***VERDICT WATCH*** Jimmy Rodgers Trial Thread (livestream) Days 1-11 2019.10.10-22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jake Allen‏Verified account @Jake_Allen19 6m6 minutes ago

Fitzgeorge asks if the collection process of trace evidence is essential. Otterstatter said yes.

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes
Thanks. Twitter will use this to make your timeline better. Undo
Undo

• Jake Allen‏Verified account @Jake_Allen19 7m7 minutes ago

By its very nature, trace evidence is very small and not extensive in quantity, Fitzgeorge asks. Otterstatter said yes it is small, but is not always small in quantity.

Undo

• Jake Allen‏Verified account @Jake_Allen19 8m8 minutes ago

Assistant Public Defender Kathleen Fitzgeorge is cross examining her. "Are you experienced in analyzing hair?," she asks Otterstatter.

Undo

Jake Allen‏Verified account @Jake_Allen19 7m7 minutes ago

The FBI did not collect the trace evidence from the Elantra or the Sievers home, Otterstatter said. The trace evidence was collected by the Lee County Sheriff's Office and submitted to the FBI for analysis, Otterstatter said.

Undo

Jake Allen‏Verified account @Jake_Allen19 2m2 minutes ago

These coveralls appeared navy blue and appeared to be damaged, Otterstatter said. The coverall was in pieces, appeared worn and had holes in various places, she said.

Undo

• Jake Allen‏Verified account @Jake_Allen19 5m5 minutes ago

Fitzgeorge is driving home the point that trace evidence is easily transferable. "Someone goes to an airport, they sit down they are probably picking up some type of fibers," she asks. Otterstatter said yes, fibers can be picked up at an airport.

Undo

• Jake Allen‏Verified account @Jake_Allen19 6m6 minutes ago

"Are you aware this Hyundai Elantra was a rental car," Fitzgeorge asks. Otterstatter said yes but that was not a factor in her evaluation of the trace evidence.

Undo

1. Jake Allen‏Verified account @Jake_Allen19 19s19 seconds ago
    "None of that evidence speaks to a certain time frame of when an item or debris was placed on there," Fitzgeorge asks.

Otterstatter said she cannot say when fibers got to a certain place or how they got there.

2. Jake Allen‏Verified account @Jake_Allen19 2m2 minutes ago
    Fitzgeorge asks if the coveralls were examined for blood or duct tape residence.

Otterstatter said the FBI did not examine the coveralls for blood or duct tape.

Ugh, I see that some family members are camera shy today. I am going to have to turn off the sound.... KF was a real "turn off" for me (after the way she acted and kept hiking her shoulders and back peddling.) ....even when she appears to be smiling. Lo and behold, she is acting composed and acting as if she has read all the evidence. An amazing change of attitude between yesterday's extremely defensive posture, to today.....Oh well, some people can compartmentalize their inappropriate actions and move on, huh?
What difference if their are 400 different types of fibers or 4000 types of fiber? The preponderance (of even 1 in 400) is pretty darned substantial proof of those coveralls being in the rental car. KF is not asking any earth shattering questions....it is kind of "run-of-the-mill" questioning of how the evidence was collected and processed. No "gottcha's"

Ugh, I see that some family members are camera shy today. I am going to have to turn off the sound.... KF was a real "turn off" for me (after the way she acted and kept hiking her shoulders and back peddling.) ....even when she appears to be smiling. Lo and behold, she is acting composed and acting as if she has read all the evidence. An amazing change of attitude between yesterday's extremely defensive posture, to today.....Oh well, some people can compartmentalize their inappropriate actions and move on, huh?
What difference if their are 400 different types of fibers or 4000 types of fiber? The preponderance (of even 1 in 400) is pretty darned substantial proof of those coveralls being in the rental car. KF is not asking any earth shattering questions....it is kind of "run-of-the-mill" questioning of how the evidence was collected and processed. No "gottcha's"
The gottcha for me was the fibers found on TS's dress and leg

The gottcha for me was the fibers found on TS's dress and leg
OMAMA Of course, you are absolutely correct! I was only writing about KF's cross examination not finding any "gottcha's". I'm pretty sickened by the actions of these perps.....absolutely horrific. OT....I remember a case in which the perp lied and lied to his family about a crime. Then the trial started and they began to hear the details. When the court took a break, all the relatives left (except for the Mother) and NEVER came back.

Taylor Petras‏ @TaylorPetras 1m1 minute ago
CROSS EXAMINATION: The witness testified she didn't compare the jumpsuit found on the side of the road to the jumpsuits at the Doe Run facility. @winknews

She's just trying to confuse & plant seeds of doubt in the jury. Doesn't make a whit of difference. Bottom line - the fibers matched the coveralls tossed on the side of the road which were worn by Jimmy Rodgers.

Fitzgeorge made no headway with this witness. No harm, no foul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff