VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a list of some sort describing the jury? I remember that people kept saying they were a younger jury. I'm trying to put who is left into perspective knowing who is "out". I think that the sex talk will not work with a younger jury because in this day & age we see so much of it all around us (movies, tv, internet, etc.).

**ETA** No, I do not think older people are prudes or anything like that. I think people as a whole are very desensitized to sex these days.

They CAN if they choose, but their first decision was to decide on their schedule and they chose 9:30-4 I believe, with no deliberation on Friday.

With that answer, you know it ain't gonna be quick...:dunno:

You know, even if EVERYTHING JA said was true, Travis STILL would not have deserved to be murdered, and her mitigating factors do not justify a lesser sentence.

Just reminding myself of this in case there is someone on that jury that actually believes her.

I agree this case is definitely one where the death penalty is appropriate. For me, it was the despicable defense tactic of trashing the victim over and over and over, up to and including closing argument in the final phase.

However, one mitigator that would help me vote for Life instead of Death is remorse. Now, don't get me wrong--that doesn't apply to Arias because she has never expressed remorse. I am speaking in terms of murder cases where there is actual remorse--I could never vote for death in a case like that.

Arias's defense should have been more about contrition and less blaming Travis. She should get DP because of her defense tactics and no real mitigators. That doesn't mean she will, though. There are too many chances of a stealth juror and I am already getting ready emotionally in the event we have one (again).

Serious question. Not snark. Does anyone here think it even remotely possible that one or more jurors will think Travis was a pedophile? If not, does anyone here think that any juror will vote for life, knowing that she accused the man she murdered of being a pedophile?

I'll take the bait.

We obviously don't know what each of them will think, but I've wondered how much they wonder about the previous jury's failure to reach consensus.

It shouldn't, but will that knowledge give them pause... second thoughts, perhaps? Will they have a tendency to look for reasonable doubts they believe some of the prior jurors found?

omg what?! what is wrong with her...jeezo. i cringed just reading that....kinda hoping it wasn't serious :floorlaugh:

Dead serious. He went there to film something else and ended up with Jodi. That is exactly what happened. Too funny. and weird.

I think the pedo lie just might be the thing that pushes the jury to vote death. What an evil thing to say about someone, especially when they can't defend themselves because you already killed them horribly.

Respectfully snipped. ITA. As someone who is not especially "sold" on the DP, this did it for me. And that LKN brought up the email to a 9 year old girl today ... WTH?

AZL: If you had to guess, how much of the Defense strategy was driven by JA and how much by LKN?

Yesterday's LKN closing was reasonable and approachable, emphasizing JA's psych disorder/mental illness. Today's was (IMO) right back to the carp we've heard ever since the first trial; it sounded far more "Jodi-esque." What's your take?

Wonder what else JA ?buried?/?sunk? with the murder gun, knife & gas cans that kept her from coming clean with LE as to their location???

Omg you guys!!!!! I stepped away for a bit to get ready for work and then I saw we're in verdict watch!!! It feels real now! Nurmi is slime... To use Travis' own words to try and save that miserable... beeeppppp's life... You have GOT to be kidding me!!!!!!! In all honesty I think he helped the state by blaming Travis. He first said no one said he was a bad guy but then went on to say Travis is to basically be blamed for his own death... W T F.

Serious question. Not snark. Does anyone here think it even remotely possible that one or more jurors will think Travis was a pedophile? If not, does anyone here think that any juror will vote for life, knowing that she accused the man she murdered of being a pedophile?
I really don't because here are questions that the jury can think about: peds are specific, was it 12yr girls or 6yr boys? Then, why is he dating/sexting/having sex with grown women? As a juror asked the killer in 1st trial, why would you keep having sex w/him? Too much conflicting info that they put out that doesn't make sense.

So Troy Hayden is killing time on the FOX10 livestream YouTube channel, and he just told the story about how he got the Jodi interview after the original verdict.

Troy went to Estrella Jail to do a story unrelated to Jodi: spending a night with the women inmates. While there, Troy found out Jodi was staying there. Troy entered the pod JA was in, and upon seeing Troy and his camera, JA FREAKED OUT and screamed at Troy to leave. It was so bad, jail security had to remove Jodi from the pod.

Troy then started filming his story about the Estrella women inmates. From afar, JA saw the cameras, and decided she wanted to be a part of it (surprise!). JA sang for Troy (the National Anthem) and made small talk. As Troy was leaving the jail, JA approached Troy and said if he promised not to use the footage of her (assuming she was sans makeup), she would give him a post-verdict exclusive.

I think the fact that JA did not subject herself to cross examination, did not ask for forgiveness herself, was a proven liar, the ridiculous blabbering of the defense "experts", how KN kept going back & forth between JD being biased yet using her diagnosis (okay?), and adding the UNPROVEN pedo accusations to the mix. Then seeing those autopsy photos. That's a lot to entertain. I really don't see how anyone could not vote death. You would have to be voting from your feelings of guilt (of saying someone deserves to die).

And I forgot to mention that horrible letter she sent to the Alexanders. That letter alone would do it for me.

I don't anyone on the jury would think he was a pedo... Because there was nothing to support that but Jodi's own words and Juan did a fabulous job at showing what a liar she is and that you can't believe a think that comes out of her trap. If I was on the jury and there was no factual evidence to support it... I'd be pretty ticked off. She claimed to love travis (you don't slaughter someone you love) but accuses him of something so nasty... I'd be pissed.

oh boy, sounds like Hayden is against the DP, although he doesn't directly admit it. . Wondering if this tends to be the trend in AZ?

Troy thinks JA is crazy for not getting up and apologizing to the Alexanders. :scared:

Actually he said that when you are in the room with her that you can tell she is really really not right. That she has weird reactions to things, and will be crying or mad and then immediately start smiling. He said that when you are with her you can just tell something is wrong with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesaccasey