***VERDICT WATCH*** Jimmy Rodgers Trial Thread (livestream) Days 1-11 2019.10.10-22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Closing up for the night. Trial discussion thread is open
@beach.. thoughts re not starting tonight....
I think it's already late and they're tired. Judge explained to them that his instructions would take 45 minutes. So basically, they wouldn't even be able to begin deliberations until 6:45 eastern. Just go home and begin tomorrow morning. No big deal. They've had a long day.

Tuesday, October 22nd:
*Trial Continues (Day 9) Jury will start deliberations! (@ 9am ET) - FL – Dr. Teresa Ann Grace Sievers (46) (June 29, 2015, Bonita Springs) - *Jimmy Ray Rodgers (28) arrested & charged (2/23/16) & arraigned (5/5/16) with 1st degree premeditated murder with a weapon, conspiracy to commit 1st degree premeditated murder & burglary. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial began on 10/10/19. Trial expected to last 4 to 5 weeks. Jury: 5 men & 7 women, 2 alternates: 1 man & 1 woman.
Court hearings, Jury selection & trial from 1/25/19 thru 10/18/19 reference post #1350 here:
Jimmy Rodgers Trial Thread (livestream) Days 1-11 2019.10.10-21

10/21/19 Day 8: Waiting on Judge Bruce Kyle to make a ruling on defense's motion for judgement of acquittal. Acquittal-denied. He said the state met their burden. Judge is addressing Rodgers now about his decision to testify or not. Rodgers will not take the witness stand. The defense rested without witnesses. Jurors released. The Defense renew their motion for judgement of acquittal. Judge denied renewal of the JOA motion, saying it's enough to hand off to a jury for them to decide. Review of jury instructions done. State says they will need 3 hours for closing, defense says they will need 2 hours. Jury sent for lunch. Defense wants circumstantial evidence instruction to be read to jury. State arguing against it, saying it's not a fully circumstantial case, asking if court reads that, it must also read direct evidence. The defense is asking for sequestration once jury deliberations start. If jury does not have a verdict by tomorrow, they will be sequestered. Here's the game plan: closing statements today, send jurors home, have them come back tomorrow morning for jury instructions. Closing arguments: ASA Cynthia Ross. Donald McFarlane does closing for defense. ASA Hamid Hunter doing final closing statements on behalf of state. Judge announced he's not going to give the instruction on circumstantial evidence. He will put it in the case file in the event that comes up on appeal. The defense withdrew their motion to sequester the jury. Jury will get instructions tomorrow morning & begin deliberation then. Back tomorrow 10/22 at 9am.
*Mark D. Sievers (50) – Trial tentatively scheduled for 11/12.
*Curtis Wayne Wright, Jr. (41) arrested (10/14/15) & charged (10/20/15) & indicted (5/5/16) with 2nd degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. Took plea deal (2/19/16) & plead guilty to 2nd degree murder; serving 25 years, waives all rights to appeal. Will testify at trials. Sentencing on 12/2.

MS had no reason to kill TS as she was the breadwinner. o_O

No mention of life insurance.

Out of one side of their mouths are saying the reason he wanted her killed is because she was leaving him and taking the kids. Out of the other side of their mouth they are saying she is worth more alive than dead.

* scratches head*

Sounds mutually exclusive as if she leaves him, he doesn't get any of her money anymore, and would be out of a job.

1. Jaclyn Bevis‏ @jbevis10 4m4 minutes ago
    This comes after 15 days of trial. Six days of jury selection and nine days of witnesses for the state. Nearly a full day of that in total was for cooperating co-defendant Curtis Wright on the witness stand #trialtweets #JimmyRodgersontrial #TeresaSievers #nbc2courtcoverage

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes
    Show this thread

2. Jaclyn Bevis‏ @jbevis10 6m6 minutes ago
    We're waiting to get jury instructions started for #JimmyRodgersontrial. Rodgers faces charges of first degree murder, conspiracy to commit murder, and burglary with a weapon. His sentence is considered today, only a verdict. #teresasievers #trialtweets #nbc2courtcoverage

Jaclyn Bevis‏ @jbevis10 39s39 seconds ago

Jaclyn Bevis Retweeted NBC2

If you're catching up from closing arguments for #JimmyRodgersontrial, this video has some highlights from the state and defense statements a we wait for jury instructions and deliberation. #nbc2courtcoverage #teresasievers #trialtweets

Jaclyn Bevis added,

4KgmmtkrVpdFwide.jpg

To me Wayne has so many stories he packed into the event but none have much detail if they were his own experiences. I thought it odd that he’s been to the Sievers residence multiple times and even ridden the motorcycle before, that he would be out checking it out. So I have a different theory.

I think those things sound like what I would expect from JR, never being in the house before. I think JR was in the garage looking at the motorcycle, and when Teresa drove up he hid. I think CW was in the pantry. I think CW attacked Teresa, and struggled getting her down. I think JR came in when he heard the commotion and kicked the dog bowl. I think CW hit her with the hammer while she was on the ground. I think JR said thats enough. I think JR cleaned up the mess. I think when they got out of there, CW said where were you? and JR told him he was looking at the motorcycle when she opened the garage door. I think this murder was planned and they are both guilty. But I think CW is telling JR’s story.

Maybe I’m wrong, idk.

@beach Is the jail close to the courthouse? Do they house them at court while waiting for the verdict in the daytime? Here in Oregon we have the jail connected to the courthouse and they transport inmates through a walking tunnel so they don't have to host them at court while the inmate is waiting for a verdict.

@beach Is the jail close to the courthouse? Do they house them at court while waiting for the verdict in the daytime? Here we have the jail connected to the courthouse and the transport inmates through a walking tunnel so they don't have to host them at court while the inmate is waiting for a verdict.

The downtown jail is connected to the courthouse. The stockade is across town. I’m sure they keep them downtown during trial.

Tuesday, October 22nd:
*Trial Continues (Day 9) Jury will start deliberations! (@ 9am ET) - FL – Dr. Teresa Ann Grace Sievers (46) (June 29, 2015, Bonita Springs) - *Jimmy Ray Rodgers (28) arrested & charged (2/23/16) & arraigned (5/5/16) with 1st degree premeditated murder with a weapon, conspiracy to commit 1st degree premeditated murder & burglary. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial began on 10/10/19. Trial expected to last 4 to 5 weeks. Jury: 5 men & 7 women, 2 alternates: 1 man & 1 woman.
Court hearings, Jury selection & trial from 1/25/19 thru 10/18/19 reference post #1350 here:
Jimmy Rodgers Trial Thread (livestream) Days 1-11 2019.10.10-21

10/21/19 Day 8: Waiting on Judge Bruce Kyle to make a ruling on defense's motion for judgement of acquittal. Acquittal-denied. He said the state met their burden. Judge is addressing Rodgers now about his decision to testify or not. Rodgers will not take the witness stand. The defense rested without witnesses. Jurors released. The Defense renew their motion for judgement of acquittal. Judge denied renewal of the JOA motion, saying it's enough to hand off to a jury for them to decide. Review of jury instructions done. State says they will need 3 hours for closing, defense says they will need 2 hours. Jury sent for lunch. Defense wants circumstantial evidence instruction to be read to jury. State arguing against it, saying it's not a fully circumstantial case, asking if court reads that, it must also read direct evidence. The defense is asking for sequestration once jury deliberations start. If jury does not have a verdict by tomorrow, they will be sequestered. Here's the game plan: closing statements today, send jurors home, have them come back tomorrow morning for jury instructions. Closing arguments: ASA Cynthia Ross. Donald McFarlane does closing for defense. ASA Hamid Hunter doing final closing statements on behalf of state. Judge announced he's not going to give the instruction on circumstantial evidence. He will put it in the case file in the event that comes up on appeal. The defense withdrew their motion to sequester the jury. Jury will get instructions tomorrow morning & begin deliberation then. Back tomorrow 10/22 at 9am.
*Mark D. Sievers (50) – Trial tentatively scheduled for 11/12.
*Curtis Wayne Wright, Jr. (41) arrested (10/14/15) & charged (10/20/15) & indicted (5/5/16) with 2nd degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. Took plea deal (2/19/16) & plead guilty to 2nd degree murder; serving 25 years, waives all rights to appeal. Will testify at trials. Sentencing on 12/2.

Just wanted to thank you, Niner, for posting this. Got up from resting ('cause I couldn't sleep), in a panic, because I was confused as to the start time, frantically searching for the live stream on Law and Crime. I knew you would save me! xoxoxo!

To me Wayne has so many stories he packed into the event but none have much detail if they were his own experiences. I thought it odd that he’s been to the Sievers residence multiple times and even ridden the motorcycle before, that he would be out checking it out. So I have a different theory.

I think those things sound like what I would expect from JR, never being in the house before. I think JR was in the garage looking at the motorcycle, and when Teresa drove up he hid. I think CW was in the pantry. I think CW attacked Teresa, and struggled getting her down. I think JR came in when he heard the commotion and kicked the dog bowl. I think CW hit her with the hammer while she was on the ground. I think JR said thats enough. I think JR cleaned up the mess. I think when they got out of there, CW said where were you? and JR told him he was looking at the motorcycle when she opened the garage door. I think this murder was planned and they are both guilty. But I think CW is telling JR’s story.

Maybe I’m wrong, idk.

Could be.

Can someone who watched the testimony closer than I did tell me your impressions of the testimony about the hammer(s), wounds, etc. Do you think only one hammer was used? Couldn't tell? Definitely two? Was there any testimony that stated that only one hammer could have made all the wounds?

Could be.

Can someone who watched the testimony closer than I did tell me your impressions of the testimony about the hammer(s), wounds, etc. Do you think only one hammer was used? Couldn't tell? Definitely two? Was there any testimony that stated that only one hammer could have made all the wounds?

One of the state’s witnesses testified it could have been one hammer and one assailant, could also have been more than one.
I’m not saying they didn’t both bludgeon her, I don’t know, but the irrelevant stories CW adds in to me seem like they aren’t his own experiences, they lack detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc