Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 - part 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel better, Beth Karas just said the juror's had no questions today. She also said they don't start till 10 am tomorrow and that could mean they've made a verdict and want to sleep on it to make sure.

JC said all the juror's look really serious coming out of the room, like they don't agree.. the late start could mean one of them has an appointment. I don't like to hear her analysis tho..

Sooo here we sit, wondering. I'm going with Beth's idea! :)

I have a met a star story. I was cleaning the kitchen for some friends who both had to work all week, and were having their 25 wedding anniversary that next day, so I offered to pitch in with the pre party cleaning. I was scrubbing away on the floor and in walks Paul Newman. First of all, he startled me, because I didn't expect anyone. Then apologized and introduced himself as I got up off the floor in my apron with my hair carelessly up with hairsticks and rubber gloves on my hands. LOL. Not the way I imagined meeting someone like him, that's for sure. Turned out he was good friends with them and had stopped in to give them a message. His daughter lived next door. I was stunned and a bit embarrassed, but he was really nice and neighborly. I took down the message and he left.

OMG -first someone on here met Robert Redford and now you met Paul Newman. I am younger than their "age range" but as my Grandma used to say: "I'd let that man put his slippers under my bed!" :floorlaugh:

Maybe the do have a verdict and are waiting to announce it tomorrow so they can arrive at courthouse dressed better for interviews. Guess we need to find out how they are dressed tomorrow. Can they speak to media if they convict of Felony Murder 1?

No, they would still have the penalty/aggravation phase to adjudicate.

:hug: to all my friends here!!! Tomorrow is a new day and please don't stress. They have a lot to talk about--imagine not being able to share stories and thoughts from the beginning of January??!!

It's all good :hug: It will be murder in the first degree.

Totally agree, Shelby! Thank you for your sound voice of reason. :blowkiss:

Jean C. loves to stir the pot. Says jurors were serious and she thinks they don't agree.
Beth disagrees. Says that the jury may have already reached a decision.

Thx, I'll be happily listening to Beth! :seeya:

I think we should all take a deep breath & realize that these jurors have been giving us good signs the entire trial through their juror witness questions.

They have been observing the trial for 4 long months with no discussion--that alone must be crazy-making!

Today was the first opportunity for all of them to finally discuss all their feelings, observations, beliefs and impressions of all the witnesses, defense counsel and Juan Martinez.

I am going to be praying tonight for a verdict TOMORROW!!

Tweet from KatieWickUSA "Juror's all got in the same elevator and were very chatty"

Well, I will believe her over Jean C, on HLN. She just said that she watched the jurors leave and they were silent and serious and looked 'divided' like they were having problems with each other. :frown:

I think 'if' the jurors looked somber it may be because they have decided on Murder1, and that is a somber thing. As far as coming in at 10 tomorrow, maybe they decided to come in a little later so they will be well rested to give their verdict. Thinking positive here :)

Beth K making a lot of sense with regards to the jurors looking very "serious" on their way out today. Could be that they've reached a verdict, are going home to sleep on it, will come back tomorrow, vote again, and let the judge know.

The other commentator thinks that it's a sign that they aren't in a agreement.

I choose you, Beth K :)

Casares is SUCH a drama queen, paid to stir it up. No integrity whatsoever. Court observers never agreed with her. Her opinion is worth as much as a plug nickel.

And how could Beth and Casares have such differing viewpoints? The different start time is interesting to say the least, since they all agreed last Friday to 9AM.

A big clue that is, that they're starting tomorrow at 10, instead of at the 9 time they indicated they wanted for the week. They started on time to the minute this AM and cut their lunch short. I bet they DO have a verdict!

:tantrum: This late in the day, I am concerned, too. My mind is racing. What if the jurors who asked all the pro-prosecution questions were dismissed, or were made alternates??? Are we now left with another Pinellas 12? This cannot be happening!!! If the jury gets this verdict wrong, and JA walks, then I give up. :banghead: :stormingmad:

It would be highly unlikely that this jury would render a NOT GUILTY due to self defense. In that case JA original admonition would turn out to be prophetic. No jury did convict her.
The longer the verdict takes the higher the likelihood of a final M2 verdict.

I would seriously doubt the jury would decide on a manslaughter verdict.

I'm going with Beth Karas on this one. I think they did reach a verdict, they're going to all go home and sleep on it and vote again tomorrow to make sure there's no second thoughts.

I heard her say "perhaps they reached a verdict"

Usually BK doesn't give a strong opinion as fact, especially when no one knows that answer.

That's just not her style.

Juror revenge for all those times they were sent to their room and for all the approaches and sidebars.

looks like HLN stopped the Jury Deliberations clock at 7 hours 32 minutes and 59 seconds. Guess they have gone home for the day... :banghead:

Seems logical if they want info/evidence from the Judge, they might have to wait if she's in court.

Of course they're going to look serious in front of any media...regardless. Does anyone really think they'll come walking out smiling and laughing???

We know JSS is late at EVERYTHING!! That could be the 10 am start time also, if she's in court anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams