verdict watch 5/8/2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh now that would be justice indeed.

June 4th, I'd rather hear:
The defendant is sentenced to death for the pre-medtiated killing of Travis Alexander.

I have to go to the DMV this afternoon.This whole time I have been in a position to watch should a verdict come down.So..... I am hopeful for this afternoon, but not going to go into a panic if it is not today, I have been thinking about it and have decided that I am not going to stress until Friday afternoon.As someone on another thread stated, we all were incensed in the trial that shall not be named that the jury did not even go through the evidence,
going to keep the faith that is exactly what this jury is doing...their job !If the jury leaves on Friday afternoon and we still have no verdict, I will officially go into panic mode.

I don't know. In other cases, they don't usually have the defendant's own testimony and seen them lie to them NUMEROUS times to their faces. And they don't usually have someone who's already admitted to the killing. So in other cases, they have to determine if the defendant actually did it AND then determine if it was 1st degree, 2nd degree, etc.. I think like you, if it goes past Friday, that is NOT good. This ia pretty clear cut case of premeditation.

I have been in such a peaceful mindset about the outcome of this verdict, until JC walked on camera and purposefully recounted her story of the "stomping juror", intentionally to unsettle us all. What is wrong with that lady????

IMO, she is an alarmist and seeking attention/ratings.

JC speaks for money.. go back and read what OUR court watchers have seen and read BK's comments again... and you'll feel much better :)

HLN and other media sources want those stories that are controversial. JC is looking for new employment and her reporting reflects her ability to make what others see look more controversial by her reporting. It's what the producers want. They don't want a really nice, honest reporter. Look at Ann Curry, gone. Producers want the person who will make people stop in their tracks when they see the reporter, or hear their voice because they know there is a juicy story there. Doesn't matter to some people whether it's the truth or not. Look at all the reality shows. If people stopped watching producers would be looking at what people really want to see.

How ironic would it be if they announced a verdict Friday (May 10th)?

I was just thinking, I hope they don't go all the way to Friday, but if they do, I will be in Las Vegas. So, I found myself wondering "how long of a drive would it would be from Vegas to Phoenix?". It would be awesome to be there for the verdict!!!

BBM: :smile:

God bless him is RIGHT! He stated in his interview that his first impression was that it was domestic dispute. Unfortunately, we have all seen that many will walk away rather than get involved in what they believe is a domestic dispute. Thank God Charles had the courage and conviction to get involved! Three woman and a child were rescued and three families have been reunited!

Yesterday, some were posting negative remarks about Charles due to the statement bolded above (saying it is racist) and the fact that he swore a lot on the call to 911.
I can tell you that I don't care one bit about his language or the above comment (which may be accurate in his neighborhood, but made me laugh)!

Let us remember:
HE STEPPED IN!
HE DID NOT WALK AWAY!
LIVES WERE SAVED!
FAMILIES WERE REUNITED!

If that were our family members his language on the 911 call would be the VERY LAST THING we cared about!

So I say BRAVO Charles! :rockon::rockon:

O/T but he truly is a hero! And, anyone who was upset about what he said or the way he said it should be ashamed. What he said is TRUE! People don't want to hear it and don't want to know about it, but that's the way it really is folks. This is real life! And, that man is a REAL part of life. I love him!

Hellooooo Everyone! I'm a newbie and I'm kind of following this trial in reverse. Hopefully I won't bother y'all with a bunch of silly questions, but there are gaps in the trial I don't know about yet. I'm only on day 8 of watching the trial. My understanding is that Jodi takes the stand at some point. Although I'm not aware of every aspect of the case, yet...I am as anxious as the rest of you in waiting for a verdict. I'm supposed to be studying for final exams, but this case caught my attention last week and I haven't been able to focus since! lol

Three reasons this case/verdict are important to me. First reason, I had a family member brutally murdered in her own home. Second reason, my eldest son was diagnosed with AsPD and JA behaviors (from what I've seen/heard) remind me a lot of his behaviors. Third and most important, Travis' family deserves some type of vindication and justice. As I've learned with my aunt, putting her murderers in prison did not bring her back, but it assured us that they would never be able to harm anyone else. JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS AND HIS FAMILY/LOVED ONES!

:welcome: Great post! :welcome:
Ask anything you want to ask. It will help to keep the boards less snarky as boredom and waiting seems to breed disagreements in some posters! :)

:seeya: Good morning, sunshines!!!!

Maybe today will be the day....maybe it won't. Either way, the jury will return with guilty of murder in the first degree. I have no doubt.

you and me both.....she also mentioned that there were NO cars outside....NO clue of anyone being there from the outside.....

RIGHT! And she said ja went in the kitchen and got a tray of cookies ... she said she was like a Stepford Wife....scary...I sure wanted to hear the rest of that story. I would LOVE Tricia to get her on the radio show and let her talk as she did with Chris Hughes......I think Deanna has a lot more to say.

But wait! JA took an oath, she swore to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth! Maybe in her world a lie means the truth. Her world, and AL's, and CA's and FCA's

It depends on what the definition of "is" is.

I have faith in this jury.

Think about the quality of the questions that were posed to witnesses.

Three jurors were dismissed, yet they have all been respectful of the process. None have spoken out on the trial itself. I may be reading too much into this, yet I believe that conversations were held in that jury room about the importance of this civic duty and some kind of pact may have been made between them. This would then explain why juror 5 and juror 8 attended court after their dismissal; their presence was continued support of the process and the jury.

Reflect back here, if you will, to the numerous debates that have taken place on this forum trying to make sense of information. It is likely that the jury is having these same debates; many have nothing to do with guilt or innocence. These reasonable questions have more to do with trying to make some kind of sense of the evidence. Naming some, but not all, of those issues:

Did Travis know JA was coming that day?
At what time on June 4th did Travis become aware of JA?
Did Travis willingly have sex with JA that day?
Did the gunshot wound come first or last?
Did Travis know that the sex call was being taped on May 10th?
What made Travis so angry as to write those texts on May 26th?

These are major issues which have been discussed here and it is reasonable to expect that the jury is discussing them as well. Coming to some kind of conclusion, even if it is "we will never know" means that the issue has been addressed and thus the jury can feel confident that they have fulfilled their role in reviewing the evidence before reaching their verdict.

But wait! JA took an oath, she swore to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth! Maybe in her world a lie means the truth. Her world, and AL's, and CA's and FCA's

Like my sassy Grandma used to say...

JA "wouldn't know the truth if it jumped up, smacked her in the face and introduced itself by name!"

I am doing my best not to let worry and doubt seep into my thoughts.

Travis' family and friends need all the positive energy, prayers and support that we can send to them. If we feel the way we do, imagine how they must be doing.

I know this is frustrating and worrisome. I am having the same thoughts as many of you are. I will not watch HLN because I do not want to hear their negativity and criticism that just reinforces my worry.

I keep going over my mother's words about the jury. For four months they weren't allowed to speak. They have a lot to say to each other. For example: "OMG, I can't believe you asked that question about the definition of *advertiser censored*".

Oooooh, had to comment!
My grandmother from Arkansas used to make us chocolate gravy on toast for breakfast whenever she visited us.
We always looked forward to her visits!
YUM!

My Aunt Jane and peeps from Ark, too! Loved the chocolate gravy on hot biscuits, yum!

We are all impatient for a verdict, but wouldn't it be delicious if JA was served up her just desserts on June 4? I wouldn't mind waiting!

I don't think it will take that long for this verdict but OMG it would be sweet if she got the results of the punishment phase that day!

Your mouth to God's ears...

Morning everyone!

I hate to start the day off on a negative note - I was just talking to a coworker and she was asking me if I thought today was the day for a verdict. I don't think it is. It's obvious to me that they are combing through the evidence and testimony again, and if that's in fact the case, there is no way they'll be done by today. Possibly Friday.

I was reading on another site of a former juror who was on a capital murder case. He said that all the jurors lost sleep during deliberations, they were very emotional and took it seriously, weighing everything very carefully.

After reading that, the quick verdict in the CA trial made more sense, they didn't have to wrestle with the idea of putting someone away forever, or to their death.

I'm more confident now that they will come back with a guilty verdict, giving someone the death penalty or LWOP has to weigh heavily on you and you would want to be 100% of your decision, so you can go on with your life with confidence you did the right thing and have no second guesses.

I made a BIG OLE batch of my FAMOUS Chocolate Chip Cookies last night and I imagine I will get through bout half of them by this afternoon stressing out over this verdict! I just put in the Sirloin Tip Roast for Beef Manhattan's tonight for dinner. We are having Beef Manhattans, Mashed Potato's, Green Beans from our garden (Last Years I put up) and home made yeast rolls I have proofing right now. Might even make a Home Made Sugar Cream Pie today! I swear I'm gonna gain 50 pounds eating my way through this Verdict! I hope it comes soon or else I'm not going to EVER fit into any of my Summer Clothes!

JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS!!!

I have faith in this jury.

Think about the quality of the questions that were posed to witnesses.

Three jurors were dismissed, yet they have all been respectful of the process. None have spoken out on the trial itself. I may be reading too much into this, yet I believe that conversations were held in that jury room about the importance of this civic duty and some kind of pact may have been made between them. This would then explain why juror 5 and juror 8 attended court after their dismissal; their presence was continued support of the process and the jury.

Reflect back here, if you will, to the numerous debates that have taken place on this forum trying to make sense of information. It is likely that the jury is having these same debates; many have nothing to do with guilt or innocence. These reasonable questions have more to do with trying to make some kind of sense of the evidence. Naming some, but not all, of those issues:

Did Travis know JA was coming that day?
At what time on June 4th did Travis become aware of JA?
Did Travis willingly have sex with JA that day?
Did the gunshot wound come first or last?
Did Travis know that the sex call was being taped on May 10th?
What made Travis so angry as to write those texts on May 26th?

These are major issues which have been discussed here and it is reasonable to expect that the jury is discussing them as well. Coming to some kind of conclusion, even if it is "we will never know" means that the issue has been addressed and thus the jury can feel confident that they have fulfilled their role in reviewing the evidence before reaching their verdict.

Excellent points, gcharlie.

I know a lot of people are hung up on the CA trial but I keep thinking about Mary Winkler.

She shoots her sleeping husband in the back then claims sexual abuse because he made her wear hooker shoes and a hoochie momma wig. AND THE JURY BOUGHT IT!!!

Scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member