Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 - part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I saw "Ganja Queen" on HBO. Interesting story. She def was a runner imo

Yes, did her story make it to Canada? I read this great book about her family and their history of organised drug trafficking to Bali and other places http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13045297-sins-of-the-father nearly everyone in Australia thinks she is guilty now, but we also think she was acting for her brother, and if the family had just kept quiet and paid a bribe at the time she would have been out years ago.

"she has been able to help other inmates with various things such as her singing for them, writing poems, doing drawings for them ..."

Is she friggin' serious? How is she sure that was helping, I think putting up with a all singing all dancing Jodi would make their time more torturous.

Something else to think about: Notice how the letter was from her mother, Sandy. Isn't it ironic that it wasn't from both mother and father??

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMi9MU7ojk0"]Jodi Arias Rap Song - YouTube[/ame]

No, I have gotten that before, if you were quoting a post, that post might have been removed. :dunno:

I think that's what happened. This person was complaining about another persons post, and I was responding to the person complaining. LOL, does that make sense?

We are just going to have to disagree on this point and that's OK - We all have different experiences in life and view things in different ways but JA is not a "normal" person. JA will never be "demoted" by anyone and she proved that to Travis Alexander, didn't she? She will never "get it"...She has a personality disorder that cannot be repaired with drugs or rehab or incarceration. Her entire being is to influence others. That's just my opinion...

That is cool! I don't mean to argue with you. I just think women in prison are different from women in jail. Hard core and will see right through her.
On death row she will be protected.
In gen pop she won't.
You are probably right but I can fantasies can't I?

Seriously- don't take it wrong. : )

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Im not speaking to the aspects of the Alexander family in your post. With all due respect Linask, that must be a CA thing as it relates to the statement "it is not up to the family". I was a victim of a violent crime and I was consulted and actually asked if my family and I were "okay" or found XYZ acceptable with every decision the prosecution made in relation to charges and prosecution of the perpetrator--maybe that is how they do things in Texas. IDK it is likely that each state is different

I'm watching a great movie called "The Tortured" about a couple that loses their son to murder from a sicko and they plot revenge on the killer instead of letting the courts sentence him to what is less than LWOP.

I'm not saying I agree with revenge, but I can sure understand this couple being portrayed in the movie right now. The movie did a good job of showing the awful grief that a murder victims family must go through.

IIRC, it states in JA's plea deal motion that she doesn't believe she would ever get DP. It states the "worst" she would get is LWOP and therefore, would feel no reason to accept any plea that included any life (w or w/o parole) offer.
She threatened to trash Travis unless they would agree to something less than a life sentence.
I don't blame Juan for not taking the plea. I don't blame the family for not taking the plea. I would sit through hell and back to see my loved ones murderer get the punishment she/he deserves. JMO

I think you're referring to a settlement conference memo, not a motion (although that's what it was called here.) That would have been a required submission to the court and would have called for the defense to put it's best case/defenses on the table to work TOWARD a compromise. The court encourages compromise whenever possible. She didn't "threaten" Travis' family She told the court, through her attorneys, what she would argue in her defense. That's what settlement conferences are for and that's what the settlement conference memos are supposed to reflect. Also, I noted that the memo specifically said that Travis' family did not care about what would come out at the trial. So not much of a "threat."

Tomorrow may go like this:

10am: Deliberation. They review prior day status, new opinions, etc.
12pm: Lunch
1pm: Jury reconvenes to deliberate
2pm: Jury reports to bailiff they have reached a verdict
2:30pm: court convenes and verdict is read (but since they're always late, it may take the court until 2:45 to round everyone up...hopefully the defendant does not have an 'illness' to cause delay)

I have no inside info, this is just my hunch.

OK - I have to go the post office tomorrow to mail my Mother's Day package and buy stamps for the couple of things that still have to be paid by mail. I'm not taking any chances - We will be back home by noon central.....

If I remember correctly the stains were described as "kool-aid" with no color named and the prosecution and the defense never bothered to follow up on getting a color. I was thinking lemon yellow, lime green, orange orange. Strange nobody cared what color the kool-aid stains were.......
Hmmm...I remember him saying that some of the seats were stained with what appeared to be red Kool-Aid. No floor mats and substantially more miles than he expected given she said she planned to use the car locally. Maybe I was in a fog. :)

If I remember correctly the stains were described as "kool-aid" with no color named and the prosecution and the defense never bothered to follow up on getting a color. I was thinking lemon yellow, lime green, orange orange. Strange nobody cared what color the kool-aid stains were.......

That is strange. Plus, if the seats and carpet were blood stained....it would have turned brown by the time the car was returned. Kool aid ain't brown unless there is a flavor I don't know about. If he would have said the stains looked like coffee or chocolate it would have made more sense that they may have been blood. I don't think she got any blood stains in the car. I'm pretty sure she cleaned herself up before she left the house - putting any bloody clothing in a plastic bag. I think she got rid of the mats just in case she left carpet fibers or something like that that could be linked back to Travis' house.

:floorlaugh: juror 10 hasn't dated any GIRLS since high school. :floorlaugh:

Staging. Plain ole cheap parlor trick staging. Deplorable HLN. :facepalm:
He's been saving himself for just the right psychopath!!!:floorlaugh:

Something else to think about: Notice how the letter was from her mother, Sandy. Isn't it ironic that it wasn't from both mother and father??

The letter talks about how ill her father is/was. I wouldn't have expected him to "sign on" under the circumstances.

Katy said on Dr. Drew earlier tonite that all the jurors seemed to be one unit or something like that and they were all on the elevator together. I noticed loud mouth Jean Casarez said earlier today that there was one juror that was a "lone wolf" and stayed to himself and went outside and sat on a bench by himself. Why does she do this? Trying to stir something up again?

Oh Jinka. The Lone Wolf guy I think is the one who smokes.

What does it say about a person, who 5 years after she gruesomely slaughtered a man, is finally about to hear her fate, that she's tweeting! frivolous stuff, taking random pot shots at people and complaining about the commissary?!?

"Who does that?"

One who knows she is about to be silenced

Im not speaking to the aspects of the Alexander family in your post. With all due respect Linask, that must be a CA thing as it relates to the statement "it is not up to the family". I was a victim of a violent crime and I was consulted and actually asked if me and my family if we were "okay" or found XYZ acceptable with every decision the prosecution made in relation to charges and prosecution of the perpetrator--maybe that is how they do things in Texas. IDK it is likely that each state is different

It's how they do things in AZ, too. But at the end of the day, it's the prosecutor's decision, not the family's -- in every State. The prosecutor NEVER represents the victim or the family. He or she represents the people of the state.

So JA wanted a plea deal to keep her from the death penalty. And her only option barring that was suicide. Does that make sense to anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faithfülly