Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 - part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that matters. If the jury makes a decision at 4:29, they're not going to wait until the morning to make an announcement.

I wonder if they can request to go a little longer if they are close so everyone doesn't have to come back tomorrow?

1333652502_elephant_waves_goodbye.gif

OK-I've had a few drinks-Thank you Hopefulone-LOL

I prayed Travis walked in that jury room & tapped all them one by one on the shoulder

And said its OK-fear not,she did it-here is the box you check for GUILTY

I see him giving slaps on the back to the guys & saying its all good my man!!

I see him kissing all the women's cheeks & saying your beautiful-Thank you!!

Travis will live through this jury's verdict-I feel it!!!

T

love this post!

I've been sitting here all day and have had really nothing to contribute. But I'm here! Justice is coming!

:lurk:

me, too! :seeya:

still have an hour before they go home - but ya never know - they might decide right before 4:30pm today!! Keeping fingers crossed!

There are currently 3 women on DR in Arizona. The 4th (I believe) died of natural causes. I don't get excited for the DP either, but I do find it more than appropriate that the punishment fits this crime.

If JA is convicted of M1 and receives the DP (which I believe the verdict should be) I relish the fact that this is where she would end up:

The unit containing death row is called the Lumley Unit. Inmates in the death row cell are locked inside 23 hours a day. Before their 23rd hour, they are put in shackles and walked to small cage-like enclosures for recreation.

Note The last woman executed in Arizona was Eva Dugan back in 1930 (and she was hanged).

Some interesting reading here: http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/21347978/2013/02/25/meet-the-3-women-on-arizonas-death-row

MOO

Mel

Please God, if there is any justice left in the world, let this be her fate.

I checked Robert Redford into the Ahwahnee Hotel in Yosemite National Park. I worked in the park during summers, and after college graduation.
Actually all kinds of LA actors would come to Yosemite and stay at the Ahwahnee.

You could buy a t-shirt in the gift shop that said "My idea of camping is staying at the Ahwahnee." LOL.

I have met, been around, bumped into, etc soo many different celebrities and most of my stories are flat out boring....at least I think so. lol

but being a crime board, a significant one: I often saw and talked to gary condit before the scandal. I worked at a health club he was a member of...also a number of other politicians like Lieberman who would come in his little white short shorts and play tennis :floorlaugh: ETA... *memories* also Boehner would come in...and yes, the staff called him boner :floorlaugh:

i am fed up waiting ZzZzZz

what can be taking so long,come on jurors :sigh:

I'm hoping that if they get to 4:30pm ET, they will ask for an extension because they are finishing up on the verdict.:please:

Patience my little grasshopper :) My hinky meter is as calm as can be. I'm confident the jury will get this right!

Hugs,

Mel

Been away from the computer off and on for a few days.

Justice for Travis is coming.

Sending love to you seekers of justice. :hug:

Sharky the pitbull!! Anyone need a little "awwww" in their afternoon, YouTube sharky the pit bull... He is a friend to all critters and there's a cat that joyously rides a Roomba, nuff said.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

oh GOOD.

i was afraid he was just cleaning off his lunch!!

I love, love, love pets, but folks are getting a bit goofy -- ya' think that this guide dog wrote that message and put it on himself :facepalm:

Actually, making it wear that sign is sort of exploiting the dog for its owner's cause (even though it is a heartfelt one in this case).

Yep, I agree. I understand the dog/sign and it was a heartfelt message but the owner was going all off on what kind of ^%%** leaves a dog alone for 4 days. Which was not the case at all. I just assume some people only catch bits and pieces of this trial. I also heard someone on HLN refer to Travis' home as an apartment :slap:

I am finally home and having an embarassingly early glass of wine......

I am hoping for an M1 verdict today, and while I am anti-DP, I understand it is a likely sentence, especially for the depravity shown in this murder.

I will breathe a sigh of relief, but probably won't celebrate a DP sentence when that phase is concluded. I will be glad for the family because this is what they want, I just can't rejoice over anyone's death. Nothing will bring Travis back and although I try not to think so negatively, knowing that grieves and saddens me. It's an awful sense of finality. How that terrible creature could sit in that courtroom every day and do anything but sob and collapse with remorse over her brutal deed is beyond me!

I voted that we would get the verdict on Thursday but am hoping desperately that I am wrong and it comes down in the next few hours.........more for Travis' family and loved ones than for my own sake, but I am a little selfish in that I want to know NOW.

I agree with you FrayedKnot. I am Canadian born and raised, and have never believed in the DP. Not even for the most heinous killers I've read about. But there is something about the depravity of the defendant in this case that makes me hope that is her fate. Maybe it's the way she has trashed the victim in court so unabashedly, and with such apparant satisfaction.

I won't celebrate such a sentence, but I will be relieved to know that she will never walk amongst other human beings again. This one is just too evil to even be allowed into the general prison population. There's no cure for what she is, and she will NEVER be rehabilitated. She simply does not deserve to have even the slightest enjoyment in life.

It is approximately 3:10pm in Mesa, Arizona right now. The jury has been deliberating a little over 6 hours now.

I am really starting to get concerned - I am worried that the jury is not "seeing" Arias' premeditation.

What could be taking the jury so long?

I am fearful that Travis Alexander will not have justice - and I will be heartbroken (with all of you).

Since it is after 3pm in Mesa - Does anyone think that the jury is going to return a verdict today?

I'm prepared to blame the engineer who had 2-3 VERY specific questions. This guy (why do I think it's wrestler?) will want to CYA to make sure they don't have any mistakes leading to an appeal.

This my thinking......

I've got HLN on for background noise...

They just said they are going to talk to a body language expert about Jodi making that throat slashing movement she did behind Juan's back.... when they get back from commercial! :eek:

I wonder if they can request to go a little longer if they are close so everyone doesn't have to come back tomorrow?
Well, I don't see why not. They were the ones who decided their schedule.

If you're Tackett, Johnson or Elswick, you can take it to the bank! :floorlaugh:

tackett, hall, hamilton, Slone and Gilliam runs through these veins. I am Kin to everyone thats lives from P'Burg to Mud Creek and pretty much all of Tacket Fork and beyond...lol

As you can see,I've never been a prolific poster,but I do read here lots.When I am stressed,I post even less and turn very much inward and just tend to think to myself.The last couple of months has been exceptionally stressful,my marriage has been on the brink of divorce.

But I do want to thank all of you for your posts,your stories,your humor,your love for the Alexander family.I am waiting (not so patiently) for a verdict.I am hoping that we don't have a holdout juror.I was really expecting a verdict today .Thanks to all of you for keeping me sane the last few months!

((((Lucylu7))))))

I'm sorry to hear you're having a bad time.

We need a good dose of Katiecoo!

I posted earlier that she posted earlier but hasn't been back. I'm sure that some folks who are hanging out at the courthouse must be getting some sense of what is going on.

I watched inmates on death row and prison all day yesterday.

Guess we are officially insane together
. :rockon:

bbm

Yep, Tiger, we're there!! :what:

:slap: .. :doh: .. :eek:hwow: .. :eek:kay: .. :panic: .. :aktion1: .. :hearno: .. :Banane45: .. ..:footinmouth: .. :cold: .. :kilroy: .. :scream: .. :nuts: .. :viking: .. :runaway::rage: .. :shocked2: .. :sheesh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove