verdict watch 5/7/2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure, another tweet upstream said 10AM?

1 pm. Not 10 am???

Hmmmm...
Peeps- keep in mind 1pm EST=10amPST, so they are not that far off-schedule. They started at 10am today, so maybe they just want to sleep in after being tired. Actually, if they had started at 1pm, I would've been excited thinking they were close to a verdict!

Hasta Manana. Here's hoping tomorrow is the verdict day.

Good lord in heaven. Someone is gonna have to talk Nancy G down from a ledge if this jury isn't back soon. I can usually tolerate her, but I muted it until Marc Klass came on.

I think someone has to talk NG down from a ledge every night. Trial or no.

But that would lead them to believing TA beat her up and was a pedophile because that's what she says. That's her CASE.

How could they find her guilty of something (say manslaughter) she never said in her defense. Her defense is he was going to kill her and she defended herself. No "pushed to the brink" in her case at all.

It was almost like Nurmi said 'by the way, you could vote for manslaughter.'

How would she know she was pushed to the brink????? She can't remember what happened after she shot him. What pushed her......maybe it was because he blood into her face after she stabbed him in the chest? Remember she said he spit water or something at her while he was telling her "kill you....." but she remembers that.

I did, too. There is no way, IMO, that this would happen without a dissenter; they don't need to go over the evidence beyond this day. I can live in hope, but in reality I feel really irked.

I hate to admit it but I am feeling irked about now. NG suggesting the American Jury system is broken. Her guests are agreeing. I've been let down before, then to have a Jury member say, if they only knew what they knew now. If the jurist is going to want a video of the crime and cannot make any leaps in circumstantial evidence. Judges should allow all the evidence in! I really dislike this prejudicial evidence kept out especially in. DP, So what! This is their crime! Their evidence! I wonder if the clock would be the same if they had ALL THE EVIDENCE ON JA.

I don't want to be a downer, I am sorry if I sound this way, but gesus! She admits the murder..TA was killed 3 ways! I don't see how this could take so long. Hopefully they will agree M1 tomorrow.
I just don't understand how it could be any lesser.

The comment he made during phone sex with his girl means absolutely nothing...

Lets not forget she was talking like a little girl throughout the convo...

He probably didn't even know he was being recorded by the psycho...

honestly i don't get it, every one saying what they did was so "kinky" - especially on hln - frankly on the kink scale, they didn't even get their freak flag to half mast - i think (especially on the tv networks) it really was much ado about nothing, and i don't think it will make that much difference imo

I swear, once this trial is over I am NEVER watching HLN again.

they are resuming at 1:00 tomorrow? that is ridiculous. it doesn't sound to me that they are taking this very seriously. there is a family in misery.

what is the freaking deal? jmo

They resume at 10:00 a.m. ARIZONA time

Which will be 1:00 p.m. EASTERN TIME ZONE

Seriously? That is 10 AM their time, not the agreed upon 9AM last Friday. Is this right???

Yep, 10am Arizona time. I almost had a mini-stroke when I 1st read the previous post of 1pm EST because my brain immediately read it as 1pm their time.

Whew! :hot:

People love Travis .. it's amazing to see how many people really care about justice here, clearly nearly nobody believes the accusations against him .. I am very glad about that.

He really was quite amazing. I came in late on this. Just about the time the sex tape was played, and I never thought I would ever "like" Travis. Never. But, it is none of my business what two consenting (and Jodi WAS consenting) adults say or do in private where there is no victim. Travis did not commit any crime. Jodi did, and I hope she pays with her life.

The comment he made during phone sex with his girl means absolutely nothing...

Lets not forget she was talking like a little girl throughout the convo...

He probably didn't even know he was being recorded by the psycho...

Why on God's green earth would TA make reference to a 12 year old IF he had just been found out by JA and, according to her, hated himself for it?? And, would the murderess be giggling if she had just found out he was a pedophile, which, according to her story made her throw up, twice??

Because there was no pedophilia. AT ALL.

Sickofitall - not directed at you, just jumped off your post.

Ha BK's description made NG questions JC again how the "defiant" female juror.

I'm waiting for a Alexis and Krystal moment

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

alexis/krystal moment..........tooooo funny

I'm going to kinda repeat what I said in my other thread. It was reported on HLN all day that Jodi is in the basement with no writing utensils and such.

Then the man responsible for her from the Sheriff's department came on and said she has nothing to do there. She is just sitting and waiting. No drawing pictures. I just took a lovely shower, painted my nails and am about to make a yummy dinner for my family. Thank you Jodi for making me appreciate the little details that much more.

Well... I must say that while the wait has been agonizing and my thoughts are always toward the family it does make it sting a tiny bit less knowing Jodi has to sit there and do nothing all day long but eat her peanut butter sandwich. I wonder if it's difficult to do headstands in the jail garb.

And not to be disparaging at all, I am genuinely concerned for JC on HLN. She has been saying some outrageous stuff about the jury. The last time she did so (becuase it's been multiple times) she looked extremely angry. Did any of you catch that? She even said something to the effect of it being her opinion. Especially about a Juror who looks like Jodi's mom, is walking a really rough way and is totally different from the way she was in court.

I was shocked to see a reporter act so angry about what I feel is a very delicate situation...describing the Jury. You don't want to over report that. Did she get into trouble? Honestly, I feel she has gone too far and I would much rather have Beth give us this information.

I expect nothing less than this jury to thoroughly review the evidence, correlate the evidence and their discussion to the jury instructions and possibly NOT vote until after this process. This jury has shown, via their questions and time commitment, to be dedicated to the process and to giving Travis justice. All the diarrhea of all the TH's is driving me nuts - if that is even possible. rofl

Thank you for Seinfeld and The Bang reruns.

Serenity NOW.

<3 Beth Kara's and her keeping it real.

They resume at 10:00 a.m. ARIZONA time

Which will be 1:00 p.m. EASTERN TIME ZONE

Thank you, Ransom. I was very close to shedding my calm exterior.

I actually think it is a better sign than in the FCA case. I was in WV when that verdict came down with no internet, cell service or cable. A "neighbor" dropped me in a cable line to see the verdict. After only 11 hours or less they come back with NOT GUILTY in that case?? I would rather this jury take their time and come back with a proper verdict. I STILL cannot believe that CA is walking away even after what Judge Perry said about the case. Let them take their time. Could be a better sign for justice. I am about so sick of this so called "Justice system" in this county I throw in my mouth a little every time someone SO guilty gets away with something. IMO the only thing the law does is see who has the better Attorney. Found that out the hard way myself but nothing as horrible as this.

If I were on the jury, even if I was convinced of my vote, I would understand the gravity of the decision we were making. I would be more than willing to take the time to go through the evidence, points of confusion, etc so as much as possible, everyone was comfortable in their decision. They have to live with this decision for the rest of their lives. They have taken almost 14 hours so far. That is less than four minutes per day of testimony they heard. (54 days divided by 14 hours). That is NOT a lot of time.

That's a great way to put it into perspective! And it's not even counting the cigarette breaks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ouisie