Verdict Watch 05/06/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just reading through this again - there is no way they can chose anything other than murder 1. If they follow the instructions - they have to chose murder 1.

Between the time she stabbed him the first time, to the throat slashing, to the gunshot - she had time to consider her actions, premeditation. Even if they chose not to consider all her actions before and after to cover her tracks, this alone is premeditation. They can't possibly chose anything else.

At the risk of ticking many people off here, I have to say I may be the only WSer who likes D Trump. He doesn't tolerate bull c**p from anyone, and I'm sure his advice to JA will be something along the lines of: "JA should go find a cave somewhere, stock it with hair dye and toblerones, and never show her sour face in public ever once again. You will be long forgotten by the public after the verdict, so why not go to that cave CA is dwelling in an tell her to scoot over, she'll be your new BFF."
No tomato throwing, please... jmo

Maybe he'll pay for the trial. Lord only knows what he'd say to Jodi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I'm getting nervous. I would think that the jury would go in this morning, vote, tell the court that they have reached a verdict - and we would hear that the jury has found Arias Guilty of Felony Murder.

Arias wrote "9 out of 12 sounds about right" on her twitter page - is this some reference to the jury? Is Arias saying "nine out of the 12 jurors will not convict me?"

Me too....Beach was a lovely fairy godmother with a magic wand....
Hmmmm...... I wonder if she has that power in real life....:floorlaugh:

Wouldn't that be nice. Lol she did it so quickly! She was offering her assistance to those not understanding how to or having issues doing so.:seeya:

As I sit here nervously waiting...... I decided to clean out a draw filled with papers. Came across my answers for a game ( never ending level ) that I played yrs ago while up all night with a baby who refused to sleep at night. Guess Ill play, maybe it will keep my mind occupied while I wait.

Had to make a quick trip to the store. Had phone with me. Set TIVO to record HLN, and was listening to HLN on Sirius in the car. What is wrong with me? LOL

The elephants are symbolic
of Travis to his family.

And a tribute to JM, because he has the best memory of this case. Elephants are known to have a great memory!

Elephants also have a very large and highly convoluted hippocampus, a brain structure in the limbic system that is much bigger than that of any human, primate or cetacean.[15] The hippocampus of an elephant takes up about 0.7% of the central structures of the brain, comparable to 0.5% for humans and with 0.1% in Risso's dolphins and 0.05% in bottlenose dolphins.

Thought that was cute that they have a very large hippocampus. That part of the brain should probably be named elephantcampus ;)

And of course elephants are strong, just like the Alexander family. My prayers are with them as they wait for the verdict!

Mel

The defense was allowed to complicate the charges even AFTER they claimed self defense. But Judge had bend over backwards for the slimey defense. The thought of the manslaughter "heat of passion" thing...good Lord. That's like 10 years I think, less time served. This jury will feel like complete fools if they come back with anything less than Murder 1. I want death penalty mainly because prison life is vastly different than lifers. Life in prison, your in general population etc. Death, you are in your cell 23 hrs a day...alone. Perfect for Jodi.

I certainly hope the jurors are smart enough to know JA and the defense DID NOT testify to heat of passion.

Trump REALY likes to insert himself everywhere.

Maybe he'll tell her she's fired from life and can go straight to hell....
Maybe he thinks ( in his own mind),that since God can't be subpoenaed that he's the next best thing......:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

HLN just reported Juan Martinez rejected plea of Second Degree!!!

Dear HLN:

Please note that the court decision overrides the wishes of anyone else. You need competent researchers before you put your THs in front of a camera.

From court minutes dated July 15, 2011

THE COURT FINDS the assigned prosecutor does not have the authority to offer a plea to the Defendant nor does he have the authority to accept an offer by the Defendant.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov...1/m4810307.pdf

From the jury instructions:

CREDIBILITY OF WITNESSES
In deciding the facts of this case, you should consider what testimony to accept, and what to reject. You may accept everything a witness says, or part of it, or none of it.
In evaluating testimony, you should use the tests for truthfulness that people use in determining matters of importance in everyday life, including such factors as: the witness’s ability to see or hear or know the things the witness testified to; the quality of the witness’s memory; the witness’s manner while testifying; whether the witness had any motive, bias, or prejudice; whether the witness was contradicted by anything the witness said or wrote before trial, or by other evidence; and the reasonableness of the witness’s testimony when considered in the light of the other evidence.
Consider all of the evidence in the light of reason, common sense, and experience.

That alone should seal the deal. Please jury!

Sequestration tends to favor the defendant as the jury starts to feel like they are the ones in prison. Plus it's very expensive to sequester a jury, bailiffs to watch them, etc, etc. Does anyone hoping a defendant is convicted really want a pizzed off jury who resents the state?

Nyet.

Good afternoone everyone. It is a miserable rainy and cold day in the SE. I am at work and have a big project due very soon and I need to be working. I cannot concentrate.
I have already pulled a Dr. G and spilled my coffee all over me (ouch). Please verdict some soon, I need to keep my job. I am so so so nervous. Deep breath, deep breath,
deep breath.

Well, I'm getting nervous. I would think that the jury would go in this morning, vote, tell the court that they have reached a verdict - and we would hear that the jury has found Arias Guilty of Felony Murder.

Arias wrote "9 out of 12 sounds about right" on her twitter page - is this some reference to the jury? Is Arias saying "nine out of the 12 jurors will not convict me?"

She said 9 out of 10 sounds right to me -- referring to Nurmi not liking her 9 out of 10 days. Sounds like she took it personally to take it to her twat account ;)

MOO

Mel

:waiting:

The house is spotless. I took a shower and even put makeup on (even though its just me and the dogs). I've already had one Diet Pepsi and now I think I'll have a Mike's Hard Lemonade, just cuz I can.

I don't have patience for this. :sigh:

This staring at the ceiling thing isn't helping me at all. I'll practice my dance so it will be just perfect for post-verdict 'celebrations'.

:dance::dance::skip::jumping:

:bow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members