Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 - part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many hours have you discussed this case???
Give the jury a break for wanting to discuss the facts they haven't been able to speak about for 4 long months.
Just think it they start reading her journals it will take weeks, if not months j/k :lol:

On a side note, I just ate two servings of a Paleo Triple Berry Cobbler that I made, while the jurors were on their lunch break.

I'm so stuffed, I hope I don't fall asleep and the verdict comes back. haha

But - but - but they must know we're waiting!! :floorlaugh: They can meet up and discuss everything afterwards. Man, I need a guilty on murder one. :please:

Doesn't mean anything. They will probably bring her over from Estrella jail every day until a verdict comes down. She's probably being kept in a detention cell at the courthouse.

We will know when the jury has reached a verdict about the same time as the lawyers, who will be summoned to the courthouse.

anyone have the # to subscribe for the alert?

Okay, so they jury will come back with a decision. Let us say it is guilty. Will that come with 1st, 2nd or manslaughter TODAY? Or just GUILTY, then the 1,2 or manslaughter comes at the penalty phase? I don't know if that makes sense to y'all. What I would like to hear today is, "We the jury, find Jodi Ann Arias Gulity of 1 degree murder". Is that how it will go down?

If I understand things correctly, the formality is that the judge asks the foreman if the jury has reached a verdict. The foreman will answer in the affirmative and then the charges are presented from highest to lowest order, stopping when the verdict is guilty and not having to go any further.

So if the jury reaches a finding of guilty of first degree murder, that is the only charge addressed. If the verdict was not guilty, then the next charge to be considered would be second degree murder and so on and so forth.

Jurors deliberate Arias fate amid spectacle; expert says verdict won't be quick

AZ Family.com - Phoenix, AZ
May 6, 2013

Legal expert Jason Lamm: "If you're looking for a quick verdict, I wouldn't go biting off your manicure so quickly. It's going to take a few days."

Click the video above to see what else Lamm had to tell 3TV's Javier Soto.

PHOENIX (AP) -- It has become a real-life soap opera watched by people around the world and dozens of fanatics who camp out on a Phoenix sidewalk in the middle of the night to get into the show. One seat even sold for $200.

Read more and view video:

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Jurors-deliberate-Arias-fate-amid-spectacle--206265931.html

OhMyGoodness...

Court spectator with his service dog being interviewed by JVM... dog has sign around his neck that reads "Justice for Napoleon"

<3

thats nuts! saying its bad enuff what happened to TA, but how could she leave napolean by himself! i am sorry there is no comparison - and i say this as some one who rescues - i just do not understand ppl some times :(

Try to remember that even if every juror is 100% convinced, they have been together for months now, with one very big thing in common, and unable to discuss it. They need time to talk about EVERYTHING that they've been holding in all this time.

Ok, thought we would have a verdict by now! I can't believe someone may not be convinced of pre-meditation and they are arguing the point. What happened to common sense?! Just speculating and nervous because Justice HAS to be served for Travis and his family. I can't imagine what they must be going through..

I need to go to the grocery store. People around here want to eat, go figure. Surely that will bring about some action..:skip:

It says "waiting" as opposed to "reached a verdict" so I wouldn't get too excited..jmo

Eta: I re-read. Jodi may have the option to hang with her lawyers instead of cells? Anyone know about this?
It also says courthouse as opposed to courtroom. If JA was in the courtroom, hWild would have commented. Also, JSS has had other cases today too.

I'm so afraid. HLN seems pro defense. Hogwash!

I think they learned their lesson with the CA case. They are TRYING to show both sides, and cover all their bases in terms of possible outcomes.

They also know the vast majority of their viewers think she is guilty, so they enjoy stirring up a little controversy.

Jurors deliberate Arias fate amid spectacle; expert says verdict won't be quick

AZ Family.com - Phoenix, AZ
May 6, 2013

Legal expert Jason Lamm: "If you're looking for a quick verdict, I wouldn't go biting off your manicure so quickly. It's going to take a few days."

Click the video above to see what else Lamm had to tell 3TV's Javier Soto.

PHOENIX (AP) -- It has become a real-life soap opera watched by people around the world and dozens of fanatics who camp out on a Phoenix sidewalk in the middle of the night to get into the show. One seat even sold for $200.

Read more and view video:

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Jurors-deliberate-Arias-fate-amid-spectacle--206265931.html

this is not what I want to hear. *sigh*

The St. Louis Zoo named their new baby elephant Priya today. Maybe that's a good omen.

BabyPriya.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The name Priya means BELOVED...fits Travis well I think.

I`m quite close to you....Teesside.....sat with DS and DH watching Sunderland play :banghead: I hate football!

But they not bothering me so I can sit glued to my laptop with no interuptions......yay!

Hi Fudge :seeya: Quite a few Scots here to see justice done for Travis.

It's amazing to me the international interest in this trial. Funny, huh? Much like stupid Scott Peterson thinking no one would ever have interest in a young woman very near full term pregnancy going missing on Christmas eve. It's a small world. Haven't been to Scotland, only London. My husband loved watching bog swimming (or snorkeling?), he thought it was great fun to watch. I liked London, he wants me to see Bath. Hope I get to see much more of the UK soon.

HLN was going over the possible verdicts and the penalties for each. JA has been in jail for 5 years now. Do Arizona prisoners get time off for "good time?" If so if the jury comes back with manslaughter, she will likely be getting out with time served.

I so hope that doesn't happen!

I think they add in the time served. They did that in Casey's lame lying conviction, took the time she had already been in jail off of the actual sentence.

So yeah, in an alternate universe, should she get manslaughter they can deduct the 5 years she's been in jail off of her sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95