VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I very much hope the jury takes their time. That first week of explaining trial 1 happened a long long time ago, which was Nurmi's strategy all along. Week one was crucial. Flores' testimony explained that she premeditated the murder for weeks, not during some mysterious interlude between sex and the shower as Nurmi has told them.

They need to see that "WEEKS" in their notes. The gas cans, hair dye, stolen gun.... all of it. Jury instructions tell them there is no specified time for premeditation, and Nurmi fashioned mitigator 6 and all his hints at snapped around that instruction.. He specifically drew their attention to #6 today as most important. He wants residual doubt.

We definitely won't have a verdict this week, they have barely started and only have tomorrow left to deliberate this week. :gaah:

The jury in the "American Sniper" trial came back with a verdict in less than three hours after they got the case (yesterday).

Good riddance.

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: OMG ... I almost spit out my Coke when I read that !

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: . . . :seeya:

That deserves a darning needle......DONE! I put it in really slow for you and twisted it a little as I did.

Put mine through the lips, please. I don't ever want to hear another word from that mouth. (Maybe you should be sure all three holes are stitched tight?)

Some more Photos from today:

Tom Tingle ‏@TomTingle2 · 37m37 minutes ago

#JodiArias gets teary-eyed as judge reads jury instructions after final closing argument by defense. #LifeOrDeath

B-tsc_eVEAAXLXv.jpg

Tom Tingle ‏@TomTingle2 · 35m35 minutes ago

"You only cry for yourself!"

I agree that we have no idea if he swayed anyone, but......BUT I do find it hard to grasp that the jury would be duped by the lies.....that's all they were presented with is lies. And despite not "knowing as much as we do," they have to know .they've been lied to in a big way. Wilma, Nurmi, Geff, Fonesca, and Jodi herself through these people.

Is she a "crazy biotch" yea, but first and foremost she's a liar, and I can't see them trusting anything the DT spewed. Add in the type of lies they were fed and it's even more infuriating and revolting. Lastly, she showed zero remorse. Nurmi claiming she's remoresful during closing is not the same as the murderess's getting up and owning it.

But in the end, who knows. /sigh

Eta

I just noticed this guy's name, "Tom Tingle" not that had to be rough....talk about abuse :giggle:

THANK YOU!! That helps a lot!
Here's another that has recaps and dates: AGH>>>>>I don't think I can post another website from a blog???? Caught myself before getting put in TO!! It's a personal blog from what I can tell, not a media one. I'll post it if it's allowed and anyone is interested.

I'd like to see, if it's okay.

Here's one that links to mainstream media articles and it goes back to right after the 2013 trial:
http://www.eversnark.com/

I want ultimate punishment but I can't help but feel a little sorry for the Arias family, especially her siblings. They didn't sign up for having a murderer for a sister. I do feel for them.

BBM. I was on a jury (not a murder trial) where two of the jurors voted not guilty, the remainder guilty. This was over 20 years ago and I still remember exactly who the "not guiltys" were. And older man, Jehovah's Witness and retired school teacher. And an older woman, homemaker type, also retirement age. And yes, one of them, the older woman, indicated nothing would change her mind, period. She refused to deliberate, she had made up her mind, and that was that. Game over. I am really worried about that happening here.

Just wondering, did you all ever offer to let her try and change your minds? Sometimes having to explain yourself makes a person see things differently. It will highlight the things they're letting their emotions and not the facts dictate.

BBM. I was on a jury (not a murder trial) where two of the jurors voted not guilty, the remainder guilty. This was over 20 years ago and I still remember exactly who the "not guiltys" were. And older man, Jehovah's Witness and retired school teacher. And an older woman, homemaker type, also retirement age. And yes, one of them, the older woman, indicated nothing would change her mind, period. She refused to deliberate, she had made of her mind, and that was that. Game over.

I am really worried about that happening here.

Normally, I am always excused for jury duty due to my career, but I did get on a Federal criminal trial once, and it was the same as you described. We had to vote on 2 counts for the defendant. We all reached unanimous guilty on one charge (aggravated assault), but 2 hung on guilty on a DWI charge. We were told to keep deliberating for 8 more hours before the judge finally said ok. (Because actually, the AA charge was more serious.) But it was one woman that would not even sit and listen at the table. And the other just was a true jerk.

One never knows, and we also need to remember sometimes a juror isn't very bright - I don't mean that as a put down, I mean it as being realistic.

I hope that is not what we experience with this jury!

I very much hope the jury takes their time. That first week of explaining trial 1 happened a long long time ago, which was Nurmi's strategy all along. Week one was crucial. Flores' testimony explained that she premeditated the murder for weeks, not during some mysterious interlude between sex and the shower as Nurmi has told them.

They need to see that "WEEKS" in their notes. The gas cans, hair dye, stolen gun.... all of it. Jury instructions tell them there is no specified time for premeditation, and Nurmi fashioned mitigator 6 and all his hints at snapped around that instruction.. He specifically drew their attention to #6 today as most important. He wants residual doubt.

That was the DTs strategy to put as much time as possible between deliberations and the states testimony about the premeditation and they accomplished that and then some putting months and months between the testimony.
Their other strategy was to trash Travis enough that one juror might think he had it coming. That part I hope failed miserably.

I cannot for the life of me stay caught up. It took me until 12:45 to catch up from yesterday's thread! So of course I was behind again today since trial started at 11:30 for me. Just took a shower and ya'll are already on page 7. I have a Dr.'s appointment in 25 minutes :gaah:

Thanks to all who tweeted today! My thanks button has a mind of it's own, and I don't have the patience to refresh after each post. If you posted and I didn't thank you, it wasn't for lack of me trying!!! My button CHOOSES who I can thank :smile:

Gotta go and I.don't.want.to!

Oh, HLN is discussing the sniper trial ~ I wish they would at least have a verdict box on the bottom of the screen.....but noooooooooooooo Somebody needs to tell Arias that she is NOT relevant anymore . She absolutely could have gave her little presentation or even testified in open court cause nobody cares anymore. I bet she'll be looking for MK right now, because she's wanting to do an interview. Oh my bad. I forgot the camera's and people make her too nervous. Gotta go, Frigga, save me a seat!!!!!

From News20

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 8m8 minutes ago

#JodiArias' mom & sister leave court after defense's closing arguments.

B-tw8IsUEAAYtOn.jpg

I assume that is Donovan in the mohawk/mullet? Sorry if this has been laughed about 200 times, I'm just catching up.

We have to remember, this jury never heard ALL of the details we are privy to, and they didn't even hear as much testimony about the crime itself as the first jury did. If that jury couldn't sentence her to death, I see no way this jury will. There are too many things going against it..

1) She's a woman, and women rarely receive the DP.

2) This sentencing phase was one chaotic joke of a proceeding. Between the ridiculous drawn out schedule, the disjointed testimony due to numerous motions, delays, witness unavailability...the jury was given bits and pieces of a jumbled mess of testimony which mostly consisted of paid opinions.

3) The defense was allowed so much latitude to bash the victim (with no basis in fact), and at least one juror, if not more, will believe Jodi was abused...either by Travis or in her childhood and will think that is a mitigating factor.

4) This jury has to be tired and ready to be done, and won't want to deliberate or try to convince their fellow jurors until they have a unanimous agreement.

All I can do is pray that IF this jury does give her life, JSS will redeem herself (because I think she's been awful and hasn't been authoritative or controlled this proceeding as she should) and give her LWOP.

We all have to remember...we did get JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS when the first jury said she was guilty of 1st degree murder. We can't lose sight of that fact, regardless of what decision this jury arrives at.

Prayers for Travis and the Alexander family, and thanks to Juan and Detective Flores for their hard work and dedication to this case.

1. I hope the jurors have common sense. Sad that you even have to hope for that nowadays.
2. If they're over it and just want to be done, then they shouldn't sit on a jury, because that's a sad excuse to not deliberate.

IIRC they were boyfriend and girlfriend for 2 months. What I cannot remember is how long did they actually know each other until she murdered Travis?

quite an unfortunate haircut for Donovan

True, because otherwise she looks lovely... :gaah:

Also... JA's mom's demeanor for this entire trial astounds me. She seems absolutely chill
with her daughter being a murderess. Never even a furrowed brow.
One heckuva family...

From Paul's notes:

“…and you must accept the jury’s prior verdict. You must accept that the defendant caused the death of another, acted with premeditation and reflected on the act before the killing. The time may not be a prolonged amount of time in premeditation,” she said. She adjusted her glasses on the rim of her nose and continued while the jurors read along silently.

The highlighted instruction really bothers me. Nurmi claiming/saying it was just a snap premeditation, moments, an incident. Not sure how much Juan could say about the weeks of planning JA really did.

I want ultimate punishment but I can't help but feel a little sorry for the Arias family, especially her siblings. They didn't sign up for having a murderer for a sister. I do feel for them.

Here is where I'm not the majority when it comes to family, but I wouldn't stand by and support my sister in any way shape or form. I would write off my own child if they did something like this. Wrong is wrong and blood won't change that for me. Also I have a tight close family but above all I believe in right and wrong and I have seen to many families support bad behavior from drug use to murder to child molesting and it makes me I'll. My children ( I have 3 ) are my everything and I pray I'm never in this position but I know me and I'd love them but I wouldn't support them. JMO

No, but I think they were her accomplices... Carl took her to get the car, I have suspicions that her sister may have removed evidence when she left for rehab shortly after the murder and before JA was arrested, the "stolen" phone... yea right, her folks for getting her the rental car and hiding the gun in it for her "escape" the day she was arrested, not to mention her ex-bf's assistance, gas-cans, forged letters, GS's help with both being a witness and one of her phones plus that whole 3 day stay with him in Vegas right when all this started going down(recordings etc).

Am I allowed to say the bungholio? And which Websleuthers coined that term? I forget, but definitely an instant classic. A gold ribbon winner. lolz

I have used it frequently but I heard it from my kids years ago. (of all people!) I think it may be from a cartoon or show in the '90's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member