Verdict Watch 05/06/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Add me to the supportive husband club. Mine usually thinks I'm silly with my preoccupation with crime, but he picked up enough from me on this case that he watched the closing arguments (even texting me updates when I couldn't watch) and is convinced she'll get the DP! He recorded them for me and poured me wine while I watched 'my Superbowl'!!

Questions:
1. Does the bailiff carry the verdict, or just verbal message to the judge to let her know they've reached a verdict.

2. Does the jury stay in the jury room until court reconvenes?

3. Who gets notified next, after the judge, and how?

4. How is this information given to the media.

1-no-the foreperson will give it to the bailiff then give it to judge to read-but the staple lady will read it out loud
2-the jury will stay in room until judge calls them back in court
3-the lawyers,prolly phone calls or texts
4-prolly the lady who seats all in the courtroom
I am speculating here,but think its how it works

Mine as well. Even if they are already decided, I believe they will go a few hours into tomorrow so as not to rush anything....Of course , we could be wrong, but that's the intuition I have also....

I remember how happy we all were when the Casey Anthony jury came back so fast. So I'm trying my best to be patient this time.

I was contemplating a margarita but then I decided it was not not healthy for me to drink alone. I'm now contemplating again. :fence:

But...you aren't alone. I'll have a strawberry one please. I can't think of a better way to start an Oregon afternoon with a little booze and fruit! :floorlaugh:

Me too! That's my dream job, even thought it doesn't exist.

I think professional juror sounds good in theory but would be the most frustrating job on the planet. Your work time is dictated by others (judge, attorneys, defendants), you don't get all of the information necessary to do your job and best of all-- no matter what you decide, you are going to make someone unhappy.

I received a jury summons for 6/10 which just happens to be the selection day for a very high profile case with a sequestered jury. I'm praying to be released early as I have non refundable travel plans in July.

All these people texting in my office are going to give me a stroke. I keep snatching up my phone whenever anyone gets a text. :blushing:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another question: If (when) Jodi is convicted, will she be taken to a prison or will she be housed in the county jail until sentencing?

She will remain in Estrella jail until she is sentenced, then she will go to prison.

Ham is in the oven and potatoes are peeled!

drooling-homer.gif

The State vs Jodi Arias ~ Travis Alexander murder trial
9 hours ago
UPDATE: United we contacted Dior regarding Arias' copyrighted 'art'. Dior responded and are meeting with lawyers to issue a cease and desist notice. If she doesn't comply, legal proceedings will commence.

Well done Team Travis. It was this page who first posted the violations and you all took action - like the time we stood united against eBay. We did it again! #success #justice4travis
That is wonderful! Arias selling her artwork while on trial for slaughtering another human being is gross! I realize that Arias is "Einstein Smart" - so it may be difficult for average people to understand - however, when on trial for slaughtering another human a person that has empathy would not be able to concern themselves with selling art / maintaining a twitter account.

Plus, again it may have something to do with Arias' being "Einstein Smart" - but her art is not art - it is copying. Look up "how to draw" and with instruction anyone can copy anything. I know because I cannot draw at all - but when given step by step instruction how to copy anything - the finish product indicates that I have artistic ability (which I do not - in fact I wish I could upload some of my drawings from playing the game pictionary - some have been so bad that guests have asked to take them home to look at for a good laugh).

I commend you - and everyone that worked to get Arias' copied artwork noticed (by people that can make her stop).

I am still bothered that Caylee Anthony's murderer walked out of court wearing a Polo Tee-Shirt. It made something that I once enjoyed turn into something I "cringe" when seeing now.

It seems they are just discussing the overall case because they haven't asked one question or for a read back or a piece of evidence.

BBM Completely disagree with that. She was called to the stand because the defense counsel did not really listen to what she said.. She said IF a juror.. Not THAT a juror saw what happened.

Nurmi called her reaching for an issue of misconduct for Juan.

I heard her testimony. It is my belief that both she and HLN took the entire event out of context and tried to make a big deal out of nothing. They used the story and video from a local network and completely changed the context.

To me, that's bad journalism. :moo:

Can someone please tell me what this means : spousal "unit" I see parental unit, spousal unit , I've always just said my spouse or parents?

I can't speak for others but my usage of "spousal unit" has to do with the type of marriage I have. I have been married for over 30 years however over half of that was spent watching him destroy himself and any love or respect I had for him with alcohol. The worst of which was when he basically became non functioning. It took 2 dui's in 7 days and 3 hospital stays (the last for 10 days, 4 in ICU) for him o finally quit drinking. By then he hadn't had a job in about 10 years and neither of us could afford to keep the house or live seperately so we live in the same house but not "together". As my illness has progressed he has regained some of my respect in the manner he now treats me and takes care of all the things I can no longer do but the love he destroyed a long time ago. I see him as my spouse....not my husband which in my mind and heart denote feelings that are no longer there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14