VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 42

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think about the tonnes of evidence they have to go through. It's best to be thorough isn't it? I'd rather they were sure they had made the correct decision, whatever that is.

i smoked for 51 yrs, have emphzema and always down with bronchitus, have tried i dont know how many times to quit and failed everytime. started vaping 7 months ago, and never picked up a cigarette again. soo easy to lay them down. down to 2 mg nicotene from 18 mg. just dont believe how easy it was. i have a friend whose husband had heart surgery and the surgeon told them no smoking, recommended to them vaping but to stay with 0 mg nicotene. i dont know really how safe it is, but i dont cough anymore, no wheezing, easier breathing. i love it... no cigs... no yellow walls, no stink.... :)

you can quit lyric, i thought i never would be able to, and it was really very easy...with the vaping...good luck, and its worth buying a good set up because thats what youll do anyways once you start getting into it..

image.jpg

Jodi in front of jury v Jodi in front of camera

I finished the knitting! I forgot I need to buy buttons, and I can't until tomorrow. Argh!

I had to stop sewing, I need starch, my bias is spreading. grrrr

I thought the jurors only bringing back cookies on their first break was a good sign that they were close to a verdict, but now I'm not so sure.

Would the original interview video, 48 hours, various jail interviews, be in the jury room?

It would take a lot of time to watch all that video footage.

I am speculating they would have to be brought into court to have it played for them. IIRC this happened in the orig. phase of the trial.

I have served on a jury twice...one was related to a stalking charge against an ex-husband by his ex-wife. We found him not guilty within an hour. The other was an illegal immigrant in the country who had been deported and sneaked back into the country. Should have been an open and shut case - there was no question of her guilt. We ultimately reached a verdict of guilty but it took two full days....there was one holdout who wanted to argue for argument's sake. After we finished, the judge came back and asked why it took us so long. I mention that to say every jury is different, and while we may try to predict, there is no way to know what is going on behind closed doors. I am home from work today though, so fingers crossed that we get that verdict today!

It hasn't been long enough.

Speculate with me to pass the time? Do you think that these jurors, knowing that all this retrial nonsense went on because their predecessors deadlocked, and knowing that their duty is to return a verdict, might keep working for a unanimous verdict? Or maybe not?

I always had the sense that the previous jury was surprised when they heard "mistrial." I know I was surprised, but I don't know anything about trials.

Oh yes. Knowing that this is penalty phase #2 must be an added pressure for them.

From Cathy:
Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 11m11 minutes ago

Jurors are approx now at the time that the last jury hung.

Right now they are around 13 hrs 45 mins. #jodiarias

But they wouldn't have to be known as that if they were normal, like us, and could see their daughter for the killer she is instead of spewing her lies and wearing DV ribbons etc. when they KNOW it's not true. I think they could have stood by their daughter and loved her in spite of what she did, but still stand for justice and realizing that she has to pay the penalty. All of that AND they could be kind and sympathetic to the Alexanders and all that they have had to go thru. But instead they keep peddling lies, and act like Jodi got convicted for something she didn't do when that is clearly not the case.

Definitely not taking up for the Arias siblings but down the road they may come to terms that their sister is a cold blooded murderer and accept what she has done. Not even addressing the parents of Jodi, their actions are inexcusable but however maybe explains why Jodi became Jodi. I was talking only about the brother and sister. They are taught how to act and even how to think about this case. Later on it will be a different story.

i smoked for 51 yrs, have emphzema and always down with bronchitus, have tried i dont know how many times to quit and failed everytime. started vaping 7 months ago, and never picked up a cigarette again. soo easy to lay them down. down to 2 mg nicotene from 18 mg. just dont believe how easy it was. i have a friend whose husband had heart surgery and the surgeon told them no smoking, recommended to them vaping but to stay with 0 mg nicotene. i dont know really how safe it is, but i dont cough anymore, no wheezing, easier breathing. i love it... no cigs... no yellow walls, no stink.... :)

you can quit lyric, i thought i never would be able to, and it was really very easy...with the vaping...good luck, and its worth buying a good set up because thats what youll do anyways once you start getting into it..

Our son just opened a vape shop

Honestly I'm amazed they didn't come back after an hour with a verdict! To me the answer is obvious..... death is what she deserves,
but if they're all leaning towards
LWOP then get er done!

From Cathy:
Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 11m11 minutes ago

Jurors are approx now at the time that the last jury hung.

Right now they are around 13 hrs 45 mins. #jodiarias

But they have not gone to lunch yet have they?!

From Gold Patrol:

The Gold Patrol™ @thegoldpatrol · 4m 4 minutes ago

#jodiarias update - there is no update. Still quiet here

The Gold Patrol™ @thegoldpatrol · 4m 4 minutes ago

#JodiArais jury has 2:15 left to deliberate

Note: I think Jeff means 2:15 hours for Today to deliberate.

It hasn't been long enough.

Speculate with me to pass the time? Do you think that these jurors, knowing that all this retrial nonsense went on because their predecessors deadlocked, and knowing that their duty is to return a verdict, might keep working for a unanimous verdict? Or maybe not?

I always had the sense that the previous jury was surprised when they heard "mistrial." I know I was surprised, but I don't know anything about trials.
I don't know that this jury understands why that jury deadlocked or that they did so incredibly quickly. I'd like to think most juries want to get to a unanimous verdict but hope jurors won't vote against their conscience too.

There's going to be a reckoning for them if they ever seek out details of the case. When I was a juror in a penalty phase, we had to decide criminal responsibility - our decision meant someone spent their life in prison without parole or a psychiatric hospital for an indeterminate period. We chose the former and eventually our verdict was overturned on appeal. I felt sick when I read years later about all the evidence we were precluded from hearing. The defendant was quite obviously very ill but the State presented a compelling case with better expert witnesses and there was a lot, as jurors, we just weren't aware of. Incidentally, as a result, I also don't think 20 year olds are ready for jury duty. I was too young to really understand the weight of deciding the fate of another.

JMO

Wow. What a following for verdict watch. Just got home. Thanks Nash for keeping me updated. :)

Yeppers. They have to weigh the mitigating factors :findinglink: hard to do when they can't find them :facepalm:

That's why they wanted an evidence list. They are desperately trying to find a mitigating factor.

You are soooooo bad. :giggle:

If I had a nickel for every time a woman called me bad. I'd be a millionaire. :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth