***VERDICT WATCH*** Jimmy Rodgers Trial Thread (livestream) Days 1-11 2019.10.10-22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Partial verdict in the Markel case.. One is guilty and the other one the jury is hung on... ugh. No one knows who yet (update: Garcia is guilty and the jury is hung on KM) Jury is told to go back and deliberate on KM. Sigh....

Last edited:
Mike Downs has done a superb job as lead detective in this case and he is doing well testifying. I thought he explained the "witness assistance" aid extremely well. Doesn't sound nearly as nefarious as defense attorney made it sound in opening statements. She was a pregnant, young single mother who was about to be homeless. If anyone would qualify for witness assistance, it would be Taylor.

As far as this defense story line about Mike Downs threatening to take her babies away ( :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ) - keep in mind the ONLY job the defense has is to create reasonable doubt in the mind of ONE juror. Only ONE. It's a story they are praying someone is gonna buy into.

Last edited:
As far as this defense story line about Mike Downs threatening to take her babies away :)rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:) - keep in mind the ONLY job the defense has is to create reasonable doubt in the mind of ONE juror. Only ONE. It's a story they are praying someone is gonna buy into.
And that just happened in the Markel case.

And that just happened in the Markel case.
It happens. Seen it many times. Still, what really matters is Taylor's testimony and how well she withstands cross-examination. The defense has their hands full because if they beat up on her too harshly, the jury will sympathize with her and hold it against the defense.

Thank You everyone for keeping us informed of what's going on in this trial. I have to leave soon for a doctor's appt.

I get sad and angry every time I think about how horrifying it was for TS getting home from a trip and what those men did to her. I'm following along hoping I'll see JR get the max. In reality, all three deserve the max.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff