Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 - part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few things.

I'm going to be completely honest and maybe my view won't be a popular one.

1) If I was a juror deciding the fate of a defendant with a charge of murder and the penalty on the table was death I would FOR SURE want a night to sleep on my verdict. No matter how firmly I believed in my verdict. This is a very very very serious matter.

2) in terms of a public execution I would have to pass on that. I am not honestly a huge proponent of the DP. I do however think it's needed in certain cases. Having said that I believe this particular case warrants the DP.

But I don't think executions should be viewed publicly save for cases where crimes against humanity were committed.

Also: 1) Overnight gives jurors time to gather themselves and prepare for a different kind of event. It also gives them time to feel completely right about their decision, maybe a sense of closure for that part of the trial.

2) Not a fan of public executions. Too many bloodthirsty people in the world who would see it as another sport. I did watch the secret Hussein hanging though. As for JA, I imagine myself seatside, knitting. She is subhuman and a predator, irredeemable and a complete danger to society. Nevertheless she will have a kinder death than many of us will.

There has been no discussion of sequestering this jury that I've heard. Where did you get this information?
No plans to sequester the jury at all. Talking heads have discussed it to fill air time, but only in theory. Of course they fail to mention that Arizona hasn't sequestered a jury in decades. The fact that the Arias jury wasn't sequestered fits with Arizona's standard practice.

You would have thought that Jean C would have learned her lesson with her false reports regarding this jury. I can't believe HLN allows her to cover this after she injected herself previously. It almost caused a mistrial. Shame on Jean C. Let the jurors do their jobs in peace and in PRIVATE! :furious:

TWITTER ACCT JUST SUSPENED!! thaks every1 that vile acct was just suspended 30 secs ago - god some ppl are sick!!

Whose twitter account? If you're talking about JA, her account still shows up in mine. :confused::confused:

I believe that the jury has made a decision, wants to go home and be with their families as for one full night as they are to be sequestered once the verdict is given and goes into the penalty phase. I'm sure they want to get affairs in order before they get sequestered and can't go home for the length of time it takes for them to finish the penalty phase. It's what I would want if I was a juror. Make sure I have all my toiletries bought and packed, one great home cooked meal, a night to cuddle my babies (hubby, sign. other, pets) and have a full nights rest. JMO

Huh?
there is no talk of any sequestration ...unless you have an inside scoop...

LOL! He sure seems to be keeping up with this case.

He said Jodi had been tweeting him.

IMO

Donald Trump is just nosy and thinks he is omniscient. He needs to go sit down and be quiet. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: I am sure he would not be tweeting Jodi if he knew she would be knocking at his front door sometime soon. She won't, but just saying. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

LOL! He sure seems to be keeping up with this case.

He said Jodi had been tweeting him.

IMO

He sure has- ever since JA tweeted him. He said he doesn't understand why it's taking the jury so long to decide- he felt it is so obvious she's guilty. He said she's changed her story so many times. Doesn't understand what the hesitation is for murder 1. He is not acting like a know it all, deferred to NG legal experience and opinion. Said he's been fooled by juries in the past- hard to interpret.

Sorry, didn't mean to cause confusion if that's not the case as we have WS lawyers. I'm just a kindergarten teacher...lol I will delete the post about it. My apologies.

Hey, it's not a big deal! We're just clarifying, that's all! I do wonder if it's true though. Hopefully we'll find out soon! :seeya:

May I suggest.... an HLN-free evening... the stress level goes down. Way down.

Then again... this is coming from the person who is working on her third milkshake of the day! :giggle:

Thanks LotusPawprint !!
Great idea that I'm following. Enough Talking Heads - who know less than we do ( I swear they read here and report on HLN 2 days later what's been uncovered by WSer's)

May even take a nice spring evening bike ride up to the dairy for a double chocolate cone this evening.

Sorry, didn't mean to cause confusion if that's not the case as we have WS lawyers. I'm just a kindergarten teacher...lol I will delete the post about it. My apologies.

There is enough confusion on these boards. No worries :hug:

Then they'll really get their revenge on the court.

Foreperson: "Good morning everyone. The record will reflect the presence of all members of the jury, bailiffs and alternates. Bailiffs, could you approach please? We are going to take the afternoon AND evening recess now. Please meet us back here a week from today around 11-ish."

:floorlaugh:

Thank you for your continued patience. :floorlaugh:

WOW!!! I am totally shocked, and so thankful for all who have changed their avatar. Justice for Travis til the end I pray.

Well, that's interesting. Perhaps they know that they will not need the entire time frame before they present their verdict to the Judge. :please:

It could be as simple as a jury member having an appointment.

This is my theory on why the jury came out stern.

First, I dont think we have anything to worry about.

I think what happened was the jury finally feels that this is their turn to be in control after not having any control whatsoever for the past 4 months. So, this is their turn to make Jodi wait, make the media wait, make the judge and attorneys wait, etc.

I think what happened is they probably have decided already towards the end of the day and they all agreed to take their time and get a nice long breakfast tomorrow and come in an hour late so they can be ready to finalize their decision.

And the important part is when they left today, they all agreed to purposely come out stern with poker faces so that nobody can read where they are leaning in their deicison. The reason I feel they purposely came out with stern faces is because at lunch time, it was reported they were smiling and laughing, so I think they put on a front here at the end of the day for the media.

I think tomorrow this will be over and I dont think we have anything to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi