VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 42

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they give her life, I hope that some reporter asks the jurors what they would have thought if they knew that she had a handgun and some knives hidden in her car when she was arrested and that she was leaving Yreka.

Am I the only one annoyed? "They're taking too long. There must be holdouts. The world is ending." Relax. This happens every time.

If she gets life, she gets life. Whatever happens, put her away and throw away the key.

Presumably, this jury knows that the jurors in the original trial were unable to reach a unanimous verdict in the penalty phase. I feel certain that the retrial jury wants to render a unanimous verdict - whatever it might be. I don't think they'll hang. :moo:

I agree with you. I did a lot of reading this weekend on narcissistic mothers and their effect on their children. IMO, Sandy may have some narcissistic traits and unfortunately those impacted the kids. Sandy seemed off to me in court, as did her sister; the only emotion I saw was them seemingly laughing. At any other time there was nothing readable on their faces. And their subsequent actions just baffle me - the asking for donations video, hurtful tweets and posts about the Alexanders. IDK, just odd.

I have to say I have found the behavior and mannerisms of the Arias family rather odd.

Maybe Sandi has detached herself emotionally in order to be able to stomach her daughter's lies about being abused by Sandi and Bill. I find both the mom and her sister to have quite the flat affect. Neither of them seemed to be fazed by the horrific autopsy photos of Travis. Even trial watchers in court not connected to the case were profoundly affected.

I don't think Sandi was a narcissistic mom but I do think she spoiled JA rotten and help to create someone that felt entitled to do as they wanted to do without accountability. I have a feeling from a very young age JA had a defiance disorder and the way the family chose to deal with it was to let her get away with everything so there would be some semblance of peace in the household.

I think it was when they tried to correct her a few times that she went into a rage and attacked not only her little brother but her mother as well. I have always felt if the story is true about Bill throwing JA up against a wall it was because she had just attacked and abused her mother.

Deep down I think Sandi has a sigh of relief that the family will no longer have to deal with her. It doesn't mean they don't love her for I am sure they do but it is far better to try to love JA at a distance than up close. I am sure it has crossed their minds now that they know what she is capable of doing and think it could happen to any of them if they made her mad enough. I think they all know how dangerous JA is.

Am I the only one annoyed? "They're taking too long. There must be holdouts. The world is ending." Relax. This happens every time.

If she gets life, she gets life. Whatever happens, put her away and throw away the key.

Relax. People getting fidgy on here also happens every time. :)

If you can't handle a cross-examination, don't hire yourself out as an expert witness. Opposing counsel isn't going to make you a cup of tea and rub your feet.

The ER thing was a stunt. If she has an anxiety d/o she probably has an RX for something she could have taken. Generally people only go to the ER for the first or second attacks bc they think it's actually a heart problem at first.

I totally agree!! My 20 year old daughter had one for the first time last week and so we took her in because it presented almost like a stroke. Now that we know what to look for another trip to the er shouldn't be needed.

What happens every time?

Relax. That happens every time. :)

I'm not stressing too much, since the guilt stage is over. If I'm being honest, I'm more anxious to just have a verdict to END this. Whether it's DP or not, I just hate the actual waiting game,

From Gold Patrol:

The Gold Patrol™ @thegoldpatrol · 3m 3 minutes ago

#JodiArais Flores grabbed a bite to take back into Victim Witness room

-----No word on jurors' lunch or anyone else!

Annoyed? No.....this is the verdict watch thread. Differing opinions, etc.....

After a week of dark skies and misty rain and highs in the 50s, the sun has come out and it's already 75 degrees on my patio. I'm going to take a break from Verdict Watch and sit in the sunshine and try to finish the sweater I started knitting a week before Thanksgiving. Hmm...could that be a metaphor for this trial? And as soon as I finish the sweater the jury will announce their verdict??

(I've got about an inch of one sleeve left to do...)

From Gold Patrol:

The Gold Patrol™ @thegoldpatrol · now

#JodiArais Deanna is here

Heading out for a ride .. so hopefully (for you guys) that means the jury will come back with a verdict in the next 90 mins, because it'd be just my luck to miss it .. :D

:seeya: Just got back from mine, and there was no verdict waiting - so good luck with that theory!! :rolleyes:

I don't it was fair for BK to blame JM's "aggressive" style for ALV's trip to the hospital for anxiety. That was due to public outrage at her testimony.
IMO, that was for her lying on the stand! Internal guilt.

From Cathy:
Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 1m1 minute ago

First juror deliberated almost 14 hrs before they hung. #jodiarias

She meant "jury" !

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 54s55 seconds ago

I hate when I hit enter too soon. First "jury* deliberated almost 14 hrs before they hung. #jodiarias

I have to say I have found the behavior and mannerisms of the Arias family rather odd.

Maybe Sandi has detached herself emotionally in order to be able to stomach her daughter's lies about being abused by Sandi and Bill. I find both the mom and her sister to have quite the flat affect. Neither of them seemed to be fazed by the horrific autopsy photos of Travis. Even trial watchers in court not connected to the case were profoundly affected.

I don't think Sandi was a narcissistic mom but I do think she spoiled JA rotten and help to create someone that felt entitled to do as they wanted to do without accountability. I have a feeling from a very young age JA had a defiance disorder and the way the family chose to deal with it was to let her get away with everything so there would be some semblance of peace in the household.

I think it was when they tried to correct her a few times that she went into a rage and attacked not only her little brother but her mother as well. I have always felt if the story is true about Bill throwing JA up against a wall it was because she had just attacked and abused her mother.

Deep down I think Sandi has a sigh of relief that the family will no longer have to deal with her. It doesn't mean they don't love her for I am sure they do but it is far better to try to love JA at a distance than up close. I am sure it has crossed their minds now that they know what she is capable of doing and think it could happen to any of them if they made her mad enough. I think they all know how dangerous JA is.

I wonder if her story about Her Dad throwing her against the wall wasn't another one of her half-truth lies.
She was very descriptive about it, as if she were watching. Makes me think that she was the attacker and did this to her mother. Maybe she had already choked the cat unconscious (or to death) at this point and she wanted to see how it felt to do it to a human?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth