verdict watch 5/8/2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
quote=nursebeeme;9393214]slightly o/t: at the hallmark store check out they had GIANT tootsie pops! (like the size of a softball! :eek:

TootsieOop.jpg
[/URL][/IMG][/QUOTE]

I've mustered up all the self-control I have in me to NOT post what's on my mind. I like posting/reading here too much!:fence:

We have the same arrangement. My hubby snores, has sleep apnea, talks in his sleep, bounces one foot up and down all night and has flayed his arms out and hit me in the face a few times. There was no sleep happening for me.

He sounds like my black Lab that sleeps with us lol.

Any word from JC on jurors in possession of apples or other fruit?

I keep having dreams of a verdict being reached..i got a text alert and jumped out of mysleep likea ninja..turns out it was an alert about amanda berry..so glad the girls are back home safe :) i hope we have a verdict by today..justicefor travis has been delayed too long.

Hi

How much time will there be from an announcement that there is a verdict and then the time it's actually read?

One of them got diet coke yesterday. I think it's a secret sign that there's a holdout.

Lets calm down everyone. I just got home from the beach. It's a beautiful day for justice in progress so lets hope for the best. They've only been deliberating for like 13 hours.

Reducing my opinion to absurdity doesn't help. I am not panicking but neither do I hide my head in the sand. I am going with my gut. There is a holdout. This case was a prosecution gem, very clear and methodical and not confusing. The jurors should be outraged at the sadistic slaughter of Travis. Instead, they're smiling.

One of them got diet coke yesterday. I think it's a secret sign that there's a holdout.

Lets calm down everyone. I just got home from the beach. It's a beautiful day for justice in progress so lets hope for the best. They've only been deliberating for like 13 hours.

Yeah, I think most jurors take their job very seriously. They are going through the elements and discussing any slight doubts. This a murder trial. That's got to be intense for them.

JVM: All jurors accounted for, dressed same as during trial, carrying food/coolers

Me, too :( I hope now that they are coming in at 10 AM rather than 9, that it doesn't mean this is going to drag on until the end of the week :(

I hope I don't come off as being disrespectful. I am having a hard time understanding this new schedule. From what I just heard the jury has said " Until a verdict is reached" They are not sequestered, it's taken days to get in 13 1/2 hours. The more time that goes by, the more risk of some Juror mishap, disqualification etc.

This upsets me. Why is is so wrong to sequester them and urge a verdict? What do they get? 5 hours each day incl. Breaks,lunch?
I don't want them to feel pressure, but I think the Judge could have come up with a better solution if sequester was not an option.

Yes, I feel stressed waiting and listening to THs say this Jury has holdouts. Nobody can really know that..:banghead:

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 18m
The juror "Captain O'Neil" just came in with red tee and flip flops. He was with two other jurors. They were smiling. #JodiArias

Flip flops??? That sends a great signal, NOT!

A female juror opens Deliberation Room door, flips hair with her hand and hurries to ladies room to peepee while female bailiff trails behind to accompany her.

Jean Cesarez will report, "OMG, things are intense in that jury room. I just saw a female juror wiping away a tear and running to the ladies room. The bailiff raced after her. Now they're both in the ladies room and I'm sure the juror is sobbing. This does not bode well for Juan Martinez."

Honest to Gawd, you know that's what she would report seeing.

If Jean still practiced law, she would have made a wonderful ambulance chaser.
I grit my teeth when she comments! I take her comments with a box of salt. Now with berth k I perk up.

:drumroll::drumroll: per HLN CLOCK : 14:00 HOURS

:scared::scared::scared:

I love how they have the "BREAKING NEWS" flash in and out with the sound effects...right before they go to commercial. :floorlaugh:

Ah...i see that now. Why oh why. Lol

I understand that defence, anyway, wants the dumbest. A general dumbing down is happening, IMO. And the siren call of being special in the media circus.

Not every defendant is guilty. I don't believe that is a fair generalization of defense attorneys. You know there are ones out there trying to make sure innocent people don't go to prison. Because that happens, probably far more than alleged guilty people going free.

The media circus is a problem. I don't think any juror should be allowed to profit from jury duty in any way, I don't think their names should ever be released. I think people should be on juries for public service, not public attention. And IMO the only way to start dealing to limit what they can say or do after a trial.

There are no good hard & fast answers, IMO.

I hope answering questions - I feel better knowing they asked him questions vs. the defense.

There is no way JM would be allowed to go in the jury room and answer questions. All questions would be submitted in writing, reviewed with both counsel, and answered by the judge.

I am so tempted to make a cup of jo, my daytimer ( I plan everything) nd just go sit on the porch with hubby.Seriously.

Hi

How much time will there be from an announcement that there is a verdict and then the time it's actually read?

Sounds like an hour scheduled, but realistically, it could be sooner if everyone is gathered.

Surely there are jurors who were into the CA case. I'm betting they are taking their time in order to avoid being compared to the Pinellas 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay