Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 - part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't panic people. These jurors only deliberated 10 hours and 40 minutes for Casey, sadly not guilty, OJ was less than 4 hours, sadly not guilty, 30 hours for Phil Specter for a 2nd degree murder charge, 35 hours over 9 days for Robert Blake quilty 1st degree murder, Scott Peterson 7 days for both 1st & 2nd degree murder, 4 days for the Menendez brothers with 2 counts of 1st degree & nine days for Charlie Manson...

So far I've refinished a desk top sanded & sealed, gone to Target, chopped everything for ho' made pizza tonight among many other tasks. I understand your pain...

I wouldn't panic but for some awful memories:

- Three members of the first Phil Spector jury (including the inveterate note-taking engineer who was foreman) voting Not Guilty, saying "The people who voted not guilty were arguing whether she [Lana Clarkson] was suicidal"

- The first Erik Menendez trial hung after 19 days, with some jurors buying the farfetched story that he and his brother slaughtered their parents because their father sexually abused them and their mother did nothing to stop it;

- The first Lyle Mendedez trial hung after more than 21 days, with Lyle's attorney saying afterwards that only three jurors voted Guilty.

Looking back at some juror questions in this trial, such as

123) "On June 4, 2008, after you got up and ran toward the bathroom closet is it possible that Travis picked up the camera and moved it? Could that also explain the delay in his arrival and his anger at the closet door threshold?" and

124) "Given that there are guiding principles such as the law of attraction and passing down journals to future generations, do you feel the Mormon church encourages burying the truth about issues that may be considered embarrassing?"

it sounds as if at least one juror may have been predisposed to buying JA's version of events.

Hope I'm wrong but it makes me feel almost physically ill. I can't do this minute-by-minute watch, I'll have to keep busy with other things and check in periodically. And pray hard.

P.S. The Robert Blake jury found him Not Guilty, as did the Casey and OJ juries.

On the subject of famous people encounters, one of the most interesting people I have met was Ted Kennedy. I talked to him for a really long time at a party some years ago. Politicians seem to have the public persona and then the private persona. I met the private side. We spoke of his brothers' murders and he was in tears, over 35 years after they were killed. Nice man. Truly haunted.

Just listen to the Az attorneys. We have different laws and court procedures so the TH's don't know much about it. I know we haven't had a sequestered jury for at least 40 years, but I didn't bother to look on Google, that was just my first hand knowledge :blushing:
What I found hilarious was HLN saying that the jury instructions were difficult to understand and in "Legaleeze"? Whaaahhtttt? THEY can't understand it because they don't understand our Felony Murder/Premeditated Murder...
:floorlaugh: seriously, I busted out laughing! Come ON, HLN! We get egumucated in Arizona, some of us has them college decrees!!!! :floorlaugh:

Should I call in and explain it to them? *snickers*

Juan spelled out, in simple terms, precisely what criteria needs to be met, with both premeditated and felony murder. People still come on television talking about how Jodi had to have definitive prearranged plan for premeditation. It sounds more complicated than it is.

Wow Micheal Hughes on NG saying when Juan showed autops photo withTravis' slashed neck her Mom and Grandma laughed!!!!! Theare discusting beings uggggghhhh

There has been no discussion of sequestering this jury that I've heard. Where did you get this information?

BBM: Coming from a lawyer, that question scared the beejeezus outta me...lol Very intimidating! hehe:blushing:

No big deal. I had no clue about sequestering of not. I also had no clue that a judge could get on a tv show and bad mouth a past defendant and her "used care salesman-type" lawyer. I guess if all phases of the trial are over, its fair game. I don't like the defendant, nor her past lawyer, so it matters little to me.

I agree with you. I was one of the ones who really respected JBP for how he ran his court, and thought he did a great job with the CA trial. And I still felt that way after the verdict. He doesn't have to go all Nancy Grace to convince me it was a travesty of justice. I already knew that, and so did the rest of the world.

I would have maintained that respect for JBP even if he hadn't decided to do the talk show circuits. I'm a bit unsure why he's doing it.

Oh dear, so much for quoting HLN. I deleted the post and I am apologizing for the comment made on that post since I see no one heard that. I am sorry for causing confusion. This will be my last post til verdict. Again, sorry. I shall stick to the thanks button and agree in silence...lmao

Mellinyce ...
Please don't feel this way & please don't feel the need to hold off on posting till the verdict.
Really ... you did nothing wrong, HLN says all kinds of off the cuff things.
Not your fault at all!!

Hope you will keep posting here with us.
You'rea part of this community and the end of trial is near.
Hang with us please!

Lol, do you have any idea how many idiotic posts I've made?!
Keep postin' :rockon:

I know.....haven't we all. We hear something and repeat it only to find it came from HLN. lol :facepalm: :floorlaugh:

Oh dear, so much for quoting HLN. I deleted the post and I am apologizing for the comment made on that post since I see no one heard that. I am sorry for causing confusion. This will be my last post til verdict. Again, sorry. I shall stick to the thanks button and agree in silence...lmao

Whoa Mellinyce, don't leave! No one should be disgruntled over any of your remarks, don't chase yourself away. We are all here to speculate, regurgitate, marinate, and postulate - and you should not stop posting because you are doing what we all are doing.

At least you are NICE in your posts!!!! Post away, we love you! At least I do ;)

Thanks to all who have said their coming back at 10:00 tomorrow is a good thing.:tyou:

So very respectfully disagree that anyone here feels this way. Nope.

Then explain why I read at least one post that said "I'm disgusted by how long this jury is taking....."

Whoa Mellinyce, don't leave! No one should be disgruntled over any of your remarks, don't chase yourself away. We are all here to speculate, regurgitate, marinate, and postulate - and you should not stop posting because you are doing what we all are doing.

At least you are NICE in your posts!!!! Post away, we love you! At least I do ;)

Is anyone else freaked out by how much Dave Hall and Chris Hughs look alike? I can never tell who the heck is being interviewed!

I'm so glad I'm not alone in being on edge about the deliberations. I know it's just that vile taste in my mouth left over from Pinellas Co., but I am TERRIFIED.

Ugh.....!!!!

You would have thought that Jean C would have learned her lesson with her false reports regarding this jury. I can't believe HLN allows her to cover this after she injected herself previously. It almost caused a mistrial. Shame on Jean C. Let the jurors do their jobs in peace and in PRIVATE! :furious:

Put JC and BK side by side. JC always gets to go first. She says things which are sensational and provocative but based on nothing. No insight, no facts. And she always agrees with NG. "Absolutely, Nancy!"

Contrast Beth. She gives the straight scoop, legal insight, various points of view to explain possibilities, based on fact. No sensationalism. She has depth and substance. And she's not a "yes man." Love her!

So why does JC get more air time?? I rarely glean anything of value from her, but always do from Beth.

Hey, that's no big deal. I've done the same thing. I kinda have the feeling it's not just you and me, either, LOL!

No need to mute yourself please stick around and feel free to post! Mistakes happen we've all had our fair share.

DT :seeya:

Whose twitter account? If you're talking about JA, her account still shows up in mine. :confused::confused:

no - it was a new twitter acct - from a jodi supporter tweeting as TA saying horrible things and posting autopsy photos :( every one complained and it got shut down in record time thank god

Wow Micheal Hughes on NG saying when Juan showed autops photo withTravis' slashed neck her Mom and Grandma laughed!!!!! Theare discusting beings uggggghhhh

I am not surprised by that .. cue crying on courthouse steps .. JA didn't come from nowhere ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stevewho