Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 - part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_meydjiDofs1r1mkubo1_500.gif

thats nuts! saying its bad enuff what happened to TA, but how could she leave napolean by himself! i am sorry there is no comparison - and i say this as some one who rescues - i just do not understand ppl some times :(

I don't think the point was to say the two actions were equivalent. It's just that a dog would presumably have special sympathy for a fellow dog.

4 hours and they have not asked any questions, is this somehow a good sign?? Say yes please:)

Everything is a good sign unless you hear the words not guilty ;)

From WAT :

11 m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Back in the hallway. Calgon take me away or something. #JodiArias

:floorlaugh:

It seems like everyone (professionals) say that this is the most compelling evidence they have ever seen in a murder case. What could the jury possibly be pondering? Are they killing time so it doesn't seem like a knee jerk reaction to a verdict?

I know...I mean, let's say 1 hour to go over the jury instructions. Then my bet would be wouldn't they first take a straw poll or something? If that's unanimous for 1st degree...then what is there to discuss? So I'm thinking maybe there's one that leaning for 2nd degree or crime of passion or something...and so now they have to go through alll the evidence piece by piece. Or maybe they are going through all of it and then taking the vote, but that wouldn't make sense b/c it would be much easier to do it the other way. I don't know, I have never sat on a jury before so obviously no experience in how it works usually.

It seems like everyone (professionals) say that this is the most compelling evidence they have ever seen in a murder case. What could the jury possibly be pondering? Are they killing time so it doesn't seem like a knee jerk reaction to a verdict?
Many of us think that after four months of not being able to talk about the case with each other, they actually want to talk about the case with each other.

Do these same jury members also decide during the penalty phase? Are they sequestered that whole time?

Yes to your first question, and no they are not sequestered at all.

The jury could come back at any time .. the experts on HLN know as much as we do .. could be today, could be Friday (I doubt that though) so I'm putting no stock in anything said on any news channel. Afterwards they will all say they were right, no matter what they say now.

Ok, thought we would have a verdict by now! I can't believe someone may not be convinced of pre-meditation and they are arguing the point. What happened to common sense?! Just speculating and nervous because Justice HAS to be served for Travis and his family. I can't imagine what they must be going through..

I need to go to the grocery store. People around here want to eat, go figure. Surely that will bring about some action..:skip:

Exactly! Like going out without an umbrella ensures rain will come.

Welcome to our group Suzi26! :seeya:

Welcome back Laura60!

Looking forward to hearing more from both of you.

:wagon:

Do these same jury members also decide during the penalty phase? Are they sequestered that whole time?

Yes -- they will decide whether to impose the death penalty if she's found guilty of First Degree Murder or Felony Murder. I'm not sure whether they will be sequestered during the whole sentencing hearing, but they will when/if deliberating again.

Try to remember that even if every juror is 100% convinced, they have been together for months now, with one very big thing in common, and unable to discuss it. They need time to talk about EVERYTHING that they've been holding in all this time.

Yeah, X 12 people - that's a lot of talking. Why don't they be considerate of us and just hurry it up? They can have a bbq after the trial and talk all they want!

Just kidding, I respect their time, it's just so hard to wait.

[video=youtube;uMyCa35_mOg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMyCa35_mOg[/video]

Try to remember that even if every juror is 100% convinced, they have been together for months now, with one very big thing in common, and unable to discuss it. They need time to talk about EVERYTHING that they've been holding in all this time.

Minor.... Did you get to see the throat slitting action
Josi made on camera yet?

idk - i am thinking maybe they are taking their time and really going over the evidence - there was soo much - and imo i am sure they don't want to be seen making the wrong decision like the public thought in CA and OJ - where the jury didn't deliberate that long. I am ok w/ the fact they are taking their job seriously and doing it correctly, even if it does take a little longer - imo

Maybe I'm mean, I dunno, but it would be great if we had livestream of Jodi sitting waiting in her holding cell for the verdict to come in. Do you think she's doing any headstands?

I'm hoping she has E****sive D****eah.

:stormingmad:

OMG I see a woman, holding a camera .. that's a flash in the middle, she is definitely not holding a knife!!

Nah..it's a dog...see the stick in his mouth? :floorlaugh:

HLN just said that most decisions come AFTER lunch. hmmmmm

Most of the trials I have watched the verdict comes back after lunch or the jury stays late and comes back with a verdict before leaving for the evening.

I know...I mean, let's say 1 hour to go over the jury instructions. Then my bet would be wouldn't they first take a straw poll or something? If that's unanimous for 1st degree...then what is there to discuss? So I'm thinking maybe there's one that leaning for 2nd degree or crime of passion or something...and so now they have to go through alll the evidence piece by piece. Or maybe they are going through all of it and then taking the vote, but that wouldn't make sense b/c it would be much easier to do it the other way. I don't know, I have never sat on a jury before so obviously no experience in how it works usually.

To think that their first vote would be unanimous is unrealistic, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove