VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 43, Part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When it was tweeted that the jury had questions on #5 and #6 was that on the mitigation that was listed? Anyone remember what 5 and 6 were on the list?

Oh, now THAT makes more sense to me now... The jurors may have had questions about specific #'s on a list. I thought they had previous 4 questions that I missed somewhere along the way.

ETA: ok I guess I am still confused. Trial followers, what were the previous 4 questions?

You all just left me over on the first thread!!!!!!!! I kept waiting and wondering why no one was posting! hahaha

Ha! When my reply button was gone, I thought I was in a time out. :)

When it was tweeted that the jury had questions on #5 and #6 was that on the mitigation that was listed? Anyone remember what 5 and 6 were on the list?

not sure but probably remorse, and no family support.

1. Arias has no prior criminal history.
2. Arias was just 27 years old at the time she killed Travis Alexander.
3. Arias is remorseful.
4. Arias suffered both physical and emotional abuse as a child.
5. Arias suffered both physical and emotional abuse during her relationship with Travis Alexander.
6. The abusive nature of Arias' relationship with Travis Alexander caused her to suffer extreme emotional distress.
7. Arias has been diagnosed with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
8. Arias has been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder.
9. Arias' psychological makeup impaired her ability to cope with the tumultuous relationship she had with Alexander.

Funny how go from optimist at 9am to debbie downer by 5.

tumblr_lk8ffm4FuN1qazkdco1_500.jpg

Cannot be healthy! lol

I really wasn't expecting this from this jury. I haven't given up completely on a DP verdict, but well...I only hope after this is over that the jurors speak and say they didn't buy any of the DT b******t, and if it's not the DP, they have other reasons for their decision. That at least will be easier to live with than that the DT's perversion of justice actually worked.

I believe it is someone that is internally conflicted re: the death penalty.

I don't think you are going to get people who don't believe in the DP for her to change their minds. I think this ends up LWOP. I think that is the end of it and I will be glad.

Sadly I agree---just don't see death penalty happening :tears::stormingmad:

I was so sure this jury would get it right. Whether LWOP or DP, I was so convinced they would all come together. I couldn't conceive of another hung jury. Let's see, OJ Simpson, Casey Anthony and now, even though JA was found guilty..she gets life. And she gets to hang around Estrella until JSS sentences her and JSS may not even sentence her to LWOP. I have no hope anymore.

Some seem to think only certain cases should be death penalty cases. That is only a personal opinion we have and really has nothing to do with how it is done in our justice system.

That is why the sole decision it is left up to each Prosecutor's office in each local jurisdiction whether they decide if a case should be a death penalty case or not.

Outsiders (public at large) aren't the ones who decide nor should they be.

In each jurisdiction the DA has knowledge of other murder cases committed in their area and from that they know when a crime is so heinous and cruel (beyond what society is willing to accept) that it is death penalty qualified. Usually these are premeditated gruesome overkills like is seen in this case.

Most of those on death row aren't mass murderers or serial killers or stranger pedophile/murderers.

Many of them are individual men who are on death row because they murdered someone they knew well such as a spouse or ex-spouse or ex-girlfriend etc. In other words. DV homicides just like Travis' DV homicide.

In this case the DA would have been remiss in his duties if he did not try to seek the death penalty for JA. The aggravators most definitely shows why this is a DP case and should be.

I think those holding out are holding out due to the guilt trip Nurmi sounded like he placed on the jurors.

If that is the case, I hope these jurors go home tonight and realize that this is not theirs to feel guilty over. This is not their problem to feel badly about. The only reason they should feel bad is if they refuse to uphold the law and apply the DP when it is warranted, because they all said they could and would be willing to.

I really wasn't expecting this from this jury. I haven't given up completely on a DP verdict, but well...I only hope after this is over that the jurors speak and say they didn't buy any of the DT b******t, and if it's not the DP, they have other reasons for their decision. That at least will be easier to live with than that the DT's perversion of justice actually worked.
I feel the same way. I deluded myself, I guess. I still had 100% faith at noon today. But it is a difficult task and Boytwnmom's post really hit the nail on the head if they come back hung. Grrrrrrr!

1. Arias has no prior criminal history.
2. Arias was just 27 years old at the time she killed Travis Alexander.
3. Arias is remorseful.
4. Arias suffered both physical and emotional abuse as a child.
5. Arias suffered both physical and emotional abuse during her relationship with Travis Alexander.
6. The abusive nature of Arias' relationship with Travis Alexander caused her to suffer extreme emotional distress.
7. Arias has been diagnosed with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
8. Arias has been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder.
9. Arias' psychological makeup impaired her ability to cope with the tumultuous relationship she had with Alexander.

I think the Jurors questions #5 & #6 were not related to this list, but thank you for reposting this - as this is what the jurors should be deliberating (IMO)

As much as I want the DP for her it's time for this to be over I think. For the sake of the alexanders....how much longer can they go on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 · 8s9 seconds ago
Alexander family begins to enter 5th floor. #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 31s31 seconds ago
Nurmi is here #jodiarias #3tvarias

I can't believe how this is dragging. I'm glad the jurors are trying hard but I just don't see it amounting to much. They're hung. Actually if it goes LWOP (and in my opinion, 90% chance it will) I rather have the jury hung over 12 saying life. I like Arias knowing plenty were willing to sentence her evil soul to death and that is something she will have live with. In fact, both jury's had plenty of jurors willing to sentence her to death. That and JM locking her up for the rest of her miserable life. Take that, you evil witch.

Sadly I agree---just don't see death penalty happening :tears::stormingmad:

I have to tell you that I would not vote for death for her. Not because I believe anything she says or agree with any of the mitigators. But because I think the DP is for people who murder more than one person. I think it is for people who kill kids or serial killers or people who target officers. But in this case, I don't see it. If it was me, I would be voting against DP here. I know people want her to pay. So do I. I would have given OJ death because he killed two people. I think Scott Peterson deserved death because he killed 2 people.
But as horrible as this killing was, I just would not vote for the DP for her. I think it is for the worst of the worst and I don't see that here. It could be that someone else feels the same way.

I was so sure this jury would get it right. Whether LWOP or DP, I was so convinced they would all come together. I couldn't conceive of another hung jury. Let's see, OJ Simpson, Casey Anthony and now, even though JA was found guilty..she gets life. And she gets to hang around Estrella until JSS sentences her and JSS may not even sentence her to LWOP. I have no hope anymore.

They never would have executed her~~she more than likely have gotten LWOP on one appeal or another. They threw so much junk in there~~i wish more laws existed to protect the victim. Sadly Travis became a monster. Shameful if you ask me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem