verdict watch 5/7/2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was good to hear from that guy (sheriff's department) on HLN saying Jodi has no pencils, no papers, no nothing while she sits in the basement all alone, waiting to learn her fate. Hey, that would be terrible..... sitting there day after day, nothing to do, bored to tears. I say let the jury take a month or two to reach a verdict! Except.........it's not fair to punish us!!!

Or Travis' family.

I never imagined they'd still be deliberating into Wednesday. I really thought there would be a verdict on day one, two at the latest. Trying not to get discouraged about it though.

It was good to hear from that guy (sheriff's department) on HLN saying Jodi has no pencils, no papers, no nothing while she sits in the basement all alone, waiting to learn her fate. Hey, that would be terrible..... sitting there day after day, nothing to do, bored to tears. I say let the jury take a month or two to reach a verdict! Except.........it's not fair to punish us!!!

Yeah right...

Her "team" probably hooked her up with enough supplies to open up an art gallery by the the time the jury comes back with a verdict...

Well, they probably want to appear serious, they know it is a serious matter, and they are being "watched" by many.

I think that most people would consider elderly to be over 60. Considering that a vast majority of people don't live past their 80's, I think that this assessment is a fair one. And, it is true that many elderly folks will be quite educated in these areas, but I just know from life experiences that many MANY people in this age category are not exposed to phone sex and crotch shots on a regular basis. lol Now, you....you've just been here at WS so long that you are a pro. :floorlaugh:

I was the right age during the days of sex, drugs and rock and roll.

Talking dirty on the phone isn't new. Probably started as soon as the first people got phones.

And crotch shots? Playboy, Hustler, Penthouse, anyone? And *advertiser censored*'s as old as film.

So no, I don't think there's much I'm not familiar with.

For us yes, but the jury is not privvy to HLN, WS, Twitter, Facebook etc... they can only deliberate to what was presented in court.

I can't think WHAT they could be disagreeing about - it's the most cut and dried case IMO.. :blushing:

Ok, so we know Jodi has to sit in her basement cell with nothing. What I want to know is....does she have a clock or can she see a clock? I HOPE NOT. That would make her even more crazy!

someone was looking for Mimi Hall's testimony - it was Day 1 - after opening arguments - begin at 48:14

[video=youtube;1Fn7WHx4TCw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Fn7WHx4TCw[/video]

(my toes got *squished* again in the closing door of the last thread :sob: so I am carrying this reply I was working on over)

Funny my husband who is pushing 50 thinks the same thing. He said as long as she admitted it why is AZ wasting all this money. He doesn't get that they have to. I really think men feel threatened by what they hear about Jodi Arias. I would say the last month is when he has paid any attention. Before that after KC Anthony and Drew Peterson he said not another trial.
Yrs. after OJ I got involved in the Drew Peterson fiasco that guy drove me nuts. Then KC Anthony I said never again.
Here I am JA and then GZ in sanford fl. coming next. I have my cell on, the TV on, looked for a radio station too LOL didn't find one. Past 2 days nervous energy kicked in and I have accomplished so much while I listen.
I am ready to sit down and watch the Jury results and the rest that they need to do to tuck her safely in prison to wait for her real day of Judgement.
I think with all the evidence they have to review it is going to take time. I don't believe there is a hold-out. Hope I am right :):):)

My hubby too! He isn't following the trial at all but last night asked me what was going on. His reply was "Why does it take 4 months for a trial and more than an hour for verdict when there is an admitted murderer. He finds JA revolting.

I live in IL so our tvs were swamped with years of Drew Peterson before the trial ever started. Your comparison between he and JA is SPOT ON! Arrogant, superior attitude, feeling he was smarter than the investigators, lawyers, judge or jury.
Sidenote: two years ago my daughter got married. Her husband's name is Drew Peterson. You can imagine the frantic phone calls, FB messages and emails I received when those who had not met him got the Save The Date announcements! :eek::eek::eek:
(her strong requests to have him use his given name of Andrew Peterson to avoid the hassles she receives when she makes reservations, does paperwork, etc have fallen on deaf ears. Something about a traumatic childhood memory of being called Andy :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: And, PS he is a wonderful person and husband for my baby girl! :smile:

Right now my heart is with the Alexander family. The waiting must be so hard for them. We have it easy, in comparison.

But I love my Websleuth family, too! Y'all have a good night. Justice IS coming.

Now I need to spend a little time with my husband, who is out in the living room, sulking. He's following the trial too, but feeling a tad, well, neglected. Poor baby.

:seeya:

Maybe they're not disagreeing about anything?

For now, I'm thinking better to wait another day, than to have a manslaughter / murder 2 verdict today. I never thought that a longer wait would = less than Murder 1 but the way everyone's talking on here today is making me genuinely nervous

BK said the jurors were laughing & jovial

I don't think this would be their moods if they were hung-JMO

I never imagined they'd still be deliberating into Wednesday. I really thought there would be a verdict on day one, two at the latest. Trying not to get discouraged about it though.

I did, too. There is no way, IMO, that this would happen without a dissenter; they don't need to go over the evidence beyond this day. I can live in hope, but in reality I feel really irked.

People love Travis .. it's amazing to see how many people really care about justice here, clearly nearly nobody believes the accusations against him .. I am very glad about that.

Guys, what did Beth say, please?

beth just keeps telling ppl not to read any thing into this, that coming out of the room the jury was smiling and chatting, and that they are prolly just being thorough - she keeps saying this every time JVM and JC keep running around like chicken little screaming the sky is falling :)

From the questions asked by the jury I think some of them really get it. Hopefully they'll do a good job of convincing any others who haven't seen the light yet. If that's the case. It might be that they're reviewing all the evidence and taking their duty seriously. Two full days really isn't long imo.

BBM.....and only 13.5 hours! That really isn't a lot of time when you think about it. That's only a day and a half of a "normal" full time job.

Jackie Damico ‏@InSessionJackie 30s #JodiArias jurors say they will resume deliberations tomorrow at 1pm EST.

Well, I'm on my way to Yogalates where I can hopefully clear my mind and focus on justice for Travis!!! :please:

I've been trying cases for 19+ years. I've had a jury come back with a guilty verdict in 10 minutes, and I've had juries come back with guilty verdicts after days. My last murder trial ended in a mistrial -- due to jury deadlock -- after only four hours of deliberation. There are no set rules or procedures for how the jury deliberates: the JA jury could have decided to go through all the evidence prior to taking an initial vote. In other words, no reason to panic at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV