she descibed his throat being slashed, Nancy used the exact hand movement that ja used in the clip we have of ja in the courtroom.

It was so creepy. Am sure this NG special was made before the gesture by ja was revealed.

Respectfully, I'd prefer they didn't speculate about what they didn't hear in trial--that kind of thinking could lead a jury down the wrong path and/or cause them to spin their wheels. The evidence they have in front of them, the testimony and the photos of Travis after he was slaughtered by Jodi are more than enough to convict her.

I guess I worded that wrong. I meant that I can see why a juror would wonder why such a big deal was made out of 2 or 3 gas cans, her hair color, the upside down license plate, etc.. And why the phone sex tape was played so often and did they even notice that Nurmi only played Travis' side of the conversation. Things that may have not seemed important at the time but are really important pieces of the puzzle.

No, I don't want them to speculate either. Certainly don't want the verdict overturned down the road.

I agree with you. I was very disheartened to read the story about Travis's memorial with the headline "RIVERSIDE: Graveside vigil held for man killed by Jodi Arias" That was wrong. Travis is much more then the man killed by Jodi Arias and his name should be remembered long after she is locked up on death row. I hope after the verdict is read and the sentencing is handed down that there is no reason to ever hear that name again but I will think of Travis often and mourn what was lost and celebrate what was and know that he will live forever in the hearts of his family and those whose lives he touched.
I recorded a special report about the case that CNN aired this weekend. The longer that I watched, the more I came to realize how utterly sick I am of hearing about Jodi--her story, her tale of woe, her so-called victimhood, and all her darn lies--before, during, after the murder, her attempts to destroy Travis's reputation and good name, and her outrageous behavior while on trial--a death penalty case no less. I hope that after she's convicted, someone will tell the story from Travis's perspective.

Wow so glad you are here with us. Tasmania is the most amazing, beautiful, interesting place that I have ever been. The folks were lovely, the seafood was the best that I have ever eaten, the gardens were gorgeous. Love love love Tasmania.

I guess I worded that wrong. I meant that I can see why a juror would wonder why such a big deal was made out of 2 or 3 gas cans, her hair color, the upside down license plate, etc.. And why the phone sex tape was played so often and did they even notice that Nurmi only played Travis' side of the conversation. Things that may have not seemed important at the time but are really important pieces of the puzzle.

No, I don't want them to speculate either. Certainly don't want the verdict overturned down the road.
What you've said makes perfect sense and all those things add up to PREMEDITATION.

iirc it was after the tape of TA shooting guns that hall gave to hln, nurmi made a motion to subpena for the tape and that was when hall was put on the witness list, but i guess since they didn't use the tape, the didn't need hall as a witness to explain the tape

Not that it matters much by now, but I am appalled by how Jodi and the defense team were allowed to get away with so much nonsense and unprofessionalism inside and outside of the courtroom.

-Weve seen outrageous gestures and actions in the courtroom (laughing, smirking, flipping birds, etc.).

-Weve had friends of DT witnesses laughing and cheering on their witness and even admitted to by the witness.

-Weve had tweets alleged from the defendent with put downs of the prosecuter

-Weve had the defendent working with someone to sell merchandise for profit and she is the one accused of the murder. It seems laws were written to try to prevent this sort of thing.

-Weve had lying on the stand and proven to be lies by both defendent and their witnesses

-Weve had purposeful delaying of the trial (years before it starts, mystery headaches, mystery schedule problems with witnesses, etc.)

-Weve had a ton of taxpayer money spent (milllions) and some would say a very poor job for all that money spent

The list goes on and on. All I can say is I am very disappointed there was not more control of the courtroom and the DT in this case. There was a total lack of control. And even in a DP case, there needs to be a certain level of control. This has been a circus IMO.

Antsy, restless, leg shaking energy as I wait, wait, wait for the morning to come.

:countsheep:

This is incredible to me -- so many of us all over the world just waiting, waiting -- to hear about the just verdict for a man we did not know personally, but has touched all of us in so many good ways.

It is after 3 am on the east coast here in the USA and I cannot sleep, have not eaten all day, and am so anxious about tomorrow -- I do not get this worked up and care about something not so personal to me -- this is how Travis and his family have affected me -- I just bought a book on kindle to read for the rest of the night and probably until deliberations begin tomorrow -- and Travis and his family will continue to be in my prayers and my positive intentions for a just outcome soon --

I watched the Nancy Grace special last nite on this case and she was describing the injuries that Travis had received ...when she descibed his throat being slashed, Nancy used the exact hand movement that ja used in the clip we have of ja in the courtroom.

It was so creepy. Am sure this NG special was made before the gesture by ja was revealed.

Bingo !!

I was always going to point out on here THAT the throat slash is just below the chin....not like the THROAT MID-SECTION SLASH. The way JA has her hand in those vids (motion of a slash) while sitting at the DT....It is NOTED where she makes the action, is right about where TA throat WAS slashed.

Normally, if you ask a person to make a pretend slash motion on their neck, they would put their hand about midsection area (like the area of the ADAM APPLE). Yet JA slash was closer to the chin.

So when JA makes these types of gesture in Court at her DT....IT IS ABOUT THE EXACT SAME AREA TA WAS SLASHED. Under the chin, not at the adam apple (mid-section) area.

Thought I would throw this out there too....

Truth.png

Oh wow!! I wanted to move there this year .. I'd nearly convinced DH and his parents to do it (they're elderly and live with us) .. Richmond is my spiritual home :) I'm glad to see so many people from Australia here. Court is over by around 9am our time .. just sayin' :)

Bingo !!

I was always going to point out on here THAT the throat slash is just below the chin....not like the THROAT MID-SECTION SLASH. The way JA has her hand in those vids (motion of a slash) while sitting at the DT....It is NOTED where she makes the action, is right about where TA throat WAS slashed.

Normally, if you ask a person to make a pretend slash motion on their neck, they would put their hand about midsection area (like the area of the ADAM APPLE). Yet JA slash was closer to the chin.

So when JA makes these types of gesture in Court at her DT....IT IS ABOUT THE EXACT SAME AREA TA WAS SLASHED. Under the chin, not at the adam apple (mid-section) area.

Thought I would throw this out there too....

Truth.png

Um, now I'm really :scared: I'm over here shaking like a chihuahua. EEP!

Oh wow!! I wanted to move there this year .. I'd nearly convinced DH and his parents to do it (they're elderly and live with us) .. Richmond is my spiritual home :) I'm glad to see so many people from Australia here. Court is over by around 9am our time .. just sayin' :)

I could do the math... I don't really want to.
What time is it in AUS? (now)

I saw that whole show and did not realize that was Jill. WOW That was a great episode and a well done show. I was first convinced the guy was guilty until they showed more of the interrogation. It is so sad when LE bullies people into admitting guilt.

Not sure how the victim ended up with alleged wounds that looked like stab wounds but those type of police tactics are inexusable. What is really sad is the LE person still thinks he did nothing wrong. The person was obviously not mentally able to handle that and he obviously did not know he could ask for a lawyer it seems. He was bullied into it and it was sad.

:seeya: Hatfield! I almost didn't recognize her either, but my eyes & ears perked up when I heard her name. Dr. Hayes had long blonde hair when she was on the stand in the JA trial, but had shorter (shoulder length), dark strawberry blonde hair on "Mystery Detectives"... very pretty! And I was impressed with her ability to recognize the coerced false confession. (Btw, the bullying LE officer really made me appreciate Det. Flores!)

About the victim's alleged "stab wounds" on his arm... It was briefly mentioned at the end of the show that those wounds were sustained when a boat propeller struck the victim post-mortem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove